Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 10:50 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,334,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Statement 1: A white cop shot and killed a black guy
Statement 2: Cop killed man strangling woman near restaurant

Go ahead, tell me in which statement did I lie?

Both statements are factually accurate, both have entirely different takeaways....
Good point. When you add to it the fact that technology (via the media and social media) sends these potentially biased statements instantly at the speed of light all over the globe, and also the fact that any picture, video, or evidence can be altered by technology, you have a system that is broken. The gap between the two sides will continue to widen until a solution is found.

Both sides are so right, and so wrong, at the same time. I see no hope for a compromise anymore, where people don't melt down or commit acts of violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 10:51 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,092,614 times
Trump is so incredibly rude and condescending, the way he belittles and gestures people who ask him tough questions. Why does anybody still like this man? He's a pig.

Silly question I guess, because I know Trump supporters cheer when he insults people.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:52 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,277,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I am curious. How is it that you think that Trump's world is going to change as a result of the Dems winning narrow control of the House of Representatives?
Seriously? He's had a spineless bunch of rubber stampers in the House. Afraid to cross him, call him out, deny him or investigate his shady finances and ethics violations. That will change a lot.

And, Maxine Waters will be in charge of the House Financial Services Committee. That should make some WH heads explode.

"...Meanwhile, Mr Trump's only hope of achieving any signature laws is by working across the aisle - which may be a heavy lift for a man who spent the past few months disparaging his political opponents in the starkest of language at rallies across the country...."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46067264

Old 11-07-2018, 10:54 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,092,614 times
Trump has gone off the rails. Attacking people personally and insulting them.

How in the world can Trump call somebody else rude?! LMAO!

Old 11-07-2018, 10:58 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,530,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
And, Maxine Waters will be in charge of the House Financial Services Committee. That should make some WH heads explode.
Hahahahahaahahaha!

{Deep breath}

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh, I cannot wait to see her in this role. Talk about the gift that keeps on giving.

Maxine Waters!! Haaaahahahahahahahaha!!!

Old 11-07-2018, 10:58 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,993,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Still your President.
But a hobbled one now.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:59 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,530,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
But a hobbled one now.
Not as hobbled as Obama was after 2010.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:01 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,993,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Hahahahahaahahaha!

{Deep breath}

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh, I cannot wait to see her in this role. Talk about the gift that keeps on giving.

Maxine Waters!! Haaaahahahahahahahaha!!!
Not really sure why you think that’s funny. She’ll drive Trump nuts in that role.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:02 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,672,276 times
The media wants to argue. They seem less willing to actually report. All three networks Trump mention reported, positively, less than 5 min. on the economy

Old 11-07-2018, 11:02 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,584,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Trump is so incredibly rude and condescending, the way he belittles and gestures people who ask him tough questions. Why does anybody still like this man? He's a pig.

Silly question I guess, because I know Trump supporters cheer when he insults people.

He just blamed the Invasion of Eastern Ukraine on Obama. The room was dumbfounded. He knows exactly what he is doing (he has always been that way). The media turns against him, he makes them the enemy. The HOR turns on him - they will be the enemy. He knows who his supporters are and how to motivate them. His real skill in the last election was turning out people to vote. No one was particularly excited to vote for Hillary whereas his supporters were chomping at the bit to vote for him.

This Democratic house could be completely played by him to his advantage if he provokes them into bad behavior - that's his MO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies