Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Nancy Pelosi be the next Speaker of the House?
Yes 61 71.76%
No 24 28.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 05:40 AM

18,490 posts, read 15,298,132 times

Advertisements

I dont know if I would say she is dumb, but she is a child. The Dems can glorify her youth all they want but these things happen when you elect a 29 year old with no real world experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 05:42 AM

34,269 posts, read 18,645,309 times
She wants the support of the DNC for re-election, and a shot at those powerful committee slots. Of course she reverses her position. If you aren't lock step with the Democrats, they ostracize you. Ask Corey Booker.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,727,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Told you!

The Dems lied, knew they were lying, ran on lies - nothing new.

Check this:
Ocasio-Cortez backs Pelosi for speaker as Dem rebellion falters - Meanwhile, Rep. Brian Higgins, D-N.Y. who told NBC News last week he would not vote for Pelosi, reversed course Wednesday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...alters-n939086

YOU ALL WERE LIED TO - AGAIN!

These freshmen got to the Congress photo shoot, were taken to a back room and told what was what!

MUAHAHAHAAHA This is GREAT!

see - House approval rating drop below 15%

The Dems couldn't make it 3 weeks before getting in their own way!

Patting self on back, because I was right!

Where is, Promises Made. Promises Kept?
Oh, that is exclusive to Trump.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:46 AM

37,972 posts, read 17,919,261 times
Quote:
So, Dems are just dumb? Ok, makes sense.
Not just dems

Quote:
2 years of more of the same - YAY!
How one goes about change is important.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:46 AM

10,855 posts, read 4,390,447 times
Trump knew all along that Pelosi would give him everything he wanted.
6 more years of Trump!

Old 11-22-2018, 05:50 AM

37,972 posts, read 17,919,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
She wants the support of the DNC for re-election, and a shot at those powerful committee slots. Of course she reverses her position. If you aren't lock step with the Democrats, they ostracize you. Ask Corey Booker.
I would love to see that imbecile Cortez get an important position. I can just imagine the hilarity when that peanut brained lunatic has power. The dems aren't that stupid and won't give her any real power. She can be in charge of a small parade.
You should see all of my left leaning friends when I bring up their latest "darling". lol They can't stand her.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:50 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,331,733 times
Not hard to figure out what happened. The veteran democrats pulled her into a room and had a chat with her. Basically told her to toe the line or else she would be two years and done.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:53 AM

68,352 posts, read 54,513,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Where is, Promises Made. Promises Kept?
Oh, that is exclusive to Trump.

Please tell us how your silly allegation fits the following?

https://www.reuters.com/article/saud...-idUSL2N1WT06B

Old 11-22-2018, 05:55 AM

9,915 posts, read 9,623,447 times
They did not come up with anyone to run against Pelosi. And Pelosi got rid of Fudge when she offered her a committee that got resurrected that Fudge wanted. a win for Fudge.

The Dems are going to do what the Dems are going to do. i will sit here and just watch the scenario unfold. nothing will surprise me.. nothing will get done because they will do their 84 investigations. and nothing will get done for we the people.

As long as i have zero hope in anything good coming out of this, i wont be disappointed.

For that matter, the Repubs had 2 years to their good, and they did not use their time wisely enough.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:58 AM

29,619 posts, read 16,607,956 times
Quote:
Told you!

The Dems lied, knew they were lying, ran on lies - nothing new.

"Dems" never claimed they would remove Pelosi as Leader. Im not sure why you are even claiming so other than the fact that a couple of people running for congress made that claim.

Based on the numbers, atleast 180 Democrats always said they would vote for Pelosi, that least only about 50 who either didnt give an answer of actually said they wouldnt vote for here.

Thats still not a logical reason to call all Dems liars. In act, the actual number of people who ran for the House who specifically said they wouldnt vote for Pelosi as speaker, is 9 i believe.

So who are you referring to when you say "told you" and "Dems lied",

all 9 of them could fulfill their promise of not voting for her, and she would still win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies