Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 02:03 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Links are not going to be forthcoming. Just watch MSNBC, CNN, CBS, and Fox for 10 minutes a day for a week and it is obvious which is most biased.
FOX is most biased, but that was not the issue here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 02:07 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
So what high percentage of commonality do Europeans share? Please explain.

What genotype is common to all Europeans? Also Ashkenazi Jews and Gypsys are from Europe, have lots of European genetic ancestry, speak the same language and share the same culture as other Europeans, yet are considered non-white. Why?
Why? Well other than they have some Israelite or Hebrew ancestry, they choose to embrace that ethno-religious identity. It would be as if someone like me claiming I'm a Celt and choosing to identify with other Celts. It would just be pretty ethnocentric to do in my opinion.

Last edited by mtl1; 11-16-2018 at 02:17 PM..

Old 11-16-2018, 02:16 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Not a lot of difference but as it's sometimes called critical postmodern. Postmodernism is mostly a perception based vs objectivity base philosophical way of looking at society where as critical theory focuses on race and identity to criticize the culture with goal toward furthering marxism.
No Postmodernism is a loose collection of philosophers from the mid to late 20th century (mostly French) who generally opposed notions of meta-narratives. They hyper examined and deconstructed things such as language, notions of justice, concepts on what it means to be mentally ill and social order, and culture. Etc. Its not a system of beliefs or ideas but more a philosophical approach to understanding human culture.

Critical Theory started with the Neo-Marxist coming out of Germany in the 1930's and generally approached social and cultural issues within the framework of Marxist philosophy. They tended to be fierce critics of Postmodernism.

Its why when that Canadian fool Jordan Peterson talks about Postmodern Neo-Marxist its hilarious since a Postmodernist by its most core ideal would reject Marxism. And actual Marxist do not like Postmodernism.

So what I have been saying isn't part of the tradition of Critical Theory since their is no Marxist concepts in anything I am saying.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Why? Well other than they have some Israelite or Hebrew ancestry, they choose to embrace that ethno-religious identity. It would be someone like me claiming I'm a Celt and choose to identify with other Celts. It was just be pretty ethnocentric to do in my opinion.
So what percentage of Hebrew ancestry makes someone non-white? BTW a huge portion of White Western Europeans have some Jewish ancestry. Why aren't these people considered non-white? How come a non-religious french Speaking Jew isn't considered white, when they don't follow the religious identity at all. Also one ethnic groups can be part of various religions. Why can't Europeans Jews be considered White then?

Also your comparison to the Celts made no sense. Rewrite it so it makes actual sense.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
I don't get this argument at all. I'm a 72 year old retired white man who grew up with a single Mom. I went to a great public academic high school. Graduated from UCLA in '68 when tuition and books for a resident commuter living at home was $600 a year, which I earned working part time during the school year and full time in the summer, which also paid for my car, gas and an active social life.

Relocated to NYC in 1971 to get a decent paying job. Worked for the next 37 years, raised a family, retired with a decent pension and SS at the age of 62. Have medicare, suplemental health and prescription insurance and SS and have a comfortable retirement in my own paid for home. Drive a new car. Got pretty much what the American dream promised for a middle class person with no money or connections who had no desire to be rich or famous. I had bosses who were young, old, male, female, black, white. I never once felt they had a position that I should have had, or that I was disadvantaged being white, or a male.

Voted straight Democratic for the first time in years on Nov. 6. I think Jeffrey Dahmer could have been elected on the Democratic ticket this year. My first vote was for RFK in the California primary in '68 but voted for Nixon in '72 on his promise to end the war. Voted for Nader in 2000 and Bernie in the primary in 2016. Held my nose and voted for Hillary in 2016 but was glad she lost.

In my lifetime I have been discriminated against for being Italian, for being young, for not having work experience, for having been fired on a previous job, BUT NEVER FOR BEING A WHITE MALE.

Half the voters are Democrats. The majority of Democrats are white. Why would they blame white males for anything? It makes no sense.
The majority of Democrats are still white because whites are 70% of the electorate. But a majority of whites are not democrat. I agree it makes little sense why they blame whites but they do it to wrestle power to the left.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
No Postmodernism is a loose collection of philosophers from the mid to late 20th century (mostly French) who generally opposed notions of meta-narratives. They hyper examined and deconstructed things such as language, notions of justice, concepts on what it means to be mentally ill and social order, and culture. Etc. Its not a system of beliefs or ideas but more a philosophical approach to understanding human culture.

Critical Theory started with the Neo-Marxist coming out of Germany in the 1930's and generally approached social and cultural issues within the framework of Marxist philosophy. They tended to be fierce critics of Postmodernism.

Its why when that Canadian fool Jordan Peterson talks about Postmodern Neo-Marxist its hilarious since a Postmodernist by its most core ideal would reject Marxism. And actual Marxist do not like Postmodernism.

So what I have been saying isn't part of the tradition of Critical Theory since their is no Marxist concepts in anything I am saying.
I know about the origins but you are engaging in critical theory, critical postmodernism or whatever you want to call it. It's all anti-white and anti-American leftist garbage.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I know about the origins but you are engaging in critical theory, critical postmodernism or whatever you want to call it. It's all anti-white and anti-American leftist garbage.
Postmodernism isn't a leftist philosophy. It has no political association. If you knew what you were talking about you would understand that. You insult because you know you can't argue the concepts.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:31 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
I don't get this argument at all. I'm a 72 year old retired white man who grew up with a single Mom. I went to a great public academic high school. Graduated from UCLA in '68 when tuition and books for a resident commuter living at home was $600 a year, which I earned working part time during the school year and full time in the summer, which also paid for my car, gas and an active social life.

Relocated to NYC in 1971 to get a decent paying job. Worked for the next 37 years, raised a family, retired with a decent pension and SS at the age of 62. Have medicare, suplemental health and prescription insurance and SS and have a comfortable retirement in my own paid for home. Drive a new car. Got pretty much what the American dream promised for a middle class person with no money or connections who had no desire to be rich or famous. I had bosses who were young, old, male, female, black, white. I never once felt they had a position that I should have had, or that I was disadvantaged being white, or a male.

Voted straight Democratic for the first time in years on Nov. 6. I think Jeffrey Dahmer could have been elected on the Democratic ticket this year. My first vote was for RFK in the California primary in '68 but voted for Nixon in '72 on his promise to end the war. Voted for Nader in 2000 and Bernie in the primary in 2016. Held my nose and voted for Hillary in 2016 but was glad she lost.

In my lifetime I have been discriminated against for being Italian, for being young, for not having work experience, for having been fired on a previous job, BUT NEVER FOR BEING A WHITE MALE.

Half the voters are Democrats. The majority of Democrats are white. Why would they blame white males for anything? It makes no sense.
Fantastic post, that will convince none of these people, because they are being disingenuous in their claims.

The only thing white men are being countered on, is their ability to attack minorities. We have lost none of the power or advantages that we've always had, but there's push back when it comes to lynching minorities, gassing Jews, or banning Muslims and Mexicans.

These people fear that if they can not kill or remove enough of these minorities, that eventually white people will become the minority.

It's sad, and pathetic, but as the white majority keeps getting smaller, their attacks will only grow.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Fantastic post, that will convince none of these people, because they are being disingenuous in their claims.

The only thing white men are being countered on, is their ability to attack minorities. We have lost none of the power or advantages that we've always had, but there's push back when it comes to lynching minorities, gassing Jews, or banning Muslims and Mexicans.

These people fear that if they can not kill or remove enough of these minorities, that eventually white people will become the minority.

It's sad, and pathetic, but as the white majority keeps getting smaller, their attacks will only grow.
Essentially they think they are being persecuted because they aren't allowed to persecute others.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Postmodernism isn't a leftist philosophy. It has no political association. If you knew what you were talking about you would understand that. You insult because you know you can't argue the concepts.
Of course it is leftist and not conservative and traditional. It is entirely anti-conservative and anti-traditional. You will try to make any claim won't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies