Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2018, 07:25 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
People can think for themselves, given the evidence presented to them.
Countering evidence is always helpful, to sway an effective prosecutor
Truth can only anger the guilty and they sure hate it.
Can you expand on and clarify this statement?

What "countering evidence" are you referring to, and are you using "countering" as an adjective or verb? Your sentence's meaning changes, depending on that. What "effective prosecutor"? Are you referring to the Sayoc case or something/someone else?

Old 10-27-2018, 07:30 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
One thing that doesn't smell right to me is that, although this guy is guilty, I wonder if he was capable of doing all of this alone ? He doesn't seem like a rocket scientist, and it took some work, research, planning, and execution to get this fairly complex job done.

It looks like he was sometimes living in his mothers condo and sometimes in his van. Where did he have the space to construct those bombs. The tubing needed cut, there was powder to put inside, wires to run, a battery to make it detonate, etc. That would take a work bench or at least a secure place to do all of that work. And then he needed packaging and a label maker to create those shipping labels, and a computer to research addresses, etc.

I just wonder how he would bring that pvc tubing in, cut it into 6 inch pieces, and do the rest of that work without someone noticing...…...and how would he do that if he was in his van ? I guess he could be a lone wolf, but it would take some doing.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I know. It's amazing all of this is out, everything is known about this guy. Pictures of the van going back months. People expecting me to believe this van has been around in public for a year and not even vandalized once when we have seen Trump supporters be punched in the face by Antifa whack jobs. But, yet, we never had this much detail with Las Vegas shooting, Sandy Hook or the terrorist training camp going on in New Mexico. This is literally a text book case of pushing a false narrative and enforcing public opinion. And people should be scared of something like this. These power hungry people control the media and all of the social networks and have many law enforcement, FBI and the CIA on their payroll. What's stopping these people from setting up one of us to take the fall for the next political hit?
All the signage they are showing that looks so perfect, is a custom skin wrap. Those are not perfectly aligned bumper stickers.

Nothing on the right side of that van, looks like any bumper sticker I have seen, which isn't many. Because they would have been peeled off by an offended tolerant liberal.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:33 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,537,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not taking sides on this one, just wish we would know what this is all about and his true motive so close to the election. That is all I am saying. Like many, at first I did think it was a left wing set up to get attention: they when he was captured yesterday, I thought: HOLY S__T he is a right wing nut. Now I am totally confused until we learn move which I am sure will not happen. Regardless, no one was hurt thank God and the guy in behind bars. That is the most important part of all this; not who is responsible for it.
“To see what is at the end of one’s nose needs a constant struggle.”

George Orwell, right as always.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:35 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
All the signage they are showing that looks so perfect, is a custom skin wrap. Those are not perfectly aligned bumper stickers.

Nothing on the right side of that van, looks like any bumper sticker I have seen, which isn't many. Because they would have been peeled off by an offended tolerant liberal.
We just laugh at trump stickers. Now we should remember they could be a potential terrorist.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:37 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times
A lunatic did something crazy. Until there is evidence of anything else there is no reason ( oops, I forgot-some think there is) to create all this hysteria.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:49 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:

It's said that many of the more outrageous memes that Sayoc's van sported as stickers or signs first turned up online on social media, notably Facebook - courtesy of Russian trolls. They seem to have originated from that infamous troll factory in St. Petersburg or one of its fellow-sites.

Many of these stickers/signs are very extreme, especially those showing trigger-hairs over the faces of Trump opponents, and are unlikely to have been sold at Trump rallies, I would think. He got them somewhere else, probably online.

Other signs were handmade, most likely by Sayoc - the ones dealing with Seminole Indians and soccer, his other interests. But the political signs look more professional. I am sure the FBI is tracking down the origins of all of these signs, stickers, etc. That's going to take a while, considering there appeared to be several hundred signs on that van.

I think most "offended liberals" would have viewed that crazytown van askance and given it wide berth, rather than attempting to remove those things. Common sense is your friend, and conjecturing and projecting stuff like this isn't helpful when we have no idea if any of the signs were removed previously or if so, by whom.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:52 AM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
One thing that doesn't smell right to me is that, although this guy is guilty, I wonder if he was capable of doing all of this alone ? He doesn't seem like a rocket scientist, and it took some work, research, planning, and execution to get this fairly complex job done.

It looks like he was sometimes living in his mothers condo and sometimes in his van. Where did he have the space to construct those bombs. The tubing needed cut, there was powder to put inside, wires to run, a battery to make it detonate, etc. That would take a work bench or at least a secure place to do all of that work. And then he needed packaging and a label maker to create those shipping labels, and a computer to research addresses, etc.

I just wonder how he would bring that pvc tubing in, cut it into 6 inch pieces, and do the rest of that work without someone noticing...…...and how would he do that if he was in his van ? I guess he could be a lone wolf, but it would take some doing.
I also wondered if he acted alone, seems like a lot of work putting together a dozen bombs and then making mail runs. If he mailed them from the same post office I would hope that a clerk would question all these packages being mailed to politicians but maybe he used several different PO.

The FBI will be able to trace who else had access to his van and house through DNA and fingerprints.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:55 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Hate of the media is something that Trump alone has created this fervor over. He is solely responsible for that. .
Wrong.
Trump just capitalized on much of America’s hate and disgust for the media. Trump did not create the hate for the media. The MSM has become hyper partisan, corrupt, and EXTREMELY biased left.
Their approval rating was in the tank well before Trump’s campaign.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:57 AM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

All that could easily be done in a van. PVC tubing can be cut with a simple hack saw or hand cutter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies