Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 09:33 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,559,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Explain why you think anyone is demanding equal outcome. Do you really have anything to support such a claim?
Ope0n your eyes occasionally and you wll see .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 09:38 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,283,325 times
Not equal results, equal opportunity.

Old 11-06-2018, 10:26 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,921,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
What on earth are you talking about?

Equal outcome? Who are you parroting today?
You're not very familiar with this poster?

Old 11-06-2018, 11:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,891,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Not equal results, equal opportunity.
Democrats always claim that unless there's equal or better outcome than whites', then it must be because of unequal opportunity.

Leftist claim everyone is the exactly the same so outcomes have to be equal if opportunity is equal.

But when it's pointed out that some non-white groups are doing better than whites, then they explain that's because they are better than whites.

So what leftist really believe is everyone should have better outcomes than whites.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:12 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,283,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Democrats always claim that unless there's equal or better outcome than whites', then it must be because of unequal opportunity.

Leftist claim everyone is the exactly the same so outcomes have to be equal if opportunity is equal.

But when it's pointed out that some non-white groups are doing better than whites, then they explain that's because they are better than whites.

So what leftist really believe is everyone should have better outcomes than whites.
That's crazy. You guys come up with this wacky stuff you say we think but it makes no sense. Do you ever consider the possibility that we just mean what we're saying? Some groups, including some white people, are at a disadvantage for some things. Some of those disadvantages are their own fault and they have live with it. Some are not and we should try to make those better.

How do we explain it if not simply that it's not fair? They're genetically inferior? Or what? It's clear from the results that growing up in an inner city ghetto puts you at a disadvantage. The things you have to do to survive in that environment as a child directly put you at a disadvantage in broader society as you grow older. Some people are of such high caliber that they work their way out of it. But these are exceptional people who would thrive anywhere. The majority of regular Joes are going to grow up similar to their parents. Like I did and i'm guessing you did too. By the Grace of God my parents, and hopefully yours too, were regular middle class Americans so it was easy for me to become one. It took some work on my part but not crazy work. And the people I grew up with are the same.

I want to recognize that they have difficult road ahead them and try to find a way to get them out of that scenario. So we don't have keep paying for them forever. I don't have any guaranteed answers, just a desire to try to help. At times, it seems to me, Republicans want to just give up on a large segments of our citizenry and cut them off and let them all starve. Isn't it a bit naive to think if you just cut them off, they'll magically create jobs and change their behavior to conform with what middle class America expects?

Everyone is NOT the same. Many of a lot people's problems are their own fault. Including some of mine. And I'm sure some of yours. People that loved me, helped me with them anyway.

Last edited by TKO; 11-07-2018 at 05:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies