Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 05:39 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It absolutely boggles me why Democrats would do this?

How is his personal tax returns going to help improve Americans lives?
...it keeps Trump crazy cuz he'll have a dozen scams/frauds to defend against and less time for evil planning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 05:42 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,587,391 times
Yesterday was a major victory for President Trump and for all Americans. The real prize is the SCOTUS, and Trump nailed down his next 2 or 3 nominations. Yes the Dims increased their hold on the House {shrug} and by 2020 you will see that the nut jobs you elected will be a huge (YUGE! ) liability. MAGA! Covfefe, baby.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:00 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:

Some people are just stuck in reverse. If there was anything at all illegal or questionable about Trump's tax returns, the IRS would have been on it like glue. It didn't happen.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:03 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trying to make yourself feel better this morning ? The reality is, while the Democrats didn't get a clean sweep, a LOT of them, who would have never had a chance under normal circumstances, are now heading to Washington and 7 of them are new Governors. They took back the House, and that is YUGE.

Trump said this election was about him, and he was right. More people turned out to vote than previous mid terms, and a whole lot of them were not hitting the R button on the voting machine. You can bet The Donald isn't jumping up and down, like you are pretending to do, right now. He got his tail handed to him "BIGLY".
You're such a dreamer and spinner. You're not fooling anyone at all.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:03 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:

The Democrats have nothing Americans want. No positive agenda to increase the quality of life, nor standard of living of Americans. They want open borders, climate change taxes, higher energy costs, higher taxes, more regulations, more spending, etc. Nothing most Americans want. All they have is "Trump is Bad!".

Let them waste their time chasing their tails.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:06 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
As a moderate, I am VERY happy with the election results. I am glad that the Democrats took the House, and I am also glad that the Republicans kept the Senate.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:09 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,955,645 times
Government should never be one sided. You need to have a variety of representatives from both sides to make it complete. I also think it’s time for some new young blood in government and get these old guys and gals out. I also want to be done with this two party system.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:16 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Democrats have nothing Americans want. No positive agenda to increase the quality of life, nor standard of living of Americans. They want open borders, climate change taxes, higher energy costs, higher taxes, more regulations, more spending, etc. Nothing most Americans want. All they have is "Trump is Bad!".

Let them waste their time chasing their tails.
Just a tad bit of mischaracterization there. Let me enlighten you.

Half (slightly more in fact) of us do want it. That negates you first sentence outright.

Positive agenda of trying to help people who need it including business. When the standard of life of the lowest among us is raised, everyone's is raised.

The majority of us DO NOT want open borders and recognize what a catastrophe that would be.

Climate change being dealt with as best we can, not ignoring good scientists when they tell us something we don't want to hear. We don't want to have to do expensive changes, why would we? We just recognize that it's no longer a choice.

Higher short term, free or close to it long term. Research on energy to get us there.

Higher taxes on the richest of us, like in the 50's so we can have a strong middle class again.

Regulations where needed. We recognize that capitalism results in companies looking out for their own best interest even if it's counter to the public's at times. Just the way it is and better than any other option.

You guys spending like drunken sailors and you have the gall to say this? We certainly want to spend it on different stuff. Things that help people who need it, not tax breaks for the uber wealthy.

Trump is bad. So what if we don't like him? Did you think we would? Do you ever like ours? He is particularly offensive to me, I have to admit. Big city arrogant loudmouths have never been my thing.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:20 AM

46,315 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Some people are just stuck in reverse. If there was anything at all illegal or questionable about Trump's tax returns, the IRS would have been on it like glue. It didn't happen.

Not to mention, all the trump haters left over from Obama....they would have leaked years ago....

Old 11-07-2018, 06:20 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
^^^^^^. TKO. Just disagree on a lot of that, but thanks for expressing yourself in a manner that is understandable. I understand what you are saying though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies