Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2018, 07:03 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I’m not the OP, but I’ll throw in a response to your post because illegal immigration has caused all three bolded areas to suffer in this country.

Healthcare and costs are hugely impacted by illegal immigration. I watched two hospitals in NM near the border go bankrupt because of all the illegals coming across the border to deliver their babies and never pay.
Try to visit any hospital’s ER, and you’ll quickly see the impact.

Our education system has been hugely impacted by illegal immigration. One quarter of the students in my local elementary school this year don’t speak English our county has had a huge increase in illegals the past five years and we went from a high rated school to almost the bottom now. CA was the highest rated state in the country and now after the enormous influx of millions of illegals, they are almost at the bottom.

Jobs and wages have been hugely impacted by illegals. Look at any construction type job these days, and the vast majority of workers are Hispanic immigrants, many illegal. Contractors can’t hire only American workers anymore because they can’t compete on bids with the low wages given to illegals.
If Republicans were serious about immigration, e- Verify would have been mandatory for all employers a long, long time ago. For crying out loud, neither Texas or Florida made it a state law. Why is this? You can’t blame Democrats.

Seems to me people want the benefits of cheap labor and then turn around and blame government for the consequences.

Impose serious consequences on anyone employing undocumented labor. Seize their assets. Strip their licenses. Shut them down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 07:08 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Most white conservatives are terrified of foreigners. They could care less about building a society that works for all. All they care about is maintaining whites as the de facto privileged caste in the USA.
LOL... the libs are so stupid they fall for this line of crap. But then again they were dumb enough to vote for Hillary. What stupid fools they are.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:11 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
LOL... the libs are so stupid they fall for this line of crap. But then again they were dumb enough to vote for Hillary. What stupid fools they are.
Then exactly what ARE you afraid of...?

Old 11-01-2018, 07:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Texas has been yapping for MANY years and refuses to do e-verify. Once again, you buy the con that "he has it in his budget"....which will happen as soon as he balances the budget (a promise) and pays down the debt (he promised to start" and when he gives health care to everyone...and much better (doing the opposite).

What a coincidence that an IOWA GOP BIGWIG hired that murderer of the young college woman. He and his friends probably have thousands working for them. Yep - must be coincidence that the meat-packing, farm and other related industries use vast amounts of illegals...and are GOP owned and run (Tyson foods is one of the largest GOP contributors).

THIS is why even Texas - with plenty of money and plenty of votes - won't do e-verify. You certainly cannot believe the excuse of "they have been waiting a decade or more until Trump got elected and put it in the federal budget"....or can you?
What ever happened to that business owner, I wonder? Likely nothing so Trump can still blame Democrats for all the crap he can't get done.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:12 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
If Republicans were serious about immigration, e- Verify would have been mandatory for all employers a long, long time ago. For crying out loud, neither Texas or Florida made it a state law. Why is this? You can’t blame Democrats.

Seems to me people want the benefits of cheap labor and then turn around and blame government for the consequences.

Impose serious consequences on anyone employing undocumented labor. Seize their assets. Strip their licenses. Shut them down.
Without that cheap labor, Rick Perry wouldn't have been able to claim the "minimum wage miracles" in Texas as the recession waned.

It's even worse than you say. Texas has the largest uninsured population in the USA. Guess who pays for that? I do. Guess why I pay more for that? Because:

1. They want as many illegals as possible and want to give them less than what they cost us.
2. They refuse to do e-verify

Texas was a slave state and still is, in a sense. Only this time they want the rest of us to pay for their slaves.
A guess these days would be 2 million in Texas - of course, most who are adults are WORKING. Is anyone here suggesting that Texas has 2 million extra "Americans" ready to clean hotel rooms and install roofs when the temperature is 101?

I've heard Texans brag about how big of a house you can buy cheap....wonder who did all the work on those houses?

Old 11-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 6 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,603,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Buy a dictionary! An invasion is an unwanted, uninvited intrusion. It doesn't have to be an armed one nor does it have to overthrow our government to be one.
Sovereignty (Merriam-Webster Online)
1. obsolete : supreme excellence or an example of it
2a. : supreme power especially over a body politic
b: freedom from external control : autonomy
c: controlling influence
3: one that is sovereign
especially : an autonomous state

Sure looks like my use of the word conforms with the M-W definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal aliens are economic terrorists and since most of them are from south of our border they are committing demographic genocide whether it's intended or not. Add thousands and thousand trying to claim asylum here from the same group and you do actually have a recipe for a takeover intended or not especially since they are reproducing like rabbits on our soil. Stop being so naïve!
Terrorist? "Buy a dictionary!" back at you.
Terrorism (Merriam-Webster Online)

the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

Cross-reference with Terror (Merriam-Webster Online)

4: violent or destructive acts (such as bombing) committed by groups in order to intimidate a population or government into granting their demands

Unfortunately, "terrorism" is still a little vague around the edges. So I'll add to that "done for the purpose of making a social or political statement" (from 9/11 to the Boston Marathon bombers to Dylann Roof).

Your use of the word certainly doesn't conform to the M-W definition. In fact, your use of "terrorism" is frankly hysterical. If you still disagree, then quarrel with the M-W staff about this one, not with me.

"Demographic genocide"? I don't see illegal immigrants systematically forcing whites to have babies exclusively with non-whites. I certainly don't see Washington, DC forcing white people to do the same. Nor do I see ethnic minorities in "majority minority" areas murdering, raping, and enslaving white non-Hispanics (my family's from a majority-minority area and they're still very much alive and kicking, and I'm white-non-Hispanic. If anybody on this board should be screaming about this, it should be me. Yet if you scour my entire posting history, you won't find one peep from me about it. I wonder why.)

OR, maybe the New World Order has some Star Trek technology that controls my brain into remembering and perceiving that there IS such a genocide going on but can't remember it.
(or if you're not a Star Trek fan, maybe the old childrens-teen Science Fiction series Tripods).

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Its absolutely a violation of our sovereignty because the leftists have forced us to spend our money to service and support these criminal INVADERS and SQUATTERS.

Illegals suck...they're all thieves.
STILL not an effort to overthrow the duly elected government of the USA, or to use old-ancient school terminology, not even overthrow the duly elected dogcatcher. As I said above, neither squatting nor spending money on social services (on criminals or not) is not an attempt to conquer the USA.

As for thieves suck, I agree. Which is why Trump's ripoffs, tax evasions, etc (just for openers) negate his moral standing as a national leader. BTW, Trump's separation of children from parents comes closer to qualifying for genocide than mere "squatting". Child-parent separation is listed under the 1948 conventions as a criteria for genocide. I'm not saying that is an actual genocide attempt - just saying that Trump's actions come closer to qualifying for it.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:15 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I voted blue because all I see are red commies trying to take over our country since they have a pro red commie as President. Not to mention all the illegal crap red commies are doing to stay in power.
Another out of touch with reality liberal. The only "commies" in the US are liberals and democrats. I'm sure you vote blue regardless of who the candidate is or what their positions are.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:20 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What ever happened to that business owner, I wonder? Likely nothing so Trump can still blame Democrats for all the crap he can't get done.
I promise you he is stumping for Trump as we speak......

If Top IOWA GOP officials, farmers and industries used e-verify.....or even common sense (this guy was known to be an illegal for years...how many others?), the girl would be alive.

One thing about the Republicans is consistency. They never get ANYTHING good done. GWB got wars and a great recession and then the Patriot Act. McConnell made sure not a thing could get done for much of the 8 years under Obama - and now, with full Republican control, they have a POTUS with an attention span of about 3 minutes and McConnell still doesn't want to do real work.

I think most Americans don't approve of this. Decades go by and the problems are not addressed.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:25 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,758,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Most white conservatives are terrified of foreigners. They could care less about building a society that works for all. All they care about is maintaining whites as the de facto privileged caste in the USA.
Most of the white conservatives that I know (and I know quite a few) are really not terrified of anything. They work hard, value family and community, and believe in God. They fix their own cars, grow a lot of their own food, and can handle a firearm.
They are far, far, more self sufficient than the average liberal city dweller.

Also it’s not “could care less”, it’s couldn’t care less.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:09 AM

9,467 posts, read 5,237,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It is legal to come and ask for asylum. You may not like it, but still, legal.
Yes, but I agree with Trump that if you enter the country illegally and then pop in to an asylum office requesting asylum you are automatically disqualified. Ask at the port of entry. If you have to stand in line with the 4000 people with you TFB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies