Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 12:30 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Don't believe everything you read...I think what he's saying is, he denys the fact that human's are causing it....b/c he did say and I watched him say, that he doesn't believe the impact is from humans, he believes it's just the natural cause of things....so do I.

I believe humans have an impact but not to the extent that they are causing it....
Its not supposed to happen this quick is it? Why is it so hard to believe scientists? President is a reality tv star..

Old 10-16-2018, 12:36 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Its not supposed to happen this quick is it? Why is it so hard to believe scientists? President is a reality tv star..
Because everyone of their predictions has not happened.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Because everyone of their predictions has not happened.
Or it is happening but like a bug in a bathtub we cannot see it all. The thing is its not something that just happens overnight. The effects are gonna be felt by our children.

The data is there man. Your just stuck in some conspiracy narrative. Your guy Trump said it was a Chinese hoax and now he believes it.

Ok cool, baby steps. Maybe next year you guys would admit its man made but its being caused by liberals controlling the weather..

Old 10-16-2018, 12:44 PM

366 posts, read 214,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/nymag.com...than-that.html

Fact, leaving capital control in the hands of private power have left our global well being on the precipice of destruction.

The natural world, fresh water, all formulated by organic beings in the pursuit of mutual aid form the circle of life. Bees pollinate plants while in turn plants offer food and vegetation to the living world. Algae is consumed by fish who offer natural and voluntary regulation for natural living.

Read Mutual Aid:A Factor of Evolution by Peter Kropotkin to understand that from any colonies, to bee hives, to white tail birds, to plant life, to wolf packs, to human settlements, communal help is what has brought us to success, not artificial power and economic control.

Today capitalism is forcing authoritarian dictations on private power who act on their own needs, wasting the land for their own profit and leading to climate destruction.

We must save this world and finally free ourselves to form a self sustaining society we’re nature and man live in harmony, not by the invisible control of business wealth.

There is no denying what is happening, we must act now.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:44 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Or it is happening but like a bug in a bathtub we cannot see it all. The thing is its not something that just happens overnight. The effects are gonna be felt by our children.

The data is there man. Your just stuck in some conspiracy narrative. Your guy Trump said it was a Chinese hoax and now he believes it.

Ok cool, baby steps. Maybe next year you guys would admit its man made but its being caused by liberals controlling the weather..
My daughter will deal with it when, and more importantly, if it happens. Very big “if”.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:02 PM

463 posts, read 189,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Brace yourself. You are about to be deluged with climate deniers. Low information people who wouldn't be able to tell you what a molecule is are going to chime in with their "expertise" as to why the whole scientific community around the world is wrong and they are right.

I doubt many of the climate deniers even have a high school education, but trust them, because they know all about this.

By the time we get these cretins out of office there won't be anything left to save.
Yea man, climate deniers don't know anything about science, like how there are 87 genders and stuff

Old 10-16-2018, 10:17 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Progressivism is the new religion, & climate change is part of the liturgy. Logic and facts cannot pass thru the wall of "blasphemy" - Progressive leaders know it's just the next power grab scam, & the congregation can only repeat the sound bites they've been fed. They can't even hear a word of what Non-brainwashed scientists are saying.

Look at how they use a supposed 97% consensus of "climate experts" as proof of their claims, when simply reading the entire sentance of the abstract reveals that a MINORITY of the studies actually supported AGW. And what exactly is a qualified climate expert, when the field is too new to have any consensus of what STEM fields you should have studied, and no 2 colleges would have any consistency in what courses should be taken?

How can even the brainwashed Left worry about a possible 2 degree increase over 100 years, when an increase in sunspots (the prevailing theory for most of my life) could cause far more catastrophic cooling, that would be ameliorated by AGW if it existed? World cooling is far more dangerous & costly than warming-- just the shorter growing seasons would be catastrophic for world food supplies and prices.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Progressivism is the new religion, & climate change is part of the liturgy. Logic and facts cannot pass thru the wall of "blasphemy" - Progressive leaders know it's just the next power grab scam, & the congregation can only repeat the sound bites they've been fed. They can't even hear a word of what Non-brainwashed scientists are saying.

Look at how they use a supposed 97% consensus of "climate experts" as proof of their claims, when simply reading the entire sentance of the abstract reveals that a MINORITY of the studies actually supported AGW. And what exactly is a qualified climate expert, when the field is too new to have any consensus of what STEM fields you should have studied, and no 2 colleges would have any consistency in what courses should be taken?

How can even the brainwashed Left worry about a possible 2 degree increase over 100 years, when an increase in sunspots (the prevailing theory for most of my life) could cause far more catastrophic cooling, that would be ameliorated by AGW if it existed? World cooling is far more dangerous & costly than warming-- just the shorter growing seasons would be catastrophic for world food supplies and prices.
You heard it from NHartphotog.
He's an expert on these things. He's got a phd on the field of "Trust me I know these things".

Old 10-17-2018, 01:27 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post

And this is why humanity is doomed. It’s easier for people to rationalize the problem as an American-progressive “power grab” (one of which the entire rest of the world is somehow in on ), rather than acknowledge the facts behind the issue.

I guess Soros must be behind the rising sea levels too, right?

Un****ng-believable.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:12 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Damn straight it is. The west was setting cold record temps and while we had a cold snap to below normal temps here in the east coast, I saw the temps in Arizona were even a few degrees cooler than us. Climate change does include global cooling, right? Solar activity, or in this case the lack of it, we're moving into is causing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies