Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 01:02 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times

Advertisements

In the other thread about whether Trump is the worst president or not a poster made that comment and it got me thinking about it.

Let me ask you, if you are concerned about climate change and your carbon footprint why wait for a president or politician to do something about it when it is YOUR personal sacrifice that will ultimately diminish CO2 production.

But 99% of those that are worried about climate change will probably not make the personal sacrifice of..

1 Take a bus to work! Yes you will have to wake up earlier and get home later, you might get rained on at the bus stop but your personal pollution will go down.

2 ride a bicycle to the store! It might be hot summer or cold winter, it might rain but your personal pollution will go down.

3 Offer donations of more taxes to the government to fight climate change, offer donations to less privileged countries to build better pollution guards, that's what you expect politicians to do anyway so take personal control.

4 keep your thermostat no lower than 80 degrees in summer, no higher that 65 degrees in winter, you will be saving on pollution , might be uncomfortable but hey......or better yet don't run the AC at all sit by a fan in your house in your underwear.

5 stop taking vacations! Do you really need to go on that vacation? Think of the spent fuel and unneeded pollution it makes.

6 give up your toys, do you really need that jet ski?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 01:09 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
1. no busses here
2, bad knees, can't ride
3. no money
4.had a heat stroke, not supposed to get hot
5.last vacation was 15 years ago,
6. what toys?

Don't believe in man made warming anyway.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:13 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
In the other thread about whether Trump is the worst president or not a poster made that comment and it got me thinking about it.

Let me ask you, if you are concerned about climate change and your carbon footprint why wait for a president or politician to do something about it when it is YOUR personal sacrifice that will ultimately diminish CO2 production.

But 99% of those that are worried about climate change will probably not make the personal sacrifice of..

1 Take a bus to work! Yes you will have to wake up earlier and get home later, you might get rained on at the bus stop but your personal pollution will go down.

2 ride a bicycle to the store! It might be hot summer or cold winter, it might rain but your personal pollution will go down.

3 Offer donations of more taxes to the government to fight climate change, offer donations to less privileged countries to build better pollution guards, that's what you expect politicians to do anyway so take personal control.

4 keep your thermostat no lower than 80 degrees in summer, no higher that 65 degrees in winter, you will be saving on pollution , might be uncomfortable but hey......or better yet don't run the AC at all sit by a fan in your house in your underwear.

5 stop taking vacations! Do you really need to go on that vacation? Think of the spent fuel and unneeded pollution it makes.

Hey look a leftist wants to tell you how to live....

1. No buses here
2. Are you f'n kidding me? On the road I live on?
3. No....they take enough anyway....
4. I pay my bills, I'll keep where I want.
5. Yes, I do need to go on vacations.
6. Yes, Yes I do...

Now, What gives you the right to tell me how to live?

Old 10-09-2018, 01:16 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hey look a leftist wants to tell you how to live....

1. No buses here
2. Are you f'n kidding me? On the road I live on?
3. No....they take enough anyway....
4. I pay my bills, I'll keep where I want.
5. Yes, I do need to go on vacations.
6. Yes, Yes I do...

Now, What gives you the right to tell me how to live?
read deeper into my post, I'm calling them out, not telling you to do anything

Old 10-09-2018, 01:19 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
7 Recognize that the solution to unwanted climate change is advanced technology to manage the climate and increased wealth to implement that tech.

8 Stop interfering.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:21 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Yeah I thought that was understood from the getgo IMO.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:21 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times
Quote:
I think the man-made Global warming believers should save themselves and leave us out of it. They should all relocate to somewhere in the mountains to avoid the flood and stop bothering the rest of us.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:24 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
When the climate gets too hot it can just "identify" as a cooler climate.

Problem solved.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:24 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:

I don't know about others, but NO, I will not give up one scintilla of lifestyle in homage to "climate change". If the climate warms, so be it, deal with it. Your list is, and will forever remain, at epic fail. In fact, since the weather might warm, I'm having a second AC installed, as well as a diesel generator.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:26 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:

Sorry about that, I missed the "not"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies