Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2018, 04:37 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,506,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
We can't dictate the actions and intentions of people. A man who is angry with his brother enough to want kill him should not be made more capable by being able to acquire and use a device intended for such. Hence regulation of an object is preferable to either turning into a police state or allowing continual mass shootings.
Looking at FBI UCR data... hands fist feet blunt force objects and knives are more deadlier than Rifles.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:38 PM

19,731 posts, read 10,155,727 times
Quote:
For our civilian society:

Semi-Auto

Mag Size over 5 rounds

Mag fed, can be operated quickly

Fire rate over 150 rounds per minute

Muzzle break

etc.

Regulation and reduced commonality. How come you don't hear about people being killed by explosives on a regular basis?
So my old 22 rabbit gun is an assault rifle?

Old 11-15-2018, 04:53 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,244,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
You still have to show your work and prove how I'm evil.
I'm the one promoting and endorsing others to exercise their constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and to defend themselves as they see fit.
I already spelled it out for you before but I will repost what I said before:

What is ironic is that you and your fellow ilk are the true evil in society. Because we have so many people with your mentality we now live in a society soaked to the bone in guns. To such a point that any manic can readily acquire one. Legally even. When the inevitable happens (mass shootings, crime) you respond by doubling down on your position and bringing even more guns into our society and loosing the regulations even more. Which enables the inevitable to happen even more frequently then before. So in a sense you are a cog in the machine of death and you don't even realize it

Just because something is currently legal, doesn't mean it is morally just. Allowing unstable people to easily and readily acquire firearms has caused the violent deaths of thousands of innocent people, including children. Your fault in this is your endorsement of politics and legislation that permits these actions to regularly occur. Hence your role in the evil. You are not pulling the trigger but you are doing your part to ensure those that should not have weapons can acquire weapons. A drug dealer doesn't make people do drugs but he enables them to destroy themselves and is thus an agent of evil. Such is your role in America's epidemic of gun violence.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:06 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,216,586 times
Quote:
We can't dictate the actions and intentions of people. A man who is angry with his brother enough to want kill him should not be made more capable by being able to acquire and use a device intended for such. Hence regulation of an object is preferable to either turning into a police state or allowing continual mass shootings.
Then punish the man who kills his family, but don't punish me or millions and millions of people who have not broken the gun laws, and don't restrict the choices I or other can make based on your emotions.

The GUN is still inanimate non living object, it can do nothing own it's own. Punish the person who commits a crime with it.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:25 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,506,438 times
Quote:
I already spelled it out for you before but I will repost what I said before:

What is ironic is that you and your fellow ilk are the true evil in society. Because we have so many people with your mentality we now live in a society soaked to the bone in guns. To such a point that any manic can readily acquire one. Legally even. When the inevitable happens (mass shootings, crime) you respond by doubling down on your position and bringing even more guns into our society and loosing the regulations even more. Which enables the inevitable to happen even more frequently then before. So in a sense you are a cog in the machine of death and you don't even realize it
I advocate addressing motive Incentive Intent Enabling outliers.
I strongly support self defense
I strongly support the 2nd.
You've yet to prove me as evil. That's your problem to sort out due to false equivalency and focusing on the implement, not the individual.

Quote:
Just because something is currently legal, doesn't mean it is morally just.
That could be said about alot of things.
Some would say voting rights, gay marraige, drinking, owning an automobile, you name it.

Quote:
Allowing unstable people to easily and readily acquire firearms has caused the violent deaths of thousands of innocent people, including children.
Which is why gun free zones don't work, or discouraging the right to keep and bear arms to serve in defense of the Childrunz. I've proposed a community service type deal that wouldn't cost tax payers a dime all that would be needed is repeal of gun free school act. Myself, others I train with and compete with, plus all they know would gladly volunteer to stand at every entrance point at a school to revoke evils incentive from descending upon innocent kids.
But you and your ilk won't go for that because it would prove you wrong about your approach.

Quote:
Your fault in this is your endorsement of politics and legislation that permits these actions to regularly occur. Hence your role in the evil.
Strange... I've approached my sheriff and Congressman about what needs to be addressed and how to implement it. Wouldn't cost tax payers a dime, just would cost you your ego in being proven wrong when headlines read attempted/would be gun man thwarted in an attempt to descend upon the innocent.

Quote:
You are not pulling the trigger but you are doing your part to ensure those that should not have weapons can acquire weapons.
LOL really? It was conservative republicans who enacted the Promise Program which protected that little scumbag responsible for Parkland?
“We’re not going to continue to arrest our kids,” he added. “Once you have an arrest record, it becomes difficult to get scholarships, get a job, or go into the military."

Know what else is difficult to get with an arrest record?
Firearms.
He was protected by a program that circumvents laws that would prohibit him from acquiring.
I didn't know Runcie and Sheriff Isreal were Republicans...

You dolts want to expand the power of government in vain of the feelz.
FBI dropped the ball on him as well with the power they have, and resources they have, same with the Pulse scumbag, and you, want to give them more tax dollars and forfeit more of your individual liberties? And they cant even put someone on a prohibited list with all that they have?

Quote:
A drug dealer doesn't make people do drugs but he enables them to destroy themselves and is thus an agent of evil. Such is your role in America's epidemic of gun violence.
Find one of my posts where I advocate wholesale slaughter of school kids.
Find one of my posts where I advocate murdering others.

You cant. You will find me advocating self defense by all means and measures as individuals decide. Including lethal force if need be to stop a threat against them, their family their loved ones, their community.

I'll continue to embarrass you and others with your false equivalencies and conflation.

Go on Ken. Prove to the world how evil I am.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:26 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,578,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
For those gun lover supporters, if a family member of yours or somebody you know well were part of a mass shooting or simply being shot, would you still support guns and not support gun control?!

Of course.

Could happen to anyone.

My family isn't above what could be.

That's why we need guns.. to shoot back.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:31 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,601,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
So my old 22 rabbit gun is an assault rifle?
For the purpose of assaulting rabbits I suppose so...

Old 11-15-2018, 05:34 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,151,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
For those gun lover supporters, if a family member of yours or somebody you know well were part of a mass shooting or simply being shot, would you still support guns and not support gun control?!
I'm guessing that most are so blindly devoted, especially after all the PR brainwashing from the NRA, that their reaction would just be - Oh, if only I'd been there to same him with my own gun.

Much sadder would be to know the reaction for situations where a child was killed by the family's own gun.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:44 PM

1,406 posts, read 803,489 times
Quote:

Semi-Auto

Mag Size over 5 rounds

Muzzle break

etc.
What an absolutely ridiculous list.

No magazines over 5 rounds? Even police hit their target about one shot in six, and most combat instructors recommend putting two rounds into a target and then evaluating-impossible with a five round limit. And what if you are facing more than one attacker?

And I have no idea what your objection to a muzzle break could be. Do you even know what it is? It lessens the perceived effect of recoil and makes a firearm easier to control. Why in the world would that be a bad thing? How would that reduce gun violence or make anyone safer?

And I'm curious, what is an acceptable rate of fire? What rate of fire would you consider "safe".

Old 11-15-2018, 05:53 PM

37,143 posts, read 41,343,367 times
Quote:

Semi-Auto

Mag Size over 5 rounds

Muzzle break

etc.

Regulation and reduced commonality. How come you don't hear about people being killed by explosives on a regular basis?
What do you think "semi-auto" means?

Others have repeatedly shown how "Mag size" is irrelevant, since changing them takes only seconds.

The reason hunters like the AR-15:

Here Are 7 Animals Hunters Kill Using an AR-15 | Time

What civilian rifles can fire 150 rounds per minute (without self destructing)?

What is a muzzle "break"?

What new regulations would you propose? By "reduced commonality" I presume you mean fewer guns. How do you propose doing that and not interfere with the Second Amendment rights of sportsmen and collectors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies