Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2018, 04:18 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post
Every single weapon used on this planet has at some time or another, been either primarily designed for the military, or been used by the military. So if we want to ban ANY weapon ever used by the military, that will include EVERY knife in existence, armor, shields, bows, crossbows, clubs, bats, mace, swords, staffs, I can go on and on.
Yeah and nobody here is even making that argument, so what is your point?

Quote:
This is the problem with liberals, they try to come up with new ways to make what they want to do, which is disarm all citizens so that only law enforcement and the military has weapons, sound better. Just be honest, say what you mean. You only want the government to have the ability to end a human life.
They already can end a human life. Death Penalty? Oddly its the red states that seem to be the most hell bent on having the government put people to death. Yet you then moan that the government has control to put people to death.

Quote:
To answer your question, no I haven't changed my beliefs. I train with firearms regularly, with my wife and 4 children. The truth of the matter is all firearm owners would support expanded background checks, and prevention of people with mental defects from owning firearms, if the Democrats would stop there. But we all know they won't, so it has become an all or nothing issue. States already have the power to enact gun legislation, it doesn't need to be at the federal level. If you like gun control, move to CA, CO, MA, NY, NJ, or WA. They have the toughest gun laws in the country, so it is impossible to die by gun violence there with their zero tolerance enforcement.
Sorry but your argument is dumb and illogical. Its like saying if we enact speed limits then next thing we know the government will ban all driving. Umm...no.

I don't care if people own guns or not, as long as they aren't being used for crime and mass murder. Right now they are being used for crime and mass murder. Notice how nobody talks about banning all explosives? why? because they aren't a problem. They are regulated and controlled and thus you can acquire them when needed and the general public doesn't care. If we had bombs going on every weekend then yeah we would need to do something about explosives. Your whole argument is based on assumptions about others unto which you have no historical evidence.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:18 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Uh, yeah we can make up are own definitions. The taxonomy of man made items are decided by us, we choose how we want to organize and define things.

I only care about how the gun operates. Rate of fire, mag size, mag reload speed, operating mechanism, etc. Whether it has a tactical look or not is meaningless.

This isn't an assault rife / weapon.
What happens when someone uses that rifle to assault someone with it?

Old 11-15-2018, 04:21 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Uh, yeah we can make up are own definitions. The taxonomy of man made items are decided by us, we choose how we want to organize and define things.

I only care about how the gun operates. Rate of fire, mag size, mag reload speed, operating mechanism, etc. Whether it has a tactical look or not is meaningless.

This isn't an assault rife / weapon.
What is an "assault rifle/weapon"?

Quote:
I don't care if people own guns or not, as long as they aren't being used for crime and mass murder.
How do you propose to prevent that?

Old 11-15-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
What happens when someone uses that rifle to assault someone with it?
It doesn't happen very often, hence its not an issue. Your little hog gun is regularly being used to kill children and thus a big problem.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:24 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,745 times
Quote:
I don't care if people own guns or not, as long as they aren't being used for crime and mass murder. Right now they are being used for crime and mass murder. Notice how nobody talks about banning all explosives? why? because they aren't a problem. They are regulated and controlled and thus you can acquire them when needed and the general public doesn't care. If we had bombs going on every weekend then yeah we would need to do something about explosives. Your whole argument is based on assumptions about others unto which you have no historical evidence.

And that goes right back to what was just indicated, it is the person pulling the trigger with intent to harm/kill is where the problem lies.

Regardless of the weapon, it can do nothing on it's own, it requires human intervention. Or it requires intervention by an 3rd party outside source.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:

Your words.
Quote:
What is ironic is that you and your fellow ilk are the true evil in society.
You still have to show your work and prove how I'm evil.
I'm the one promoting and endorsing others to exercise their constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and to defend themselves as they see fit.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What is an "assault rifle/weapon"?
For our civilian society:

Semi-Auto

Mag Size over 5 rounds

Mag fed, can be operated quickly

Fire rate over 150 rounds per minute

Muzzle break

etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How do you propose to prevent that?
Regulation and reduced commonality. How come you don't hear about people being killed by explosives on a regular basis?

Old 11-15-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
It doesn't happen very often, hence its not an issue. Your little hog gun is regularly being used to kill children and thus a big problem.
My rifle hasn't killed anyone
Mighty bold claim to make.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
And that goes right back to what was just indicated, it is the person pulling the trigger with intent to harm/kill is where the problem lies.

Regardless of the weapon, it can do nothing on it's own, it requires human intervention. Or it requires intervention by an 3rd party outside source.
We can't dictate the actions and intentions of people. A man who is angry with his brother enough to want kill him should not be made more capable by being able to acquire and use a device intended for such. Hence regulation of an object is preferable to either turning into a police state or allowing continual mass shootings.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Or is it... you suffer from conflation and false equivalencies?
Strange.
For myself being so evil, I haven't used a firearm to harm another, and that rifle hasn't killed any children.
Did I do something wrong when I built it? It hasn't been used to kill anyone... especially The Childrunz.

Looks like you're 0-2 and openly proving my point for me, that your narrative is of emotion, conflation, and false equivalency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.