Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2018, 12:02 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,682,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The senate races were the most favorable to R's since the turn of the 20th century, according to some. I don't know if that's a statistic, or just an opinion, but he was expected to do AT LEAST that well in the senate, as the races that were held this year were in very Pro-R states. He may not do so well next cycle.

Whatever: It is what it is. I'm glad the two chambers of Congress are divided right now. It will at least slow things down, and either both parties will need to compromise, or NOTHING will get done. I admittedly lean left, but it's never a good thing when EITHER party has all the power. They have shown EVERY TIME that they don't use it well. I'm glad for the split chambers.

It will be interesting to see now if Trump can govern, or if his childish petulance will only increase. I know what my bet is, but it remains to be seen. Hopefully the guy will up his game, and show 1/10 the amount of class and decorum that Obama had. If he does, it will be a huge improvement, and with the low standards that are set for him, he'll get tons of credit for being less of a D-nozzle.

Trump's been in power for about two years and we know how he handles power.
( great job & results )

The democrats haven't had the House since 2010. The real questions is how they will handle it. From the way things are starting out today it's not going to be pretty. Rude media and Pelosi lying her butt off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 12:03 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,518,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Oh look -- more Trump supporters name-calling and insulting people they don't agree with.

What a shocker.
Oh yes, because libs have never done such a thing.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:05 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,094,965 times
That was a national embarrassment. Trump really hurt himself with that presser.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:06 PM

7,491 posts, read 6,273,115 times
[quote=NeutralParty;53578466]
I will continue to pray for anybody who thinks this guy is a good president. QUOTE]

Thank you for your prayers.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:13 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,506,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
The disgrace is the way the President treats other professionals just trying to do their job. That along with the way his supporters forgive his every transgression.
Yeah well it's not very professional to be interrupting any president with questions, taking time away from other reporters who have questions to ask, etc...

Other presidents may have tolerated that sort of rudeness in the name of 'tradition', but Trump didn't. Good on him.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:14 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times
Quote:
Oh look -- more Trump supporters name-calling and insulting people they don't agree with.

What a shocker.
mere minutes earlier:

Quote:
He's a pig.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:16 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,740,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm not blaming Obama for the recession. I'm just saying the guy never took ownership, instead kept blaming the predecessor for the current problems. At least, Trump tackles the problems head on. He has accomplished more in two years than Obama did in two terms! Obama just tried to pretend that the problems didn't exist like ignoring North Korea and letting ISIS rise in power. Under Trump, NK has stopped the nuke testing, came to the table, ISIS is on the run and the economy is doing quite well.
You can blame Bush for the great recession, Obama came in and applied some band-aids to the situation, and Trump is actually going about fixing some of the issues really plaguing our country. Yes he's a horrible speaker with many negative attributes and loud mouthed bluntness that people don't like, but he's getting stuff done. Of course there is a lot of dislike from other countries, that have grown entitled to the profits from US financial aid and massive trade deficits.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:18 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,682,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
mere minutes earlier:

The media's despicable behavior carry's over to the rudeness in the democrat party.

So full of hate they can't help themselves.

17,403 posts, read 11,992,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
made up.

Bush dragged the US and much of the world into the biggest recession since the 1920s.

You can pretend to yourself Obama did it, but history has recorded it as all being down to Bush and his focus on fighting wars instead of taking care of the US.

But feel free to live in denial.
You can pretend to yourself that Bush did it, but it was the Dem-led congress that dragged the US into that recession.

12,566 posts, read 10,630,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Aww, you poor baby. Dry your tears.
Typical Trump follower post. Nothing of substance so you go straight to the insults.

Just making my ignore list longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies