Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 06:33 AM

4,149 posts, read 3,902,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
no he doesnt, nice try, so try again
uh huh

Old 11-10-2018, 06:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Whitaker was a paid advisor to a patent marketing firm. The firm also donated to his failed campaign to run for Senator, in Iowa. He sent threatening emails to customers who complained. FTC investigated this and claims of consumer fraud It shut down the company and imposed a $26 million fine. Whitaker says he knew nothing about fraudulent practices.

Whitaker has made the rounds of cable news shows saying Hillary should be incited, Muehller fired and the investigation ended. Looks like those performances may have been his job interview.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Trump's announcement of his candidacy was a highly-staged event in Trump tower that included a ride down a golden escalator. How did you miss it?

What I remember clearly from his campaign was how he was going to replace Obamacare with something wonderful an affordable. Well where is it?

Old 11-10-2018, 06:39 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
He said he doesn't know Matt Whitaker yet a month ago he said he knows him and he is a great guy. Does Trump have dementia?

I think it is several factors. Trump , first off, is not really very smart. (I mean that comment, not just saying it to be mean). All you have to do is listen to him for a while, and it becomes painfully apparent.

Secondly, he is now 72+ years old, and he does not take good care of himself. He eats food that he should never touch, and a treadmill to him would be like Kryptonite to Superman. I bet he gets winded walking to Air Force One. When your body deteriorates, it takes it's toll on the mind as well. Anyone who is in their 70's (like me) knows that we are not as sharp as we once were, and we forget a lot of things we once knew.

Thirdly, being President is a very tough job. Look at how Obama aged in only 8 years. Donald Trump looks way older and fatter than he did on the campaign trail. Also, how many times can you repeat the same old lies, over and over and over, before they start to wear on you?

He has the look in his eyes of a very tired, very ill man.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:42 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,193,560 times
Quote:
He said he doesn't know Matt Whitaker yet a month ago he said he knows him and he is a great guy. Does Trump have dementia?
Many of us could've said PLENTY about Obama like this which was just about every time he opened his mouth IMO.

So, lets along shall we! Trump is human and like all humans potentially misspeaks (if he actually did in this case) and the like.

This section is like a divider of peoples and bashing, not debate. WE ARE ALL AMERICANS no matter what side of the political aisle one is.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:43 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,359,835 times
Quote:
What I remember clearly from his campaign was how he was going to replace Obamacare with something wonderful an affordable. Well where is it?
Heck if I know.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Many of us could've said PLENTY about Obama like this which was just about every time he opened his mouth IMO.

So, lets along shall we! Trump is human and like all humans potentially misspeaks (if he actually did in this case) and the like.

This section is like a divider of peoples and bashing, not debate. WE ARE ALL AMERICANS no matter what side of the political aisle one is.

Very good point. I just wish Trump would do more to unite the country. He seems to like divisiveness. Perhaps it is all about deflection.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:54 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,359,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think it is several factors. Trump , first off, is not really very smart. (I mean that comment, not just saying it to be mean). All you have to do is listen to him for a while, and it becomes painfully apparent.

Secondly, he is now 72+ years old, and he does not take good care of himself. He eats food that he should never touch, and a treadmill to him would be like Kryptonite to Superman. I bet he gets winded walking to Air Force One. When your body deteriorates, it takes it's toll on the mind as well. Anyone who is in their 70's (like me) knows that we are not as sharp as we once were, and we forget a lot of things we once knew.

Thirdly, being President is a very tough job. Look at how Obama aged in only 8 years. Donald Trump looks way older and fatter than he did on the campaign trail. Also, how many times can you repeat the same old lies, over and over and over, before they start to wear on you?

He has the look in his eyes of a very tired, very ill man.
This morning, I re-watched Trump's announcement of his candidacy, and the changes in him were very obvious. I don't know whether or not it's dementia, but he's definitely different. More scattered and less able to express a train of thought. In the candidacy announcement filmed at Trump Tower, he's all bombast -- that part definitely has not changed -- but he made sense. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned sleep deprivation, and that very well could be a big part of it. I think we all know that Trump doesn't spend a lot of time sleeping, and when one is chronically short of rest, it has all sorts of ill effects on one's mental capacity. So I agree that he is very different, but I'm not sure it's dementia. It's possible, but there are other potential causes, chronic sleep deprivation being a possibility.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:56 AM

23,536 posts, read 17,214,216 times
Quote:
Trump is just fine, simply doesn't speak like a lawyer who uses language to leave wiggle room when later challenged about statement content.

Problem is all the great journalism majors and lawyers who hang on dangling participles and use punctuation as life and death anchor points, fail to understand what the ability to communicate implies. And if they do, they are being intellectually dishonest and unethical.

these elitists and their brainwashed supporters feign confusion when confronted with human beings not in possession of a law or journalism degree. they use imprecise language as a basis to 'hear' a twisted interpretation, not unlike a person with an auditory deficit hearing something other than what was said. wife..." Do you know what day it is?" hubby hard of hearing answers.... " No, I put the keys on the table by the door'.

Trump was elected because he was not a lawyer politician whose financial life support hinges on elections.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:07 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,284,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Trump is just fine, simply doesn't speak like a lawyer who uses language to leave wiggle room when later challenged about statement content.

Problem is all the great journalism majors and lawyers who hang on dangling participles and use punctuation as life and death anchor points, fail to understand what the ability to communicate implies. And if they do, they are being intellectually dishonest and unethical.

these elitists and their brainwashed supporters feign confusion when confronted with human beings not in possession of a law or journalism degree. they use imprecise language as a basis to 'hear' a twisted interpretation, not unlike a person with an auditory deficit hearing something other than what was said. wife..." Do you know what day it is?" hubby hard of hearing answers.... " No, I put the keys on the table by the door'.

Trump was elected because he was not a lawyer politician whose financial life support hinges on elections.
People who prefer their leaders to be educated, informed, eloquent, and, yes, articulate aren’t elitist. We are just intelligent and informed. We respond to similar types. We expect that—as a minimum—from people in leadership positions.

Why you guys act like this is a negative thing will be a great topic of study in future years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies