Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 04:04 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
How do they get a search history?
You can find your own history on Google - and be amazed at just how much information they have kept on you from YouTube to gmail to searches. I have seen my own history, (there's a way to get it - not hard). I had to d/l it because it was so big...they went back years!

Twitter keeps everything that you've ever written, even things you delete. It may not be searchable on the internet, but they have it, even your private messages.

Facebook...I'm assuming, don't know for sure, does something similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 04:06 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
I think it is a great idea, but I bet half the members on here wouldn't pass.
More than half of them. They're too dense to grasp that once something is put on the Internet, it doesn't go away. Once this current abomination in Washington is thrown out, a very popular website will be one that reveals the true identities of the posters on forums like this. This will be especially useful in regards to those who are working from the Russian troll farm. It says something about a person's opinions, when they feel the need to hide behind a false identity.

Old 11-05-2018, 04:17 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
All politicians would be banned from ownership, you have to be crazy to run for office.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:42 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
More than half of them. They're too dense to grasp that once something is put on the Internet, it doesn't go away. Once this current abomination in Washington is thrown out, a very popular website will be one that reveals the true identities of the posters on forums like this. This will be especially useful in regards to those who are working from the Russian troll farm. It says something about a person's opinions, when they feel the need to hide behind a false identity.
Nazi Germany called.

It wants its M.O. back.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:47 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Great idea, long overdue. People need to be screened before being allowed to purchase a weapon.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:52 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Great idea, long overdue. People need to be screened before being allowed to purchase a weapon.
And there's no entity more qualified to screen out those who can/can't have weapons then the one that killed a half million Iraqi children in our lifetime.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:58 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And there's no entity more qualified to screen out those who can/can't have weapons then the one that killed a half million Iraqi children in our lifetime.

The same entity has allowed 50 million potential American children to be killed in my lifetime.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:59 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
huh. no first amendment issues with this one.

who will get to decide what is 'hate speech'? what if someone (honestly) states that they don't use social media- will they be believed?
Who in their right mind would post anything public under their real names?

Old 11-05-2018, 10:27 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Next step will be for jobs. Search history and social media history for jobs will be next in NYS.

The thing about this law is that, such ruling will be flawed. People don't realize that one can be a racist without using hate speech and still obtain a gun, while you have none racist, you have used hate speech against other people, even though they are not racist technically. My thing is this. The issue with these mass shoothers is not he guns, its mental health. NYS needs to do a better job with mental health and identifying mass shooters before its too late.
I doubt that, as social media is not THAT popular, plenty of people choose not to participate or have social media accounts, in order to do what you referred to, they would have to make social media participation mandatory for everyone...

Considering how dirty and corrupt the US is, I would not put such a thing past them, but it would take a long time to brainwash/condition the public to accept and go along with this, they will probably use safety/security, as a reason why everyone should have social media, that seems to fool most people today.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:38 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Yes, all those dead deer pictures on space book gonna get me on a watch list

Keep the jokes coming.

That database show the names of everyone getting an abortion too? If we are going Stalin style let's go all out right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies