Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 07:34 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As usual, Trump supporters reply with mockery, but not facts.
As usual, liberals have no idea what a fact is. Come back when you learn the difference between opinion and fact - hint you won't figure it out watching CNN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 07:56 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
As usual, liberals have no idea what a fact is. Come back when you learn the difference between opinion and fact - hint you won't figure it out watching CNN.
It's called Google my friend.

Voter Suppression.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-vo...eatest-scandal
https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ession-713557/
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ession/565355/
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ats-fight-back

Gerrymandering.

https://www.businessinsider.com/part...mocrats-2017-6
https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ctions-121907/
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...fited-gop-2016

Old 11-02-2018, 08:15 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Complete idiocy. Who is it acting exactly like fascists? Liberals. Who is it doing everything they can to suppress free speech? Liberals. Who is it attacking opposing politicians? Liberals.

He's right there is a huge fundamental difference between Democrats and Republicans but like most liberals he's to blinded by partisanship to see what it really is.
Who is it that is supressing free speech? Trump
Who is attacking opposing politicians ? Trump
He doesnt discriminate.
He is a bi partisan dictator.
He attacks his " own guys ", as does Suadi Arabiia, as does North Korea, as did Stalin.

Trump declared the media, that is the US citizens access to the activities of their elected officials, an ENEMY of the PEOPLE. NO it is HIS enemy. Light continues to be cast up in him and he doesn't like being exposed.
He s a criminal.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:18 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Who is it that is supressing free speech? Trump
Who is attacking opposing politicians ? Trump
He doesnt discriminate.
He is a bi partisan dictator.
He attacks his " own guys ", as does Suadi Arabiia, as does North Korea, as did Stalin.

Trump declared the media, that is the US citizens access to the activities of their elected officials, an ENEMY of the PEOPLE. NO it is HIS enemy. Light continues to be cast up in him and he doesn't like being exposed.
He s a criminal.
The media is the enemy of the people, or at least a large swath of the people. The media are Democrats with press badges.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:35 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Most Trump supporters, like Trump himself, do not understand facts. Or, as Trump's chief adviser Kelly Anne Conway has admitted, they use "alternative facts", which is a euphemism for living in their own private Idaho.

Thanks for the link, I will definitely listen to this. We both can see the fascism that is rearing its head under Trump.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:49 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, what are you providing yourself as far as facts is concern?

Old 11-03-2018, 01:59 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
I caught a little bit of this on television, Amy Goodman interviewing Allan Nairn, and thought I'd post it now instead of your waiting for me to delve into the whole thing.

Nairn, though not familiar to me, is an award-winning journalist who sounds to be a little in the mold of Nader, in the sense that he disdains politicians on both sides. However, unlike Nader, he's able to understand that sometimes it's crucial to go with what you may consider the lesser evil, for the short term. So he's been highly critical of Democrats, but now clearly sees the necessity of stopping the right-wing trends for the immediate future.

The site is good about including both video and a transcript.

The U.S. Is Facing Incipient Domestic Fascism, But Rightist Revolution Can Be Stopped
https://www.democracynow.org/2018/11...e_us_is_facing

...For years, I’ve been documenting how many of the senior Democrats are complicit in war crimes, how they belong in prison. But we are now in an emergency situation in which there is a huge, fundamental difference between the Democrats and the Republicans at this moment. The Republicans would abolish democracy.
Thanks. I saw Allan Nairn around 2000 speak at the Mayflower church in Oklahoma City on his violent experience and imprisonment from covering protests citizens in East Timor had made against their occupiers--Indonesia.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:00 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Lol, @fascism!

The hyperbolic left is juiced up today!
Was it too much of a bother to you to read the interesting article or see the video? If you love Sean Hannity, you missed what it said about him.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:20 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
There's no "would" about it. The Republicans (or what passes for members of that party today) are actively abolishing democracy, as fast as they can. I'm sure they realize their days in power are numbered if they don't succeed soon, so it's a vital race to get them tossed out of office, before they destroy our nation.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:01 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 15 hours ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Are you linking back to your own posts? LOL.
If it's relevant to the topic, I'll do what I please. I'm not on here to meet your personal expectations of what a post's content ought to be - any more than you're obligated to meet a "lefties" expectations of what ought to be in your own posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies