Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 04:57 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times

Advertisements

It's so obvious this mum knew what she was doing.

Narcissists these days continuing to do what they do to stir things up and get attention no matter how negative.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/son-...205939275.html

Quote:
A junior high special education teacher claims that her son’s shocking Hitler costume — which included a brush mustache and a Nazi swastika on a red armband — was merely the result of needing a last-minute outfit for a recent community Halloween event.

But Janet Arsanian, employed at Cortney Junior High School, in Boulder City, Nev., is under fire, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, after photos of her son dressed as Adolf Hitler at a Boulder City Chamber of Commerce-sponsored event, “Trunk or Treat,” went viral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 05:03 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Meh, who cares other than snowflakes?

Old 10-17-2018, 05:06 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Costumes, symbols, nor speech can hurt me so I really don't care what people wear.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:08 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Narcissists these days continuing to do what they do to stir things up and get attention no matter how negative.

Sorry but after the Left spent all this time and effort into characterizing anyone who disagrees with their agenda as literally Nazis/Hitler........

It's just not shocking anymore.

Bad taste? .....Maybe, depends on the context.

But shocking??

Nope.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:12 AM

5,103 posts, read 2,049,434 times
I wonder if South Park had predicted that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOWGFH-QtC4

Old 10-17-2018, 05:15 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Why is this even an issue? People are supposed to dress up as scary things on Halloween, this isn’t a “my hero” holiday. And more importantly, why is her profession even part of the discussion?

Old 10-17-2018, 05:31 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
From the OP's link:

Quote:
The mother then compared dressing as Hitler to dressing as fictional evil characters such as Michael Myers of Halloween and wrote that her son chose to dress as Hitler because of his haircut. “He did it all by himself and I’m proud of him,” she said. “If you guys are so sensitive maybe you should not leave your house.”
Comparing Hitler to a fictional character is offensive. I would like to know what WWII vets and Holocaust survivors think of this outfit. I suspect they would be unimpressed. It also seems like a bit of effort for a "last minute" costume. When I was a kid, "last minute" meant your mom cut eyeholes in an old sheet and told you to say "Boo!"

Old 10-17-2018, 05:51 AM

59,024 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
From the OP's link:

Comparing Hitler to a fictional character is offensive. I would like to know what WWII vets and Holocaust survivors think of this outfit. I suspect they would be unimpressed. It also seems like a bit of effort for a "last minute" costume. When I was a kid, "last minute" meant your mom cut eyeholes in an old sheet and told you to say "Boo!"

Your same argument could be applied to the wearing of a British army uniform from when we were at war with Britain.

Would we see he SAME outcry from our posters?

Old 10-17-2018, 05:59 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
From the OP's link:

My Dad, my uncles, and many of their friends were WWII vets. I knew them all. They wouldn't blink an eye at a Hitler costume. They didn't allow nonsense to bother them. When you are facing bullets, bombs, and artillery it's hard to get upset at symbols, speech, costumes, statues, flags, etc. All nonsense.

I went to my Kindergarten Halloween day as a Confederate soldier, with a Confederate flag. Nobody was offended. Everyone thought it was "cute".

Old 10-17-2018, 06:19 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
That takes a special kind of stupid. Unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies