Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2018, 11:49 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,737,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenKW View Post
https://www.city-data.com/forum/psych...wer-iq-11.html

the bigger the tattoo, the lower the IQ - Sorry but I have been observing this world for decades and its true.
Meh, one study just doesn't do it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 11:50 AM

7,272 posts, read 5,320,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In the current generation, there's less stigma attached to having ink. That means that a larger percentage of the overall population has ink, and yes, I think you'll find both some very intelligent people in that population and some people who are... well, let's just say their tattoo decisions were very impulsive.

Do I think people with tattoos have low IQ? Not necessarily. I wonder why some people constantly paint the entire group of people with one broad brush, I won't use the word "stupid", lol, maybe many live a very sheltered life?

I don't have tattoos, but I certainly appreciate a nicely done tattoo, (especially on a hot man). Do I AUTOMATICALLY assume people with tattoos = stupid? absolutely not.
I'll highlight similar to what you did on my post.

One of humanity's greatest faults is passing judgement with only the eyes. If you walk away from a person before knowing them just because you see ink, a good possibility you could be walking away from a good friend. The cliche judging a book by its cover is prevalent in life.

Regarding IQ, I've seen doctors and nurses and attorneys and CPAs with tattoos. I'm pretty sure the IQ enabled them to attain their professional level, and not the ink on their body.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:53 AM

39,494 posts, read 27,846,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I'll highlight similar to what you did on my post.

One of humanity's greatest faults is passing judgement with only the eyes. If you walk away from a person before knowing them just because you see ink, a good possibility you could be walking away from a good friend. The cliche judging a book by its cover is prevalent in life.

Regarding IQ, I've seen doctors and nurses and attorneys and CPAs with tattoos. I'm pretty sure the IQ enabled them to attain their professional level, and not the ink on their body.
well said!

Old 10-11-2018, 11:57 AM

3,321 posts, read 2,363,493 times
I've met very intelligent people who have tattoos, and I've met people who probably can't tie their shoes without help, who also have tattoos.

Just like everything else.

I'm not a huge fan of tattoos, but it's a free country and I really don't care if people have them.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
I've met very intelligent people who have tattoos, and I've met people who probably can't tie their shoes without help, who also have tattoos.

I'm not a huge fan of tattoos, but it's a free country and I really don't care if people have them.
agreed.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:59 AM

4,335 posts, read 1,570,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Bold is absolutely true.

So UNTRUE. I says a lot. The first thing it says is "I have very poor judgement and am easily swayed by shallow peer pressure"

Old 10-11-2018, 12:00 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,969,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
I agree though that tattoos being trendy took the coolness of even getting one.
Well for people that are concerned with what others think I can see that being true. For the rest of us, we like what we like and don’t give others thoughts about it any weight.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
So UNTRUE. I says a lot. The first thing it says is "I have very poor judgement and am easily swayed by shallow peer pressure"
That is your opinion.

Like I posted earlier, my friend has 9 skulls on his arm. He was a Navy corpsman, (the "Doc" for the Marines) and he lost 9 Marines in ME. That 9 skulls is for them and for himself. Peer especially PRESSURE has absolutely nothing to do with it. Honestly speaking, he KNEW big tattoo turns off Many if not most women, he could care less. Nothing changed the fact that he is still the beautiful man he has always been. He is just a beautiful man with a sad story to tell now. (man, let's not turn this thread into only stupid people joined the military thread lol)

The bottom line is that tattoo is an individual choice. You and I probably would never get a tattoo, but I certainly won't pretend I know the reason why those people choose to get their tattoos. I don't know. This is the bottom line.

The problem here is not "judging" we all judge, but let's not paint the ENTIRE group of people with one broad brush.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:11 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,737,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post

Exactly!

Old 10-11-2018, 12:14 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,404,745 times
So, some dimwit Alex Jones co-conspirator is telling others what people are stupid based on something as varied and variable as “has a tattoo?”

Yeah...if he wants stupid, I suggest a mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies