Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2018, 03:51 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Yeah, that Maxine, encouraging folks to snitch Mitch McConnell's doggy bag. Sure is just as bad as trying to take out former presidents and public servants by assassinations.
Of course you'd use the least violent example.

What this man did is nuts, awful and terrifying to the people that came in contact with the packages.

But, more people have been actually injured by the left (baseball practice shooting, beatings at Trump rallies, Antifa riots) than by the right.

Average citizens being attacked for their political views is FAR worse than what this lunatic did.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:55 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Trump does bring out the worst in people. No matter what side you're on.
And, he enjoys doing it. Absolutely loves it. Only problem is the country is being torn to pieces. That fact doesn't bother him. It's all about him.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:55 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,796,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
If I wanted to create "both sides narrative" I could bring up the attempted murder of congressman Steve Scalise, shot by a deranged Democrat. You can try though to dismiss the ricin terrorism by ignoring it and letting it slip out of memory (what the MSM is doing).
The difference between Scalise and this would-be bomber is not one one Democratic congressperson or candidate berated or called out Scalise on anything. No lock him up, no fake news, no Scalise sucks, nothing. However, Trump has mocked and castigated just about every one of the Dems and CNN that the bombs were sent to. This guy even used the statement "CNN Sucks" that is promoted at Trump rallies. See the difference?

Old 10-26-2018, 03:56 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
So the bomber is a nutty Trump supporter apparently, but could easily have been a nutty anti Trumper. Either way some people are blaming Trump for all this , especially the Dems . The same people and officials who’ve been attacking and vilifying conservatives for two years or more. We’re in for some interesting times ahead as weak links on both sides flip out and start acting out . Well Maxine Waters, you got your wish. You wanted people to draw a crowd and push back, but you didn’t realize who else might be listening and push back on you.

Native Americans for Trump!

Old 10-26-2018, 03:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
"Par for the coarse", indeed, thanks for the unintentional humor.

What you take to be Antifa looks like the Presidential seal to me.

You right. It was still grainy, full screen.

They had a good close up of it.
It looks to be a custom made wrap skin.
It is not a bunch of bumper stickers, looks brand new and not sun faded at all in the Florida heat.
Having that on a vehicle here in Austin, and your van is not going to look perfect for long.
In Broward Co? A Trump Van without damage?

They say this guys internet profile starts in 2015. Nothing before that.
He has a very long rap sheet.

I was wrong, It was professional looking Trump crap, to the extreme.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:00 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He's a nutcase. So?

Has nothing to do with Trump and 10s of millions of his supporters. If you are saying otherwise, then you are indeed doing what I said.

So I ask you. Is Trump and his 10s of millions of supporters responsible? A simple yes or no will suffice.

no

Old 10-26-2018, 04:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Native Americans for Trump!
They were so bent out of shape over the pipeline... What happened? He must have made them all a good deal.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:02 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,359,835 times
I think this week's events are an opportunity for all of us to look in the mirror and reconsider the way we communicate our political opinions. There is a difference between healthy debate between people who disagree passionately and demeaning those whose beliefs do not coincide with our own. Calling for violence against others, even in a joking manner, is never acceptable.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:03 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The big question now is will Trump tone it down. Stop praising Republicans who body slam journalists. Stop offering to pay the legal bills of Trumpies who beat people up. Stop boasting about wanting to punch a protester in the face. Etc., etc., etc. My guess is that he will get worse, being a totally unhinged psychopath.
I don't think so, it isn't in him. He has to be himself. The script that he read is as good as it will get.

He is already complaining about the bomb stuff.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-com...153154312.html

Old 10-26-2018, 04:06 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,796,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Of course you'd use the least violent example.

What this man did is nuts, awful and terrifying to the people that came in contact with the packages.

But, more people have been actually injured by the left (baseball practice shooting, beatings at Trump rallies, Antifa riots) than by the right.

Average citizens being attacked for their political views is FAR worse than what this lunatic did.
You mean like these beatings at a Trump rally?
https://www.sfgate.com/aboutsfgate/a...n-11029327.php

The baseball practice shooting I addressed in another post. Trumps has repeatedly mocked and called out or called for violence against Obama, Hillary, Booker, Clapper, CNN, CNN bus running over Clinton, lock her up, applauding the body slamming of a journalist, etc. No Dem Congressperson called for violence against Scalise. See the difference?

You mean these kinds of antifa protests?
https://www.npr.org/2018/07/01/62509...sh-in-portland

I'm not supporting violence of any kind, antifa, or otherwise. I'm just saying to state that more people have been injured on the left than on the right is not accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies