Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2018, 10:04 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times

Advertisements

Not a debate about Trump and a executive order, whether that is valid. The question is if it was put to a vote in congress who would oppose it?

Russian women do birth vacations in Miami, central Americans cross the border to give birth, Chinese enter to give birth. End it all for all of them fair enough?

Old 11-01-2018, 10:05 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
Imagine being angry about having to pay for childrens' education in a country that spends $700 billion a year on its military. What a diseased soul.
Grow up. I dont go around handing out all of my money to poor people on the street either, and unless you do, you are a hypocrite in addition to being childish.

You dont pay enough to really care. I get it. Why dont you start paying some real taxes, and then see how you feel about paying for people who have no right to be here?

Old 11-01-2018, 10:06 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
End it all for all of them fair enough?
Of course.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:06 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nonsense. Dozens of countries have Jus Soil laws.

Depends on the specific criteria one uses.......

High -- >.80 -- HDI Countries (with unrestricted Jus Soli):

United States
Canada
Argentina
Uruguay
Chile

World Bank High Income Economies/Countries (with unrestricted Jus Soli):

United States
Canada
Argentina
Uruguay
Chile
Barbados
Antigua and Barbuda
Panama

High Income OECD Countries (with unrestricted Jus Soli):

United States
Canada
Chile

OECD Development Assistance Committee Member Countries (with unrestricted Jus Soli):

United States
Canada

IMF Advanced Economies/Countries (with unrestricted Jus Soli):

United States
Canada
Bermuda

Permanent Paris Club Member Countries (with unrestricted Jus Soli):

United States
Canada

^^^^^ Those are all of the categories/groupings listed in the 'Developed Countries' Wikipedia article.

The only two countries with unrestricted Jus Soli that are included in every category are the United States and Canada.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:07 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Sure, some people were turned back from Ellis island before being admitted into the US. It is still happening at ports of entry every day.
Babies born on Ellis Island to alien mothers/parents were deported. Ellis Island is under US jurisdiction. That in and of itself totally contradicts your misunderstanding of the 14th Amendment.

The Federal Government bought Ellis Island for $10,000 in 1808. Its immigration facility opened in 1892. It's been under US jurisdiction for over 200 years. Babies born there to alien parents were either classified as aliens themselves, or deported. They were NOT granted automatic 14th Amendment US citizenship.

Last edited by InformedConsent; 11-01-2018 at 10:16 AM..

Old 11-01-2018, 10:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It absolutely changes it....

Sorry you have a comprehension problem of the constitution...
It does not change it, not to mention the fact that your quote was not even from the Constitution.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:10 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Babies born on Ellis Island to alien mothers/parents were deported. Ellis Island is under US jurisdiction. That in and of itself totally contradicts your misunderstanding of the 14th Amendment.
It was a port of entry. A port of entry is a place where people are screened and either admitted into the US, or turned back. Some were admitted, and some were turned back with their babies.

Once a person is admitted into the US, they are protected by the US laws, not before.

Why is this so complicated for you?

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Grow up. I dont go around handing out all of my money to poor people on the street either, and unless you do, you are a hypocrite in addition to being childish.

You dont pay enough to really care. I get it. Why dont you start paying some real taxes, and then see how you feel about paying for people who have no right to be here?
What economic difference does it make to you if the person attending school is the child of a poor illegal immigrant or a poor legal immigrant? If the illegal immigrant family was replaced by a legal immigrant family with the same makeup, your tax burden - and the school district's budget - remains unchanged.

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
It doesn't change it. I am sorry you have a hard time accepting the Constitution as it was written, but there is a way to amend it.

Executive Order is not that way.

I think there would be much support for the amendment (if done via proper channels) from both sides if the aisle.

"Executive Order is not that way. "

Then why did Obama sign MORE then any previous president in history?

You DO KNOW DACA WAS an EXECUTIVE ORDER.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:11 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
It does not change it, not to mention the fact that your quote was not even from the Constitution.

It does and I never said it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies