Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Don Lemon a racist, as Hershel Walker says he is
Yes 110 74.83%
No 37 25.17%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 07:12 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
This is another case of why I call black Trump supporters mercenaries. Most of the Blacks who support Trump have personal access to him. A mercenaries is someone who puts their ethics on the back burner for personal gain and I think we are all to some degree or another from time to time. What Don lemon should ask Herchel walker and Kanye is how do you love a man who is also loved by the Aryan Nation?
Maybe you would like to list all the real grievances black folks should have with President Trump that they didn’t with every President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 07:23 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,098 times
As usual libs get mad at Kanye and anyone who disrupts their PC narrative which is failing l

Old 10-13-2018, 08:00 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol You haven't been around many black folk. I hear comments from them about blacks often enough.
Not my point. It’s not RACIST for a black person to criticize another black person.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:02 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
As usual libs get mad at Kanye and anyone who disrupts their PC narrative which is failing l
I have yet to see any “libs” MAD at Kanye.

Nobody’s mad. Alarmed at his behavior? Sure.

And, I’m not even talking about his supposed “support” of Trump. Because...you know he’s not a voter, right?

Old 10-13-2018, 08:03 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezguitar View Post

The biggest con job perpetrated on black people in this country today is the idea that we're being actively stifled because of racism. It's a catch all term used as a copout for disparities in outcomes, aka an excuse.

I used to think this way because it was all I ever heard from the people around me. Some of us have awakened to the truth and I believe Kanye is one such individual.
Liked your entire post, but I especially liked this. Regardless of ethnicity or political bend, what is so wrong with thinking for oneself? Why does that anger the left so much? What are they afraid of?

Those of you ripping on Kanye for meeting with a guy you hate, for making statements you hate...if you are so sure none of it matters, if you are so sure that the left and black America will never change their mind over Kanye's rants....then why do you care? Why not just ignore him?

CNN & Lemon can have a segment where they can openly deride a man of color for walking his own path, and completely "pffft" that man's ideas for bettering the community where he grew up. Kanye made some excellent comments from a business perspective, and Trump knows that.

And that just ticks off the left to no end. Once again, the irony of the word 'liberal' even being part of the Democratic ideology always makes me smile.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:08 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Not my point. It’s not RACIST for a black person to criticize another black person.
Anyone who believes that certain "races" of people are somehow immune to being racists because of their "race," is very certainly a racist. And that is true regardless of what that person's skin color is, or what sort of self-serving explanation that anyone comes up with to try to excuse their racism.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:12 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Maybe we need to have a roundtable to discuss racism. Hopefully the left will trot out homophobes like Joy Reid and the bigot Rev Al to shed light on this like they did last time.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:13 AM

21,934 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Black folks are smart. We don't need anyone to think for us especially, the good old boy's club. Your statement is one of the many reasons that the right will never win the black or Hispanic vote. Figure that out.
Sorry, but the numbers are increasing. Blacks are figuring out that the Democrats have done nothing for them but ruin the places they live in with high crime and no jobs.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:14 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Liked your entire post, but I especially liked this. Regardless of ethnicity or political bend, what is so wrong with thinking for oneself? Why does that anger the left so much? What are they afraid of?

Those of you ripping on Kanye for meeting with a guy you hate, for making statements you hate...if you are so sure none of it matters, if you are so sure that the left and black America will never change their mind over Kanye's rants....then why do you care? Why not just ignore him?

CNN & Lemon can have a segment where they can openly deride a man of color for walking his own path, and completely "pffft" that man's ideas for bettering the community where he grew up. Kanye made some excellent comments from a business perspective, and Trump knows that.

And that just ticks off the left to no end. Once again, the irony of the word 'liberal' even being part of the Democratic ideology always makes me smile.
Can't have conversation. Conversation would expose the left for what they are. Don't talk with the President, that's bad. Don't talk with North Korea and Russia, that's bad. Just do as you are told mundane.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:16 AM

21,934 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Why doesn’t trump prove his worth by releasing his taxes?
Your taxes don't tell your worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies