Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2018, 06:30 AM

45,233 posts, read 26,457,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXAlpharetta View Post
The left doesn't want civility? That's nonsense. Plenty of people on the left don't approve of what he said.

Saying the left don't want civility because of idiots like De Niro is like saying the right don't want civility because of idiots like Trump.

Let's not beat around the bush here....historically, Trump has said wayyyyy too many disgraceful things compared to De Niro. And nothing about Trump is civil.
Neither side wants civility, they both want power and control.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:34 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Totally agree with the OP! But Di Nero's behavior is like watching a distant star flicker before it burns out. Hollywood was sold out to the Chinese and it is yet to be seen if any of the old establishment actors have any niche to fill in this new world. Personally I do not like any of the older actors and actresses because they lost the fire, that launched their careers, many years ago. They are not 'hungry' anymore.

So, what does a has-been do, they try to bring attention to themselves as they pass into oblivion. Now people have something to remember him for besides his acting career.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:35 AM

Quote:
I think both sides want civility. The problem is....the ones that don't, get the most airtime, and that is what you see.

Back in the real world, both democrats and republicans are living their lives in unison and civility.
Uh huh
Why do you vote? You vote to make your neighbor pay for the things you want (at gunpoint). Where is your civility?

Old 06-13-2018, 06:37 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,062,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
And yet we have a Trump supporter starting a thread on Robert DiNiro and others talking mean about the President.
I think we have a lot of people, including me, who are saying that our society needs a return to better and more civil behavior. From everyone, including Mr Trump and Mr DeNiro.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:38 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
NO, Media and Hollywood is making it's bed and having to live in it. Trump really does not care but these people are selling a product to the public and they insult 50% of their customer base.

Maybe they don't care. I would.
The problem with that outlook is that both sides of the equation are "making their bed" but only one side of the equation represents YOU. That other side does not have the capacity to formulate policy that could have a lasting effect on your livelihood and well being.

In my opinion you are very wrong about Trump not caring. His massive ego forces him to care more about them than about you. He's got his priority backward. The media and Hollywood are not obliged by the office they hold to set priorities.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:41 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
The left doesn't want civility? That's nonsense. Plenty of people on the left don't approve of what he said.

Saying the left don't want civility because of idiots like De Niro is like saying the right don't want civility because of idiots like Trump.

Let's not beat around the bush here....historically, Trump has said wayyyyy too many disgraceful things compared to De Niro. And nothing about Trump is civil.
And people who think Trump has crossed a particular line won't vote for him....And people who think De Niro has crossed a particular line might not pay to see him entertain them....And the world goes on.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Trump and his followers praised the end of PC language, but now they are crying because someone hurt their feel-feels.

If you can't take it, don't dish it. And that goes for Trump too.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:57 AM

24,418 posts, read 23,076,143 times
DeNiro is a freak, Hollywood style. So he's used as a pitbull to go after the POTUS because of his position and star status. If the truth got out about him, well, let's just say HE'D end up buried in a cornfield.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
DeNiro is a freak, Hollywood style. So he's used as a pitbull to go after the POTUS because of his position and star status. If the truth got out about him, well, let's just say HE'D end up buried in a cornfield.
The term useful idiot comes to mind when describing hollywierds mouthpieces.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:58 AM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
If you voted for trump then I'm assuming you watched his rallies.

He's the head conductor on the **** train. Deserves it all and then some. If he doesn't like it, he shouldn't be partaking. President Obama, President Bush, President Clinton didn't behave how he does.

He's a scum bag. So what if the world doesn't like him. He doesn't deserve to be liked based off his behavior. I wasn't fond of President Bush, but at least I could respect him.
well, I didn't care for Bush either, and I voted for Obama in his first term, but when he tripled our deficit, that was it for me....

I agree, Trumps mouth is terrible...but...I believe he's done more for us than any other president....and that's what we wanted...

It remains to be seen what he is going to accomplish next....

No one should express themselves in a derrogitory way, not even the POTUS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies