Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 11:32 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Communist dictators all have polished speaking skills. That is what liberals expect. You’re spot on, OP.
Useful idiots accept getting lied to as long as the person lying does it smoothly like Obama did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 11:44 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I think I might have figured out where most of the TDS is coming from. Almost every criticism I hear or read about Trump mentions his lack of polished smoothness, his not coming across as an intellectual.

Really, the whole substance of the hatred seems to be that he doesn't talk like a highly educated elite.

Democrats should ask themselves why that is of such tremendous importance to them. Do they really think good political leaders must be intellectuals?

Liberals claim to be so tolerant, but they actually can be very bigoted about certain things. They admire youth and smooth talking elitist intellectuals. They really look down on everyone else.

And that, dear liberals, is why half the country still likes Trump.
Obama was a highly educated elite, and he appealed to many young people. But he had terrible policies and led this country in a wrong direction.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:57 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, do you just skip over the things that mention his compulsive lying, his divisiveness, childish name calling, his willingness to allow the prime suspects in an assassination to investigate themselves as well as apparently let them literally get away with murder because they spend a lot of $$$, his failure to fulfill campaign promises like having a 'far better than the ACA' plan in place soon after taking office, his failure to get us the hell out of Afghanistan and every other wasteful military operation we're involved in, his ill-planned trade war that's hurting certain trade groups and forcing the taxpayers to bail them out, et al, or you just don't care?
Yes, some skip right over all of that. Unreal.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:17 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
It's because Trump is a narcissistic, arrogant bully who likes to rip off people and businesses. He is a man who has cheated on all of his wives' and lies constantly. That is why I cannot stand the man.
Yes, all that. He has zero character, no redeemable qualities. He is not only a lousy speaker, but is not bright and is incapable of doing his job, being very emotionally troubled. He is phony, highly flawed and is entirely repulsive as a human, a male or ((shudder)) president

Old 11-08-2018, 01:18 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
I think I might have figured out where most of the TDS is coming from. Almost every criticism I hear or read about Trump mentions his lack of polished smoothness, his not coming across as an intellectual.

Really, the whole substance of the hatred seems to be that he doesn't talk like a highly educated elite.

Democrats should ask themselves why that is of such tremendous importance to them. Do they really think good political leaders must be intellectuals?

Liberals claim to be so tolerant, but they actually can be very bigoted about certain things. They admire youth and smooth talking elitist intellectuals. They really look down on everyone else.

You've described reasons to not want the man at a dinner party. The reasons for not wanting him in the White House are far more serious.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:39 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,051,044 times
I have 4 very Christianrelatives that are very pro-Trump, even though there's much to dislike about him, but all 4 of them are pinning all their hopes on Trump, somehow, some way, making abortion illegal. And how many more out there are thinking likewise?

Old 11-08-2018, 03:17 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Oh sorry, I had forgotten that pollution was almost gone by the time Obama left office, and then Trump brought it all back again.

Lolz......

Have you ever been to Los Angeles?

I was there near the end of Obama's term and it was just as nasty with smog and pollution as it ever was.

Where do you folks even get this stuff?

Old 11-08-2018, 04:40 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:

"I think I might have figured out where most of the TDS is coming from."

It took you a YEAR to figue it out!

It is simple, he BEAT hillary and became the President of the United States OVER her. PERIOD.

The little snowflakes EXPECTED "the smartest woman in the world" to win, so they could claim "We elected the first black president with obama and wanted the the claim of "we elected the 1st WOMAN as president".

And being the little spoiled brats they are, they grew up in the "everybody gets a trophy of equal value", Don't keep score" "nobody fails in school and is held back",etc. they couldn't handle the fact that they did NOT get their way and lost for the 1st time in their lives so they went screaming and crying in the street, created their "safe" places with their crayons and speed dialed the therapists to "help"them through the HORROR of NOT winning the presidency.

Probably the FIST time in their little lives they did/do NOT get their way and couldn't/can't handle it.

It took you an ENTIRE YEAR to figue that out!

Old 11-08-2018, 04:42 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,760,732 times
They hate Trump because the media tells them they should. They judge the book by the cover as I found myself doing at the mid term elections. There were certain candidates running that I despised because their looks bothered me, their voice bothered me, etc..,without even caring to research what they stood for. Watching all of these commercials, where every candidate bashes each other I thought I knew everyones positions on the hot topics we are faced with today, however, after realizing I was doing the same thing to these candidates as so many people do to Trump, or anyone else for that matter, I listened to them and some had great ideas. Some of these ideas had been falsely stated in these commercials on tv that everyone is watching and it just leads to a nation of misinformed citizens that rely on what they see on tv for their facts.

Another problem is that people don't look at the big picture. Why is he doing what he is doing? I am sure there is a good reason. In order to get to the light at the end of the tunnel, sometimes you have to do things that arent pretty. Its not going to make everyone happy, but at the end of the day, the main goal is to get to that light and not let the small speed bumps get in the way. Stop focusing on the speed bumps that the media turns into mountains and research to find out how what he is doing is going to positively impact the nation at the end of the day.

I didnt like Obama at all, nor did I like most of what he did as a President, however, when he did something that I found to be positive, I gave him credit for it. I didn't hate a good idea just because Obama is the one that made it happen. Much like Trump, I like Trump but I certainly don't agree with everything he does. Before you hate on anyone, do your research. At the end of the day, its ok to disagree.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:46 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:

I love how folks declare they 'figured it out' and then you realize they haven't at all. They just made something up in their head. LOL

Trump's level of intelligence or his lack of polish is not the issue. He is a nasty human being. He respects nobody but himself. That's why.

If he was a compassionate, caring, empathetic human being who was stupid -- we could tolerate him....his rudeness, crudeness and lack of intelligence combine to make one of the unlikable people ever.

And can I remind you - -further evidence your sudden epiphany is flawed...it isn't just liberals that don't like the guy. It isn't. Conservatives all over the USA can't stand him but tolerate him because he's the Republican nominee.

Not sure half the country LIKES Trump. Some do...but many tolerate him because they identify conservative/Republican and voted for and still support Trump because of that -- not because they 'LIKE' the guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies