Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 02:43 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,411,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, that's all we have to go on, isn't it? And you don't wait around until the last minute to prepare for something when you don't know what you're going to be dealing with. That would be downright stupid.

All that matters at this point is we don't need illegals swarming into the country the way they did at the Mexican border.

Whether it's 1,000 or 12,00 doesn't matter, as you point out.

And whatever the percentage is that actually makes it this far doesn't matter either. This type of thing needs to be discouraged.
They're a nit in the overall scheme of things. A weeks worth of over stayer in total.

And why don't you knock off the idiocy about housing refugees in private homes? Refugees are a sub class of immigrants and are clearly in the Immigration charter of the Federal government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 02:48 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,681,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
They're a nit in the overall scheme of things. A weeks worth of over stayer in total.

And why don't you knock off the idiocy about housing refugees in private homes? Refugees are a sub class of immigrants and are clearly in the Immigration charter of the Federal government.
The problem needs to be addressed not ignored. Why are you so committed to ignoring it?

And kindly quote all the posts where I mentioned housing refugees in private homes. Because I think I mentioned it once, and mentioned it a second time when I reference the idiocy of telling people to keep them in cages in their garages.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:09 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,411,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The problem needs to be addressed not ignored. Why are you so committed to ignoring it?

And kindly quote all the posts where I mentioned housing refugees in private homes. Because I think I mentioned it once, and mentioned it a second time when I reference the idiocy of telling people to keep them in cages in their garages.
The problem is a screwed up immigration system driven by 11 million illegal aliens. Until that is squared away the rest of this is just wasting time and breath.

And the right does not like the only available solution. (Actually I don't either - But it still the only solution)

So the right simply prolongs the discussion and continues to complain allowing the problem to get worse.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:15 PM

13,310 posts, read 7,894,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I want to know how many migrants from migrant caravans have invaded our country? Not sure what your point is about home invaders.

No one will ever forget 9-11. But we also won't forget Bin Laden was in the U.S. paling around with the Bushes.
Trump's application takers will be down there to take applications from migrators.

Johnson and Nixon both took applications (or draftees) to invade Vietnam.

France and Japan did the same thing for their immigrations to Vietnam.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 11-04-2018 at 03:31 PM..

Old 11-04-2018, 03:29 PM

13,310 posts, read 7,894,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Trump's application takers will be down there to take applications from migrators.

Johnson and Nixon both took applications (or draftees) to invade Vietnam.

France and Japan did the same thing for their immigrations to Vietnam.
Applications will not be accepted from underage migrators. (unless signed by their applying parents accepted)

I had two friends who were underage immigrants to Vietnam, who were accepted, to avoid hard time for misdemeanors committers here.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:54 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,681,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The problem is a screwed up immigration system driven by 11 million illegal aliens. Until that is squared away the rest of this is just wasting time and breath.

And the right does not like the only available solution. (Actually I don't either - But it still the only solution)

So the right simply prolongs the discussion and continues to complain allowing the problem to get worse.
Neither the right or the left want immigration reform.

Neither the right or the left want to do anything about the opioid epidemic.

Neither the right of the left want to do anything about poverty.

Or the homeless.

Or the illegals currently here.

Or corruption in government.

Or healthcare.

Do you know why it's so easy to be certain about such things? Because nothing has been done about them by either party.

Wake up already.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,599,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I want to know how many migrants from migrant caravans have invaded our country? Not sure what your point is about home invaders.

No one will ever forget 9-11. But we also won't forget Bin Laden was in the U.S. paling around with the Bushes.
None. I think 14 people were arrested from the last 'caravan' in April from trying to cross the border illegally.

Good thing we've got 15,000 troops down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
And, so will Joe the Photog, trobesmom, Ringo1, corpgypsy, kdog, rstevens62 and the others who think we should accept every person who wants to enter this country. We cannot take in every single person who wants to live here. Maybe, they can personally offer to sponsor these people.
Plenty of people of volunteer. No one expects any Republicans to volunteer.

How many do you think will actually qualify for asylum???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
With the one is April of this year many of them entered our country illegally. Then when they were arrested they got separated from their kids and they were forewarned about it. We don't jail kids with their law breaking parents. We don't want a repeat of April.
14 got arrested in April .

Old 11-04-2018, 04:37 PM

8,504 posts, read 4,593,858 times
Default SNL spoof of Fox News caravan hysteria and lies

Great job by SNL last night.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:54 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,737,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Great job by SNL last night.

Do you mean when they made fun of a wounded Navy Seal who is now 1/2 blind from an IED exploding in his fact defending our Troops from a War that Obama ratcheted up unnecessarily? That he wears an eye patch over his destroyed eye?

Is that what you mean?

Old 11-04-2018, 04:55 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,158,045 times
#OrangeManBad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies