Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 09:40 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
"Blexit" sounds horrible, and is unclear. I saw the title and was trying to think of what EU country it was referring to. "Bl-?"

Please choose a different term for the meme.

Per article above, they are being sued as well fro using Blexit as it is the name of another organization lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I have to admit, as a black voter I was intrigued by Trump initially. Here was a billionaire who refused to accept corporate donations while Hilary was basically grabbing her ankles for every corporate cent she could get. Maybe, just maybe here was a guy who truly would not be beholden to corporate America and actually drain the swamp???

Fast forward 10 months later...countless Goldman Sachs guys, big oil guys, Rick Freaking Perry (I live in Texas, VERY familiar with that guy, not the sharpest knife in the drawer)...countless members of his cabinet either fired, resigning under a cloud, investigated for embezzlement, you name it. I think it's safe to say that he has NOT drained the swamp. If you are being honest. Now most politicians are corrupt. I have no doubt that Hilary would have her share of scandals, but she never campaigned on draining the swamp, she was what she was, which is why I guess it's disappointing to me that Trump fell through on that promise. Oh well. C'est la vie.

As far as this Blexit movement...I don't see it. And Im fiscally conservative but socially moderate...and I just cannot bring myself to vote Republican. It's crazy because I align with them on more issues than I do Democrats, but the racial aspect cannot be denied. For whatever reason, the Republican Party has always attracted the racist segment...they have really become more vocal now with Trump, whether you look at the dominance of the alt right with Breitbart, Bannon, etc. No way do I want anything to do with those scum buckets, yet my distaste for Hilary meant that I chose to sit out the 2016 election.

I've said this frequently, I don't think the Republicans realize that they really could snatch up a substantial portion of the black vote. There are many like me who don't roll with Al Sharpton/Nancy Pelosi etc, but value self respect and integrity so will not vote for racist aholes either. Lower taxes isn't worth sacrificing your dignity.

I don't know if Trump is a racist himself, it wouldn't surprise me either way, but I think he really blew the chance to seriously reach out to the black community, not by parading clowns like Kanye but doing real dialogue and outreach. Instead he says crap like the Charlottesville 'good on both sides' speech which lets black voters like me know where we stand. Another opportunity lost.

Great post I bet the OP and others will overlook and it goes back to what I stated to BentBow, see bold. And BentBow, who kept asking "what have you got to lose?" in regards to this thread - this poster stated what we have to lose - our dignity.

There are a lot of conservative black people but race and racism from a black perspective is a political issue for black people. And we are not going to ignore it in large numbers or act like racism isn't racism just so you white conservatives can feel all hunky dory. We either will not join your party, like the poster above and even myself, or we will join and will steer the topic towards black issues from a black perspective. If you truly let in some "real" black people who aren't celebrities like Kanye or who aren't trying to make a buck by aligning with some ridiculous racial stereotypes/propaganda like Candace Owens, then you will have to look at the issue of race within the party and especially in regards to the lack of policy initiatives about racism and race based discrimination in this country. If you don't, you will never have a large amount of black party supporters or members.

On the pink for this poster I wonder if you will sit out 2020? I know a lot of people who are similar to you, and I am similar as well but I live in a battleground state and so I did hold my nose and vote for Hillary. However, I live near Detroit and I know a LOT of black Detroiters who didn't vote in 2016 and who now wish they did because of how chaotic Trump's administration is and the fact that they ignore racials discrimination and seem to encourage it with Trump's rhetoric. They have actually stated they will come out in force in 2020. People fail to realize that Hillary lost Michigan by less than 12000 votes. Eighty percent of Detroits 700k persons are black democrats and if all of them come out in 2020, whoever is the Dem candidate will win that state and it will take Trump out of the picture. I don't think he will win in MI in 2020. I also don't think he will win in PA or WI like he did in 2016 because too many people just don't like him. It is not about his policies, it is about him making us go backwards in regards to his rhetoric about race/discrimination.

I know a lot of white moderates who also don't like it and feel embarrassed by it so I just don't see him getting the same level of support now that everyone knows what he's about. He also is over 70 years old. We need some new blood basically who don't have the baggage racially of our older generations.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:09 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I have to admit, as a black voter I was intrigued by Trump initially. Here was a billionaire who refused to accept corporate donations while Hilary was basically grabbing her ankles for every corporate cent she could get. Maybe, just maybe here was a guy who truly would not be beholden to corporate America and actually drain the swamp???

Fast forward 10 months later...countless Goldman Sachs guys, big oil guys, Rick Freaking Perry (I live in Texas, VERY familiar with that guy, not the sharpest knife in the drawer)...countless members of his cabinet either fired, resigning under a cloud, investigated for embezzlement, you name it. I think it's safe to say that he has NOT drained the swamp. If you are being honest. Now most politicians are corrupt. I have no doubt that Hilary would have her share of scandals, but she never campaigned on draining the swamp, she was what she was, which is why I guess it's disappointing to me that Trump fell through on that promise. Oh well. C'est la vie.

As far as this Blexit movement...I don't see it. And Im fiscally conservative but socially moderate...and I just cannot bring myself to vote Republican. It's crazy because I align with them on more issues than I do Democrats, but the racial aspect cannot be denied. For whatever reason, the Republican Party has always attracted the racist segment...they have really become more vocal now with Trump, whether you look at the dominance of the alt right with Breitbart, Bannon, etc. No way do I want anything to do with those scum buckets, yet my distaste for Hilary meant that I chose to sit out the 2016 election.

I've said this frequently, I don't think the Republicans realize that they really could snatch up a substantial portion of the black vote. There are many like me who don't roll with Al Sharpton/Nancy Pelosi etc, but value self respect and integrity so will not vote for racist aholes either. Lower taxes isn't worth sacrificing your dignity.

I don't know if Trump is a racist himself, it wouldn't surprise me either way, but I think he really blew the chance to seriously reach out to the black community, not by parading clowns like Kanye but doing real dialogue and outreach. Instead he says crap like the Charlottesville 'good on both sides' speech which lets black voters like me know where we stand. Another opportunity lost.
You. I like you.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:15 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is going viral!
Yeah, sure.

Did you know that in the BBC's early days, the announcers weren't allowed to call anyone "famous" on air? Anyone actually famous would be known to the listener already. Anyone who needed to be called famous probably wasn't.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:50 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,011,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Read my post. Maybe you need a stronger prescription. I told you the article had a screenshot from Rasmussen. I don't know how to search the Rasmussen site for previous poll results. Otherwise I would have posted the link to the original page. I can read Loonies like a book and knew someone would moan "Oh, it's Bretibart..."

I would never quote Rachel Madcow if I wanted facts. She always sounds as if she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Reminds me of one of those teacup chihuahuas.

You might learn something by watching Sean Hannity. Obama was obsessed with him because Hannity exposed him as a fraud. He even told his followers to 'tear him up.' Inciting violence!
Horrible reply yet... You think I'll learn stuff by watching literally a state run show with Hannity.. And you think I'm on meds? The average age of the Hannity show and Fox viewer is well into their 70s anymore.. Those are the people on meds.. I'm in my 30's yet and on nothing.. But continue thinking you are so right about everything and watching cable tv news hours a day.. Its a waste of life.. I'm working to pay for your social security and medicare which I'll probably not get in 30 years thanks to your generation

Old 11-01-2018, 01:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
FYI - Kanye has come out and said he no longer supports Trump and that Trump and politicians were using him and he's only going to focus on his art.

He also stated that Candace Owens lied and that he did not design the "blexit" shirts/fashions - he referred her to someone, they wouldn't let her use their name and she used him name and lied about it (this was on TMZ).

This has been a funny topic on black media in the past few days. People said that his sales of his new release is low and people aren't interested in seeing him in concert so he is losing money.

A good point was made as well - that all these conservatives who are so "inspired" by him don't know anything about his music and you all aren't going to go buy tickets to see him perform. That's true.

It's funny to me that he flipped so quick and I wonder if you'll all support him now. He stated the main reason he's not supporting Trump anymore is because he disagrees with Trump's wanting to end birthright citizenship lol.

Total BS!

Old 11-01-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yeah, sure.

Did you know that in the BBC's early days, the announcers weren't allowed to call anyone "famous" on air? Anyone actually famous would be known to the listener already. Anyone who needed to be called famous probably wasn't.
You're talking about it.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Total BS!

What is BS about it lol?

You must not have been following the news recently, nor seen Kanye's tweets. See posts above.

I and the other black posters kept telling you Kanye would flip. He's always changing his mind about things - that's what makes him Kanye lol. If you really knew anything about him, you'd not have placed much value on his political shenanigans of late. Only thing it has done is shrunk his fan base. I doubt you know any of his songs either lol. So you're not going to go to any of his concerts.

FYI one of my favorite versuses from one of his songs:
Quote:

I say f**k the police, that's how I treat em
We buy our way out of jail, but we can't buy freedom
We'll buy a lot of clothes when we don't really need em
Things we buy to cover up what's inside
Cause they make us hate ourself and love they wealth
That's why shortys hollering "where the ballas' at?"
Drug dealer buy Jordans, crackhead buy crack
And a white man get paid off of all of that

Back when he had more sense about him. Us fans, we miss old Kanye. He wasn't based on a political party and didn't align himself with any president (spoke ill of GW Bush and Obama) and was just himself.

I hope he gets back to that.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
What is BS about it
You said:
Quote:
FYI - Kanye has come out and said he no longer supports Trump

That is BS

Old 11-01-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
You said:

That is BS

LOL - you keep believing that then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies