Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 06:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Well that sounds terrifying. They're in an assisted living home because they need assistance for every day living. And we're going to trust them to fire a gun in the correct situation and in the correct direction?
You don't lose your rights when you get old, no matter where you choose to live.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:49 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Legal in MS and confirmed by the Attorney General in case some gun control sheriff decides otherwise. Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says - Mississippi Business Journal

Old 10-31-2018, 06:55 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
My polling place is a local community center. There are no metal detectors and no signs indicating guns are prohibited. Still, I think I'll leave my piece under the seat of my car as long as I can park where I can see it. Ordinarily I try to never leave my piece in the car.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
My polling place is a local community center. There are no metal detectors and no signs indicating guns are prohibited. Still, I think I'll leave my piece under the seat of my car as long as I can park where I can see it. Ordinarily I try to never leave my piece in the car.
For those rare occasions like going to the post office, I have a lockbox in each vehicle.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:31 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
For those rare occasions like going to the post office, I have a lockbox in each vehicle.
Good idea. Also separating the ammo from the piece. On rare occasions where I have to leave the piece in the car (visit to courthouse, etc.) I carry a small .22 revolver with a removable cylinder. And stash that separately from the piece. I never forget the killing of Kate Steinle in San Francisco by an illegal immigrant who had obtained a 9 mil by breaking into a car parked on the street. The car was owned by a Bureau of Land Management agent who had left his loaded 9 mil in a backpack under a seat in his SUV while he went into a restaurant for dinner with his family. His carelessness and stupidity cost a young woman her life.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:33 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You don't lose your rights when you get old, no matter where you choose to live.

Seems in the world of trump you do if you're native American or were born here and your parents weren't.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Seems in the world of trump you do if you're native American or were born here and your parents weren't.
No matter who you are, your natural rights are protected by you alone.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:52 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
To answer the O.P. By law you cannot carry a firearm in a polling place whether or not you have a concealed weapons permit. EDIT........ In the state of Florida. States have their own laws as to this.
too bad the bad guys do not subscribe to that law.

the only people not carrying will be those who subscribe to the law. that leaves a whole bunch to do as they please and makes such proclamations as 'gun free zones' a sad joke as well as providing a, 'shoot here' sign for some wack job.

the democrats and media have been nurturing hate and fear where there is none and so have shaken the cobwebs from extremists and closet nutjobs on both sides and in the middle.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:52 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Are voting booths/polling stations gun-free zones?

They are in Texas.

Probably varies by state, though.

Old 10-31-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Good idea. Also separating the ammo from the piece. On rare occasions where I have to leave the piece in the car (visit to courthouse, etc.) I carry a small .22 revolver with a removable cylinder. And stash that separately from the piece. I never forget the killing of Kate Steinle in San Francisco by an illegal immigrant who had obtained a 9 mil by breaking into a car parked on the street. The car was owned by a Bureau of Land Management agent who had left his loaded 9 mil in a backpack under a seat in his SUV while he went into a restaurant for dinner with his family. His carelessness and stupidity cost a young woman her life.
I'm not going to unload and then reload/rechamber every time I store my gun. I try to limit handling it when I am in the car which is not an ideal location. Adding additional steps each time not something I want to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies