Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2018, 04:13 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Yes, but I agree with Trump that if you enter the country illegally and then pop in to an asylum office requesting asylum you are automatically disqualified. Ask at the port of entry. If you have to stand in line with the 4000 people with you TFB.
But it's legal to do that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 06:57 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Yes, but I agree with Trump that if you enter the country illegally and then pop in to an asylum office requesting asylum you are automatically disqualified. Ask at the port of entry. If you have to stand in line with the 4000 people with you TFB.
Its a simple be ingenious idea. If you are a legit seeker. You would have no problem but to walk in to the Border Patrol office and claim it. All others must be disqualified!

Old 11-02-2018, 07:01 AM

4,251 posts, read 3,170,586 times
Having been directly and significantly impacted by the actions of illegals.....yes I will not vote for anyone who supports them!

Old 11-02-2018, 07:02 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
I'm voting red because I can't support unAmerican Fascist liars and criminals (Leftists/Democrats).

Old 11-02-2018, 07:03 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No it really isn't. The law states they have to do it at a point of entry BEFORE they cross over.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:04 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I'm voting red because I can't support unAmerican Fascist liars and criminals (Leftists/Democrats).
I dont get how the left thinks they can look intelligent when they have Nancy Peolosi leading them. Its laughable when she gets on a mic. She belongs in a retirement facility.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:06 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,086 times
The American Communist radicalized leftists simply want more votes in a larger voting block for power purposes. They want to turn America into a third world country... They're willing to do anything as long as it doesn't take them from Power. The American radicalize leftist commies would disgustingly rather help illegal immigrants from foreign countries instead of our own American homeless people and homeless veterans on the streets. The American Communist radicalized leftists are disgusting imo. you ever notice subsidized apt complexes Across America are full of illegal immigrants?? Is social services disgusting organizations put them in housing before our own homeless citizens. what about all the American citizen homeless people in Seattle and LA and New York? Why don't they get into these subsidized apartment complexes??????

Old 11-02-2018, 07:09 AM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
If you can explain why Texas doesn't do e-verify then I will listen. Until then all this stuff falls on plugged ears.

I was taught to lead by example. Texas IS the border. It has vast numbers of working illegals. The Government can do ANYTHING there, being as it is deep red.

Why? Make it good and I'll consider it. As it stands this is what I see. Democrats and Reasonable Republicans and Independents want serious LAW - Comprehensive Immigration Reform. The GOP has...out loud....stopped any semblance of this from happening. Why?

One cannot complain about things unless they are prepared to take the actions needed to mitigate them. Words are easy......I can say I am for and against a lot of things. But the actions in Texas or Iowa and plenty of other GOP states says they like illegal labor.
Why would I be able to explain why Texas is one of the 30 states that dont require e verify. All of the states that do are red with the exception of Nebraska. I'm sure your ears will stay plugged regardless.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:33 AM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Couldn't find them in qazillion links but here are the top countries we GRANT asylum from:

The latest Yearbook (as of early 2018) was for 2016. And the top ten countries whose citizens were granted asylum in the U.S. included (from most to least):

China
El Salvador
Guatemala
Honduras
Mexico
India
Nepal
Ethiopia
Somalia
Eritrea

The reason I brought it up is because a poster said those countries have nothing to run from.... and my point is..... the government obviously disagrees.
The government would be the individual immigration judges, their acceptance rates vary greatly by geographic location.

Asylum seekers from Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala and Hondurus also have the highest rejection rates, 88%, 79%, 74% and 78% respectively.

It does not appear to me that the number granted asylum is any reflection of great actual need for asylum for the masses of any particular country as it would be the number of applicants, access to representation and individual judges personal and political views.

https://www.wola.org/analysis/fact-s...sylum-seekers/

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/03/world...ity/index.html

Old 11-02-2018, 07:34 AM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,778,252 times
Quote:

Trump's EO will correct this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies