Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2018, 01:46 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,594,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
He will follow through. He's proven time and time again that he follows through with what he promises when he's not blocked by Congress. If there is one thing you can't accuse Trump of doing is not following through on campaign promises and this issue was brought up originally when he was running for President.
I will prove to you he does not follow through

ACA killed first day in office how did that work out??

Special prosecutor to go after Hilary still no word on this

Mexico is still not paying for the wall that 70% of Americans do not want

Where is the amazing health care plan for all

What about lower drug prices??

Trump could sell a Yugo like it is a $100k car and his sheep would believe it 500% they fall for all his other B S

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You people are just straight up ****ed up. Their parents were LEGAL immigrants.
The Constitution does not speak about the immigration status of the parents, or if they are tourists, it speaks about birthright citizenship.

There is a way to amend the Constitution, and it's not called an Executive Order.

I believe in, and respect the Constitution, while yo don't.

42,868 posts, read 26,387,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I think it's fair to conclude that most Americans don't agree with allowing illegal immigrants who have babies on US soil to allow that child to automatically be granted citizenship.
It was not the intention of the 14th amendment either. Deal with it.
Deal with this:

2017 Mellman - CAC Poll 75% support birthright citizenship, 62% strongly support it. https://www.theusconstitution.org/wp...itizenship.pdf

2016 First Focus Poll Two-thirds of voters (67 percent) support maintaining the Constitutional right to birthright citizenship for all children born in the United States. New York voters are the most supportive of this policy, with 81 percent of respondents in favor. Twenty-two percent of overall respondents were opposed to birthright citizenship. https://firstfocus.org/news/press-re...grant-children

2015 Pew 60% oppose ending birthright citizenship http://www.pewresearch.org/wp-conten...on-Release.pdf

2017 NBC/WSJ poll Overall, 65 percent of Americans say the U.S. should continue to grant automatic citizenship, while 30 percent disagree. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/fir...ose-it-n803371

Old 10-30-2018, 01:48 PM

21,981 posts, read 9,569,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Bingo.

Trump is going to win over a lot of voters with this move.

And he's going to force a lot of Democrats to take a public stand on whether they support the illegals over Americans or not.
I think they have already proven who they support.

Old 10-30-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
no, he will just motivate some of them to turn off Fox long enough and go out and vote. No one else even believes this nonsense, it's very much like him promising a 10% middle class tax cut would be passed while congress is in recess...and some folks just swallow the bait every time, no matter how idiotic his latest claim is.
You mean like 'If you like your doctor, you can KEEP your doctor'?

Old 10-30-2018, 01:49 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,091,750 times
Something needs to be done regarding this issue. I’ll bet half or more of the women in the ever looming caravan are pregnant and that’s why they’re trying so hard to get here. All they need to do is drop that baby on US soil and they’re set for life. This anchor baby situation must end.

Old 10-30-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wrong! The DACAs have merely been given a temporary stay of deportation they are still here illegally.
And wasn't THAT an EO? You know, the Obama said he couldn't do but did anyway?

Old 10-30-2018, 01:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 22 days ago)

35,707 posts, read 18,065,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Something needs to be done regarding this issue. I’ll bet half or more of the women in the ever looming caravan are pregnant and that’s why they’re trying so hard to get here. All they need to do is drop that baby on US soil and they’re set for life. This anchor baby situation must end.
Do you live in the US? And do you consider yourself to be "set for life"?

Old 10-30-2018, 01:55 PM

17,403 posts, read 12,002,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Hmmm.....you say they were immigrants, and had babies in US, and the babies were granted birthright citizenship.

Please explain why they should be granted anything just because they were both here? This is the right Trump is trying to cancel. Coming to think of it, one could argue that with Trumps new constitution, no one should be granted citizenship by birth.

PS Ted Cruz father didn't even become a Canadian citizen until 1973. Later he applied for ASYLUM in US.
PPS - Ted Cruz's mother was a US citizen.

Old 10-30-2018, 01:57 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,599,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao..The only ones jettisoning originalism are you and the Leftists here that refuse to read and understand what the man who WROTE the damn amendment had to say about it.
Really? I quoted what the delegates said about it. I actually read the debate. They said that anyone born in the United States in a geographical area subject to United States civil and criminal law and its enforcement by the judiciary would become a citizen. Sen. Howard, who wrote the amendment, confirmed that "jurisdiction" meant "coextensive in all respects with the constitutional power of the United States, whether exercised by Congress, by the executive or the judicial department." Illegal aliens most certainly fall under that umbrella, as they are subject to laws exercised by Congress, by the executive, and by the judicial department.

I even quoted the part where they expressed concern over foreigners and aliens becoming citizens but decided not to change it further to address that issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies