Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2018, 10:00 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
.....tester says he made up for lack of Native American DNA with DNA from Mexico, Peru, Colombia

LOL.....she's not even USA native indian
And you are scoffing at this why?

"Analysis of ancient and present-day genetic samples from California and Canada identified a similar DNA ancestry. This suggests possible "reconvergence" between two separated ancient populations.
If the analysis is accurate, it would mean that all native populations in North, Central, and South America shared a genetic ancestry from a northern ancient population that is most closely related to the indigenous people of eastern Canada."

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2...dy-reveals.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 10:00 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Makes me wonder though why she would even claim to be Native American. it is clear, beyond any doubt that her physical traits are nothing close to a Native American. She "heard" she had some in her, yet instead of clamoring on her obvious non-Native traits, she sought out to latch on to this "heard of" Native in her. Even with the DNA, it is still a wonder why she would even claim Native status with a trivial amount of Native DNA in her, yet ignore the overwhelming non-Native DNA in her.

I have a lot, a whole lot of Native in me, and even my physical traits show through with this, yet I have and will never claim such a status because my Native DNA and physical traits are nothing close to what my non_native is, and it would be disingenuous of me to claim such a thing.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You need to learn to read, I never claimed she used her fake Native American heritage to get into college or get a job.
So what "benefits" do you believe she accrued?

As I said before, be specific and show your work.

3,163 posts, read 1,726,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Still doesn't make her NA. African Americans and the vast majority of slave descendants in the Americas have European ancestry. Can we call ourselves white? That would be a monumental stretch.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elizab...a-test-results
She wouldn’t be the only white crook who steals govt money and programs because they are 1/64 Cherokee.

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I think she intentionally disclosed this information as bait, to try and lure Trump/GOP to say something stupid and manipulate voters leading up to the midterms.
Could be.

Washingtontimes posted an article to explain the situation, but most people probably don't care.

This country has strong identity politics. You are either FOR somebody, or AGAINST somebody. There is nothing in between.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...istent-previo/

This said, Trump can donate the 1million and be done with.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:03 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Agree with all of this, but the bolded especially.

Trump supporters, like Trump himself, will never yield. They will lie, deny, and dismiss any and everything that might prove Donald Trump was wrong about something. Even if there are undeniable facts, like in this case, they will just ignore, say "fake news," or question the validity of factual information. On the contrary, they will believe, support, and spread any story that makes Trump look good, even if its false information.

Those who still support Donald Trump at this point will never leave his side and they will defend him at all costs, no matter how crazy it makes them look. They are too far gone to be saved. All we can do is pray for them.
What this tells you is how unintelligent his supporters are. In other words, they’re useless.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:04 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

What you need them for? Are you hyped up over a politician not saying what he was going to do? Is that uncommon or something?
The hell you think I need them for? I need them for the OBVIOUS reason to investigate if they show any signs of inappropriate business practices or tax adherence. I want forensic accountants to look through that **** and tell us if there are any red flags.

That should be Step One for ANYONE running for President. We never even vetted that guy sitting in the White House.

And if there is nothinf that can be discerned from them (which is a lie and you probably know little about taxes and accounting), then it should have been easy to release them and say "see? Nothing in there like I said."

Old 10-15-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Makes me wonder though why she would even claim to be Native American. it is clear, beyond any doubt that her physical traits are nothing close to a Native American. She "heard" she had some in her, yet instead of clamoring on her obvious non-Native traits, she sought out to latch on to this "heard of" Native in her. Even with the DNA, it is still a wonder why she would even claim Native status with a trivial amount of Native DNA in her, yet ignore the overwhelming non-Native DNA in her.

I have a lot, a whole lot of Native in me, and even my physical traits show through with this, yet I have and will never claim such a status because my Native DNA and physical traits are nothing close to what my non_native is, and it would be disingenuous of me to claim such a thing.
Someone asked her about her family history.
She stated that, according to family history, she had a Native American ancestor.
Should she have lied by omission and not mentioned the family history?

Do you not mention your history if asked?

Old 10-15-2018, 10:05 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadaice99 View Post

As Whites, especially White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, or WASPs, are the dominant racial and cultural group, according to sociologist Steven Seidman, writing from a critical theory perspective, "White culture constitutes the general cultural mainstream, causing non-White culture to be seen as deviant, in either a positive or negative manner. Moreover, Whites tend to be disproportionately represented in powerful positions, controlling almost all political, economic, and cultural institutions."

Yet, according to Seidman, Whites are most commonly unaware of their privilege and the manner in which their culture has always been dominant in the US, as they do not identify as members of a specific racial group but rather incorrectly perceive their views and culture as "raceless", when in fact it is ethno-national (ethnic/cultural) specific, with a racial base component.

You see, Warren was trying to separate herself from the shame she found in whiteness, as she saw herself as "raceless" and attempted to co-opt and pull a Rachel Dolezal on us and claim native American heritage. It all comes back on her just proving her fault as whiteness, and having her becoming the exact white devil she was trying to not be.

YOU DONT NEED TO COOPT OTHER RACES DEMOCRATS, STOP.

Chris

Oh Lizzie, it's okay to be white.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:07 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Who trusts Dumbass in the White House to be telling the truth?
Trump supporters create their own truth. It doesn't matter if she proves her ancestry, they want to believe she is lying so they will continue to believe that and push that narrative. It's not too different from how they still believe Obama was born in Kenya and is a secret Muslim despite all evidence to the contrary. They want to believe it so they will believe it. Meanwhile, they don't care about Trump's tax returns or any of his lies or corruption because he shares their deep, seething anger and hatred towards minorities, gays, and non-Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies