Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 10:06 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So in other words, you voted for Trump because you hated Hillary
I voted for him because his political opponents hate me: straight, white, former military, hard worker, follow the rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 10:11 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I voted for him because his political opponents hate me: straight, white, former military, hard worker, follow the rules.
Join a union then. Republicans hate unions because they look out for the middle class. Republicans look out for the rich first

Old 10-19-2018, 10:25 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I'm all those things and I voted against both Bush and Trump. I have nothing in common with a political party that is only interested in enriching corporations and giving tax breaks to the most wealthy Americans. Not sure why their working poor voters continue to carry their water.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:41 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
So in other words, you voted for Trump because you hated Hillary
"I hated Hillary"? Where did you get that from? There is no hate. I dont even dislike her. I even voted for her husband twice. Kind of regret that now, but I prospered under Bill. Not actually under Him though

Last edited by LS Jaun; 10-19-2018 at 10:57 PM..

Old 10-19-2018, 10:55 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I really don't get it either.

Presidents typically have exhausting schedules. Up early in the morning, through late at night. After 4 years they look visibly aged.

This man spends all his time traveling around the country holding congratulatory parties for himself.

Unbelievable. Who, I wonder, is doing his actual job?

I am a libertarian and did not vote for Trump or Obama but Trump does seem like he keeps pretty busy. I remember the reports that Obama would just work a few hours a day. Late for meetings, comes in to work very late and leave early. At least Trump is putting in more of an effort. Even WaPo had to comment on it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.1b21005a7a83

Old 10-19-2018, 11:18 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
And why is that. Is it because Democrats are fighting for seniors who are on medicare while Republicans want to cut it. Republicans are for the rich not the middle class or seniors.
Pivot and lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
It's not what they say. It's what they DON'T say. Have you heard one Democrat say a word about this caravan heading north? When they got really, really mad, one of them said, "this is a difficult situation." That's the most outrage you will hear. There are actuall illegals on California city councils! Did you know that or lead ignornace. Voting for illegals is around the corner if not already here. What are you smoking?
The children paraded around on the front of the line are human-trafficked and they don't even belong to the person in charge of them. Women are loaded down with extra birth control due to all the rape going on from those in this caravan.

What part of our government controls and profits from human trafficking? We really need to find the answer to and fix for this violation of human rights and decency.

The Democrats are behind this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I voted for Trump because he is not a Peace Prize winner who Destroyed Libya, tried to depose Syria's President, and used a Billion dollars worth of Cruise missiles resulting in 100s of innocents being killed.

I voted for Trump because Obama freed Terrorists from Gitmo who returned to the battlefield to kill us, our Allies, and Innocents, even after being told this would happen.

I voted for Trump because Obama would call Terrorists who killed Americans acts of "Work place violence" so he didn't upset his Islamic friends.

I voted for Trump over Hillary because she said she would continue Obama's violent crap and covering for Terrorists.
Creating jobs instead of mobs, electing ass kicking SCOTUSes, killing terrorists etc.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-19-2018 at 11:31 PM..

Old 10-20-2018, 05:12 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'm all those things and I voted against both Bush and Trump. I have nothing in common with a political party that is only interested in enriching corporations and giving tax breaks to the most wealthy Americans. Not sure why their working poor voters continue to carry their water.

Maybe they have figured out something that you haven't. I proudly own my vote for Trump. He was the best man for the job....and still is.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:02 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Which democrats support illegal immigration? I'm so damn sick of hearing that, I've been a Democrat all my life I abhor illegal immigration and so does everyone I know. What we disagree on is how to fix it. Most people on the left want employers who hire illegals sanctioned, with jail time if they are repeat offenders, and we want some way to allow long term immigrants who have not committed crimes to stay in this country. The magnet for illegals is employers who are itching to hire them, cut that off and you end probably 90% of illegal immigration.
Are you serious??!.

* There are democrat leaders and even Hillary herself who are publically advocating for open borders.
* It is democrats who have created all the sanctuary cities, protecting illegals and violent gang criminals from deportation and forbidding local police to cooperate with immigration officers or border patrol.
* it is democrats who are trying to abolish and shame ICE
* it is democrats making out that MS-13 are just victims
* It is democrats stopping e verify or voter ID.
* it is democrats stopping the wall being built —walls do work!
* it is democrats shaming republicans for separating illegal children as a deterrent, when Obama did the same thing only more so in 2014 he had 20,000 illegal children separated and put in foster homes.
* democrats in CA are using millions of taxpayer money to hire lawyers to defend illegals from deportation.
* democrats in CA are allowing illegals to vote in local elections.
* democrats in many states are giving Illegals drivers licenses
* etc etc etc etc

Old 10-20-2018, 06:16 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
I am very thankful for ICE. They have a tough job to do and they are tough. Not everybody could handle the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Which democrats support illegal immigration? I'm so damn sick of hearing that, I've been a Democrat all my life I abhor illegal immigration and so does everyone I know. What we disagree on is how to fix it. Most people on the left want employers who hire illegals sanctioned, with jail time if they are repeat offenders, and we want some way to allow long term immigrants(illegals) who have not committed crimes to stay in this country. The magnet for illegals is employers who are itching to hire them, cut that off and you end probably 90% of illegal immigration.
Red lettering is my insert.
If they are here illegally this is illegal immigration as opposed to long term immigrants who came through the legal process. You contradict yourself saying that you are not a Democrat for illegal immigration yet you want employers imprisoned and the illegals to be allowed to stay(not having committed crimes does not make them legal).

Old 10-20-2018, 06:33 AM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Join a union then. Republicans hate unions because they look out for the middle class. Republicans look out for the rich first
Things have objectively gotten better under Trump. I don't know why anyone would vote against their best interests by voting Democrat. Their ideas just don't work and we have 8 years of Obama to look at if there is any doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies