Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2018, 11:58 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,096,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Will he set a more appropriate tone at the top going forward or fall back to his comfort zone?
I always enjoy your posts.

I really hope after this, Donald is able to somehow tone it down some. Wishful thinking, but I hope his senior aides and people like Mattis and Kelley can convince him to stop with the negativity. Or at the very least scale it back.

Insulting people he disagrees with does not "Make America Great Again," it just divides us.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:58 AM

39,106 posts, read 51,313,080 times
Quote:
Trump's rhetoric is inappropriate. His base eats it up which encourages him to continue it.

Having said this, Trump is no more as responsible for this nutter's reaction than is Bernie responsible for the guy who shot Salice.

Unlike Bernie, Trump is POTUS. He words/ tweets have intended and unintended consequences.

Will he set a more appropriate tone at the top going forward or fall back to his comfort zone?
Bernie did not go around saying the kind of things Trump does. His rhetoric is not inappropriate and had he won the presidency he would not be going around the country praising people who body slam reporters or calling the free press an enemy of the people.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:59 AM

20,886 posts, read 9,585,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So NBC was wrong yet again.

It wasn't Russians. It was some nutcase in Florida.

Here We Go–> NBC’s Chuck Todd: I Fear Russians Behind Mail Bomb Packages
So the conservatives were wrong again.

It wasn't an Antifa liberal wearing a beret. It was a Trump-loving nutcase in Florida.

15,713 posts, read 9,548,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm not saying anyone else is responsible per se. I'm saying democrats have been the most antagonistic.
This is exactly what you typed.
Quote:
Trump, republicans, conservatives aren't responsible for what unbalanced people do. If anyone else but the suspect is responsible, it's the targets of the fake bombs and the Democrats antagonizing republicans.
You literally said the people who got the bombs were at least somewhat responsible for having bombs sent to them. But that's not the most offensive thing you wrote
Quote:
So I guess I was right again. It turned out to be a misguided, unbalanced patriotic person .
I hope you put your van in the garage with all the anti-Democratic messages on them. You frankly frighten and disgust me. There is nothing patriotic about this man.

18,069 posts, read 18,852,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
In many states once you have done your time and have served your probation, you are eligible to vote again.
Not in Florida.

52,700 posts, read 34,636,021 times
Quote:
There seems to be confusion with Cesar Sayoc vs Cesar Altieri.
he goes by both, supposedly. full name Cesar Altieri Sayoc.

13,778 posts, read 9,678,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Context. Put it in context. I have no problem whatsoever with he has said because for the most part it is campaigning and in response to being provoked. Trump doesn't lay down and that is a positive for me. Then again I've been called deplorable. I understand what is happening and am prepared.
As far as the deplorable side of things, the Trumpiacs are living up to the moniker pretty faithfully.
Every day in every way.

20,868 posts, read 23,590,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. NBC said it was the Russians. Now we know it was a nutcase in Florida.

Here We Go–> NBC’s Chuck Todd: I Fear Russians Behind Mail Bomb Packages

The MSM #hoaxbomb is over.
According to the Secret Service it was not a hoax. Are you calling them liars?

Face the facts, one of your own is at fault here.

29,575 posts, read 14,725,408 times
We are getting so much false information, most of it from social media. I have seen two pictures stating his name and other details from some "database" , both the same picture but one shows that he was a registered Democrat circled in red, then the same picture with the words written across it "5 minutes later" showing that he was a registered Republican.

So for the moment, anything we see on social media has to be suspect, and I'm willing to bet the news channels in their never ending quest to have the first "scoop" on the subject are falling for the same things.

16,956 posts, read 16,780,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The Trumper-bomber had pictures of several other people on his van with targets over their faces. There may be more bombs on the way.
Yup, maybe in the last 48 hours, he mailed bombs that will explode...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies