Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 06:53 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times

Advertisements

ANY one but Trump. Having lived in NJ we already know Trump is a crook.

Trump is saying a vote for the GOP is a vote for him. So ANY one but Trump.

That's the message even being heard in Upstate NY. Family there voting against some guy Faso or Fasio because he wants to be Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 06:44 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
ANY one but Trump. Having lived in NJ we already know Trump is a crook.

Trump is saying a vote for the GOP is a vote for him. So ANY one but Trump.

That's the message even being heard in Upstate NY. Family there voting against some guy Faso or Fasio because he wants to be Trump.
And that is the ignorance I can't deal with. Menendez is a HORRIBLE candidate, so to turn a blind eye to that is just as unacceptable as some of the things Trump does. People need to examine the third party candidates more closely and at least understand their positions.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:02 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Half the country hates Trump, and probably about 55% of NJ hates Trump.

In the same way right wingers will vote for anyone who "ain't no damn lib-u-ral", people are voting emotionally against Trump. I find it ridiculous that every ad for a national race has to have the Dem proclaiming that they are fighting Trump, but this is the environment we are in.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:27 AM

702 posts, read 540,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Half the country hates Trump, and probably about 55% of NJ hates Trump.

In the same way right wingers will vote for anyone who "ain't no damn lib-u-ral", people are voting emotionally against Trump. I find it ridiculous that every ad for a national race has to have the Dem proclaiming that they are fighting Trump, but this is the environment we are in.

Emotionally? Seems pretty rational to me to vote against an administration if you don't agree with how they are governing.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:41 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Hugin is a former head of one of the most crony corporations in one of the most crony corrupt industries.

Hugin or Menendez.

Would you rather be scourged or flayed?

One of the reasons I LOATHE both parties.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Hugin is a former head of one of the most crony corporations in one of the most crony corrupt industries.

Hugin or Menendez.

Would you rather be scourged or flayed?

One of the reasons I LOATHE both parties.
And exactly why I'll vote 3rd party. There is no excuse to vote for the "lesser of two evils" because you still get evil. I also believe that the continued lesser of two evil voting trend only gives us worse candidates each time around because the bar is continually lowered. Something needs to change, and I refuse to waste a vote on either of those two unworthy candidates as I don't see how they have done anything to deserve my vote.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:09 AM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
New Jersey voters correctly perceive that any vote in support of a Republican senator will strengthen Trump's administration. We have the wonderful choice of either doing that or voting for a deeply corrupt incumbent.

I'll be voting for Menendez, but I won't enjoy doing it at all.
Yep, this is the same way ignorant people voted for trump against Hillary, voting emotionally, so naturally NJ people that dont like trump will make sure that they are voting Democrat regardless who it is. Unfortunately most people dont want to do the research to find the better candidate, but its better than voting republican for now. There isnt even a republican out there to vote for that will do anything for the people. This will tide us over until next election and hopefully NJ people will do better research then, and maybe go independent. By then we will be out of the trump "Ether".

Old 10-23-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The reality is that a vote for anyone but Menendez is a vote for Trump.
So they change my Sabrin vote to Trump after I pull the lever? Thats odd.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:21 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb NJ Midterms and Uneducated Voters

So, Pubs have some hope in NJ.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:25 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
Emotionally? Seems pretty rational to me to vote against an administration if you don't agree with how they are governing.
It's perfectly rational.

Doubtless there's a lot of "the devil you know" decision-making going on in NJ and elsewhere across the country.
More incumbents get re-elected for that reason alone than any other.

Until we have term-limits for Congress, such is life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies