Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did the "bombing" case change your vote?
Yes,I was going to vote GOP,now I will vote democrat 9 4.29%
Yes,I was going to vote Democrat not will vote GOP 7 3.33%
No,I was going to vote GOP and I will still vote GOP 136 64.76%
No,I was going to vote democrat and I will still vote democrat 58 27.62%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 09:26 AM

21,427 posts, read 7,497,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
DeSantis is a tool AND a fool. He performed HORRIBLY in the debates - has spent way too much time speaking at events held by white nationalists and simply has nothing to offer.

At least Gillum believes in climate change and hopefully will take some action to stem the red tide which is causing so much havoc and putting fishermen out of business.
Excellent post.

Florida is the most vulnerable state to climate change in a multitude of ways. The state is not well served by the Republican party, which has evolved (it didn't start out this way) into climate change deniers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 09:33 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,295,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Excellent post.

Florida is the most vulnerable state to climate change in a multitude of ways. The state is not well served by the Republican party, which has evolved (it didn't start out this way) into climate change deniers.
you actually think Gullum, a governor, or Democrats in control will change anything about how the planet behaves?

This is how arrogant and clueless the Democrats are. They think they can control how the planet behaves by raising taxes and selling out to globalists.

yeah, Vote democrat so fishermen can catch more fish.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:39 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,861,709 times
No, going to vote Dem for everything this year in my area and statewide election and in Senate races.

Going to also vote Dem for everything in 2020 unless there is a nutty Democrat.

Will note I voted in the GOP primaries here in Ohio, mostly to ensure we wouldn't have a nutty TP or alt-right candidate elected to run against the Dems. I'd be okay with the GOP gubernatorial candidate winning in Ohio as he's not an a$$hole - but I mostly don't want him to win due to him being too anti-abortion and not being concerned enough about our environmental issues, but I don't personally view him poorly. I did vote for him in the primary over his challenger - who IMO was a Trump nut.

I'm not comfortable really with the GOP today and especially not with the president. May even volunteer to assist in turning Ohio back blue for 2020 if I have time.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:59 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,117,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you actually think Gullum, a governor, or Democrats in control will change anything about how the planet behaves?

This is how arrogant and clueless the Democrats are. They think they can control how the planet behaves by raising taxes and selling out to globalists.

yeah, Vote democrat so fishermen can catch more fish.

Right? Gillum isn't GOD...

The left has become an embarrassment.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Will note I voted in the GOP primaries here in Ohio, mostly to ensure we wouldn't have a nutty TP or alt-right candidate elected to run against the Dems. I'd be okay with the GOP gubernatorial candidate winning in Ohio as he's not an a$$hole - but I mostly don't want him to win due to him being too anti-abortion and not being concerned enough about our environmental issues, but I don't personally view him poorly. I did vote for him in the primary over his challenger - who IMO was a Trump nut.

I'm not comfortable really with the GOP today and especially not with the president. May even volunteer to assist in turning Ohio back blue for 2020 if I have time.

cut the drama. When have you been o.k. with the GOP ever? the GOP has been a pro-life party before Reagan was President. Every time there is a Republican President the hysteria from the left goes to another level.

so you want to turn Ohio blue so they can sell out more the working class in your state to bad trade deals, globalism, and open borders? all so you can have your unlimited abortions paid by the government? LOL

are you another liberal that thinks a President, a governor or a state can control how the planet behaves? you think by raising taxes and selling out to globalists that somehow that is going to control how the planet behaves? the arrogance or ignorance, take your pick.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:04 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,861,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
cut the drama. When have you been o.k. with the GOP ever? the GOP has been a pro-life party before Reagan was President. Every time there is a Republican President the hysteria from the left goes to another level.

so you want to turn Ohio blue so they can sell out more the working class in your state to bad trade deals, globalism, and open borders? all so you can have your unlimited abortions paid by the government? LOL

are you another liberal that thinks a President, a governor or a state can control how the planet behaves? you think by raising taxes and selling out to globalists that somehow that is going to control how the planet behaves? the arrogance or ignorance, take your pick.

I actually got more pro-choice after the birth of my first child in the early 2000s. I did so because I experienced pregnancy and now do not believe that anyone should force a woman to endure pregnancy if she doesn't want to. IMO abortion should be available until the age of viability and even after that for the life of the mother or if the fetus is disabled or terminally ill. As a woman, I trust women to make their own decisions. When I was younger, I was more focused on "the baby" but I became a woman and a mother and I now realize, through maturation, that being a mother impacts an entire family, a pregnancy impacts an entire family, and especially the course of the woman who is pregnant and so I'm not for any sort of bills that would make a fetal heartbeat the definition of "life." Our GOP gubernatorial candidate has said that he would sign a "heartbeat bill." Our current GOP governor (Kasich) he didn't sign this bill even though he is also very anti-abortion. I voted for Kasich in our last election. I also didn't/don't like that he did not focus enough on environmental issues in regards to our waterways and Lake Erie here in Ohio, but he did focus on it after 2014 when the area I live in (NW OH) could not drink our water for 2 days that summer due to environmental pollution of Lake Erie (which contrary to what you seem to know - is something that can be remedied with regulations regarding the use of specific fertizers and with funding and direction from the federal government to address sewage runoff into the Maumee River and others in Ohio that effect the health of Lake Erie). I believe that both he and DeWine (current GOP candidate) are now focused on the fact that this is an important issue for our state. I'd rather they be more proactive but I can overlook them taking a long time to reach the right conclusion. For DeWine, I cannot vote for him knowing he'd consider signing the heartbeat bill. Abortion services has been drastically reduced in Ohio since Kasich came into office and I was willing to overlook that, which is why I voted for him previously. I also voted for our current GOP Senator last time (Portman) but I wouldn't vote for Portman again. I think he is rather spineless now as he is too party centric. Kasich is not. Even DeWine is not. I don't like anyone who always follows the party line.

I want Ohio to turn blue to get rid of Trump, plain and simple. We're doing fine in Ohio. I'm not "for" open borders and I'm not for every trade deal that the Dems support. The Dem candidate for governor right now is also not for NAFTA, the TPP, etc. Not all Democrats meet your stereotypical views of them.

I'm an independent. I chose which party to support every election and I actually vote in EVERY election, even the ones in September with only 2 "issues" on the ballot. As a result I know that party isn't everything - it is the leaders in charge and the people in the positions. Portman, IMO is a pushover and I'd like to see him go in 2020. Sherrod Brown (incumbent Dem Senator currently running) is not afraid to stand against typical liberal ideas that are not good for our state and so I have some respect for him moreso than Portman in that regard. DeWine, as stated has toyed with the idea of the "heartbeat bill" and I will not vote for him because of his toyance with said bill - if he were not so staunchly anti-abortion - I'd honestly consider voting for him over Cordray, but I'm going with Cordray this time around.

Note, in Ohio, I'm a registered republican at the moment. I voted in the GOP primary and I voted GOP for governor and Senator in the last election (but didn't vote for Trump).

Unlike you, I don't see either party as angelic. But right now, I feel the GOP is worse for this state and the nation at large than the Democrats and so I'm going with the Democrats for the next 4 years at least. I may vote GOP or independent though in our local elections in my area. We always have a lot of good candidates from across the political spectrum and so I don't feel the need to be as pigeonholed here as I did when I lived down south where nearly every Republican was a tea party nut.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

I want Ohio to turn blue to get rid of Trump, plain and simple. We're doing fine in Ohio. I'm not "for" open borders and I'm not for every trade deal that the Dems support. The Dem candidate for governor right now is also not for NAFTA, the TPP, etc. Not all Democrats meet your stereotypical views of them.

I'm an independent. I chose which party to support every election and I actually vote in EVERY election, even the ones in September with only 2 "issues" on the ballot. As a result I know that party isn't everything - it is the leaders in charge and the people in the positions. Portman, IMO is a pushover and I'd like to see him go in 2020. Sherrod Brown (incumbent Dem Senator currently running) is not afraid to stand against typical liberal ideas that are not good for our state and so I have some respect for him moreso than Portman in that regard. DeWine, as stated has toyed with the idea of the "heartbeat bill" and I will not vote for him because of his toyance with said bill - if he were not so staunchly anti-abortion - I'd honestly consider voting for him over Cordray, but I'm going with Cordray this time around.

Note, in Ohio, I'm a registered republican at the moment. I voted in the GOP primary and I voted GOP for governor and Senator in the last election (but didn't vote for Trump).

Unlike you, I don't see either party as angelic. But right now, I feel the GOP is worse for this state and the nation at large than the Democrats and so I'm going with the Democrats for the next 4 years at least. I may vote GOP or independent though in our local elections in my area. We always have a lot of good candidates from across the political spectrum and so I don't feel the need to be as pigeonholed here as I did when I lived down south where nearly every Republican was a tea party nut.

1) So your hatred for Trump you are willing to put the Democrats back in power to screw more the working class in your state with open borders and bad trade deals. Obama said in 2008 that he was against NAFTA and other trade deals. He won and he actually doubled down on NAFTA by supporting TPP.....so if you want to keep believing Democrats that they are not globalists and are for the working class then keep giving them your vote.

2) Trump has been in the WH less than 2 years. I can't see anything he has done badly for you to give the Democrats control after they had years in control.

3) Abortion is still legal and if you think that Trump will outlaw abortion then you have been drinking the left hysteria propaganda. The economy is doing good and we are not in new wars..........so why the hate against Trump? at least he is keeping his campaign promises, unlike previous Presidents.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:29 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,724,101 times
Look at the charts - the spread on Trump continues to enlarge.

Before the Bombs and the Shooting it was headed in the other direction as things usually tighten up prior to an election. Now the trend is strongly in the opposite direction. Just reporting fact here - no predictions!

Current = 10.5% spread (dislike over like).
Oct 28 = 9.5% spread (smaller difference).
Oct 6 = 9.6% spread (smaller diff from before that).

There are probably a few days to go before the PITT thing works more against him (IMHO, anyway).

His net approval is the worst of any POTUS in recorded (relatively recent - since IKE) history:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

In comparison, he has 4 to 6X the net disapproval of Obama at this point in (depending on the day you measure).

That takes some doing.

The real Trumpies aren't going to be swayed. He has that 40% locked up and he could approve of killing anyone or everyone and he'd still have 30%. But it is the independents and the more reasonable Republicans who sometimes think "enough is enough".

Old 10-29-2018, 11:31 AM

6,061 posts, read 2,023,209 times
Why would anyone change their vote based on the actions of a lone nut who was likely mentally ill? If it's an organized effort by one side or the other, then it's something to consider. Lone nut, no.

I hear left-wingers crowing that the bomber was a Trump supporter, and right-wingers crowing that the Synagogue shooter hated Trump. To me it is entirely irrelevant in either case. People need to stop and think things through.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:38 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,421,268 times
Quote:
Did the "bombing" case make you change your vote?
Hell no !!! I voted across the Board DEMOCRAT, before the Idiot decided to kill ALL democrats between him and the Fool on The Hill !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies