Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 07:33 AM

391 posts, read 158,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Do you know how silly that sounds?
To an NPC yes I am sure it does sound silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 08:01 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Are you serious??!.

* There are democrat leaders and even Hillary herself who are publically advocating for open borders.
* It is democrats who have created all the sanctuary cities, protecting illegals and violent gang criminals from deportation and forbidding local police to cooperate with immigration officers or border patrol.
* it is democrats who are trying to abolish and shame ICE
* it is democrats making out that MS-13 are just victims
* It is democrats stopping e verify or voter ID.
* it is democrats stopping the wall being built —walls do work!
* it is democrats shaming republicans for separating illegal children as a deterrent, when Obama did the same thing only more so in 2014 he had 20,000 illegal children separated and put in foster homes.
* democrats in CA are using millions of taxpayer money to hire lawyers to defend illegals from deportation.
* democrats in CA are allowing illegals to vote in local elections.
* democrats in many states are giving Illegals drivers licenses
* etc etc etc etc
That is absolute nonsense.

I won't respond to all of it because much of it is just made up stuff, but as far as Democrats stopping the wall from being built, stopping e-verify, voter ID - how can that be? except for voter ID those are federal issues and Republicans hold the Presidency and both houses. Republicans don't want e-verify because 50-70% of farm workers are undocumented and they don't want to lose the votes of all of those farmers here's a statement from one of those fine law and order conservatives who you adore:

"The bottom line is I do have to represent the farmers and agriculture in my district, and E-Verify sounds good and all, but there's got to be some security for these growers and these ranchers that they're going to be able to have the labor to keep their businesses going," Rep. Tom Rooney, a Republican from Florida, told CNN" https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/polit...ent/index.html

Obama only detained unaccompanied minors, those are almost always older teens, there's a big difference between that and detaining a 10 month old baby and then not keeping track of where the baby is.

Local elections are not the same as federal elections. San Francisco allows non-citizens to vote only in school board elections, maybe because their kids attend the same schools as citizens and they think that all parents should have a say in who sits on the school board. If you don't like it, don't move to San Francisco but it is not an "illegal voting issue"

12 states including California offer Driver's licenses to non-citizens, those licenses are only good for driving they do not prove identity for things like boarding airplanes. It's a common sense measure that allows for those people to buy insurance when they drive, something they can't do without a license http://www.ncsl.org/research/immigra...mmigrants.aspx

Old 10-20-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
What happened Odium, did you get banned from Twiter and come here?

https://nypost.com/2018/10/18/twitte...ling-campaign/

PS trolling is prohibited here too

Old 10-20-2018, 08:10 AM

391 posts, read 158,798 times
Quote:
What happened Odium, did you get banned from Twiter and come here?

https://nypost.com/2018/10/18/twitte...ling-campaign/

PS trolling is prohibited here too
Nope I have Twitter and FB as well. Don't use Twitter much...kind of boring.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I am very thankful for ICE. They have a tough job to do and they are tough. Not everybody could handle the job. Red lettering is my insert.
If they are here illegally this is illegal immigration as opposed to long term immigrants who came through the legal process. You contradict yourself saying that you are not a Democrat for illegal immigration yet you want employers imprisoned and the illegals to be allowed to stay(not having committed crimes does not make them legal).
meh..not so much, ICE is mostly a bunch of Police Academy washouts and thugs. They have trouble attracting good help because the pay sucks and so does the job. There is no hypocrisy in discussing the reality of what to do about people who have lived here 20 years and have citizen children and grandchildren. No one is going to round millions of them up and kick them out of the US so in my opinion it's time to figure out a way to acknowledge their presence. Yes I want employers sent to jail or prison if they knowingly hire an illegal for the second time because fines mean nothing to Tyson, Cargill or Armor. People do not cross the border for our beaches, they have their own, they come here to work and there are always employers ready and willing to hire them. I have watched this BS since the 70's and nothing has been done to stop it.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:18 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
I am old enough to remember when we were told that if we don't pass NAFTA, we can never get control of illegal immigration. All those facotries down there will get them jobs and they won't want to come up north.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Maybe they have figured out something that you haven't. I proudly own my vote for Trump. He was the best man for the job....and still is.
Well, yeah, if you are all about enlarging the swamp and helping the 1% - he sure is.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:23 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post

The NPCs can't help themselves.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:28 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
That is absolute nonsense.

I won't respond to all of it because much of it is just made up stuff, but as far as Democrats stopping the wall from being built, stopping e-verify, voter ID - how can that be? except for voter ID those are federal issues and Republicans hold the Presidency and both houses. Republicans don't want e-verify because 50-70% of farm workers are undocumented and they don't want to lose the votes of all of those farmers here's a statement from one of those fine law and order conservatives who you adore:

"The bottom line is I do have to represent the farmers and agriculture in my district, and E-Verify sounds good and all, but there's got to be some security for these growers and these ranchers that they're going to be able to have the labor to keep their businesses going," Rep. Tom Rooney, a Republican from Florida, told CNN" https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/polit...ent/index.html

Obama only detained unaccompanied minors, those are almost always older teens, there's a big difference between that and detaining a 10 month old baby and then not keeping track of where the baby is.

Local elections are not the same as federal elections. San Francisco allows non-citizens to vote only in school board elections, maybe because their kids attend the same schools as citizens and they think that all parents should have a say in who sits on the school board. If you don't like it, don't move to San Francisco but it is not an "illegal voting issue"

12 states including California offer Driver's licenses to non-citizens, those licenses are only good for driving they do not prove identity for things like boarding airplanes. It's a common sense measure that allows for those people to buy insurance when they drive, something they can't do without a license http://www.ncsl.org/research/immigra...mmigrants.aspx
wow--what an apologist for the filthy dems.

Quote:
12 states including California offer Driver's licenses to non-citizens, those licenses are only good for driving
Way to legitimize the illegal aliens by giving them something they should NOT have since they are not supposed to be here in the first place.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:05 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I guarantee you this. The sight of the mob on local news tonight overrunning fences and trampling border guards on their way to our souther border is not what Dems want to hear 3 weeks out.

Fleeing what they hate, carry the flag of the nation that let them down?????
If that isn't an invasion of Mexico, what is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies