Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2018, 09:17 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXAlpharetta View Post
That's nonsensical.

Are you suggesting that no ones votes?

Do you not know what civility means?

Example:
Just because a democrat wants the wealthy to pay more taxes to help pay for stuff doesn't mean they hate republicans and don't want to be civil with them.

Just because a republican do not want the wealthy to pay higher taxes doesn't mean they hate democrats and don't want to be civil with them.

Don't believe the media hype, most people want to work out their differences in a civil matter, and live day to day in civil unison.
Once you understand that taxation is armed robbery it all becomes much clearer.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:20 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I did not like, one bit, what I heard that Robert De Niro said concerning President Trump on that award show.

One may certainly disagree with the President; however, to use such language is deplorable. People whom resort to swearing, name-calling and belittling others reveal the poverty of their own thoughts.

Of course, I must include Donald Trump in this group, save for the swearing (although I read that he does swear in private; De Niro should have kept his swearing for private use).

I do wish President Trump would ignore such attacks. He is tweeting again about this actor this morning.
yanno, going back 30 - 40 years, if someone would have stood up and said something like that, about the President, they would have taken them away in a straight jacket.

And I'm not trying to point out that Trump is any better than anyone else, what I'm trying to point out in this thread is the loss of complete respect and morals....

and I won't accept it if someone says, "Well he doesn't deserve respect". That is an untrue statement....

And the purpose of this thread is basically to see if more people feel like you do?

Di Niro, for me, so totally corrupted his own image for saying that...and to all of Hollywood for egging him on and clapping????? I mean, you don't have to like Trump, I didn't like Obama, but I would have never stood up and said something like that....and I totally dislike Hillary (I was around years ago when she pulled those stunts and left people take the rap for her) but I still wouldn't stand up in public and make that kind of statement.

I don't care how much you dislike someone, you don't talk like that...you don't put yourself on display like that...and I'm going to say, you think Washington is corrupt, Hollywood isn't any better. If you don't play their games, you don't get ahead, period.

They have destroyed many lives over political affiliations and such.

Thank you for your post.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post

So, what exactly is it that is so totally dangerous and bizarre about having Trump as POTUS?

At first, we were told that Trump would tank the economy and get us into a war. Yet, the economy is smoking hot and we may have just started along the road to peace with North Korea. In any event, we are not in a war.

So, when do the critics take a step back and reconsider?
It doesn't do any good...lol, my best friend asks me all the time, what has Trump done, that is so good, and when I tell her, she makes some negative excuse, like, "oh that was because"....so we don't discuss it. She really gets angry....and that's the thing, I had a family member call me way back before Trump was elected, and they are liberal, and they asked me to stop putting stuff up on my FB against Obama, and the stuff I was putting up there wasn't name calling, it was about issues I didn't agree on...

and I voted for Obama....

I think American's are taking this way too far and allow themselves to be defined by their political affiliation, which is crazy....

Old 06-13-2018, 09:25 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
There is nobody that is more of a bully (and an idiot) than De Niro.

As for the rest of this nonsense, I'm all for pushing back against anybody that wants to bend over the United States. This isn't Obama's watch anymore and we don't have to roll over and take it from anybody.

With the way we get treated by our so-called friends/allies, who needs enemies? They don't give us anything special, and that treatment should be reciprocated. Justin Trudeau should stick with trying to keep his eyebrows pasted on.

Oh brother! While Trump insulting Canada with his stupid 'national security' excuse and lying about unfair tariffs should just go ignored?

Where the rubber hits the road Canada has given you, with their one tenth the population, far more than the U.S. has given Canada. tangible examples exist aplenty of Canada coming to the aid of the U.S. whereas there isn't one example of the obverse. Canada has been a far better friend to the U.S. than the other wy around and the world knows it.

You're very typical of the "what have you done for me in the last twenty minutes American".

Old 06-13-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Totally agree with the OP! But Di Nero's behavior is like watching a distant star flicker before it burns out. Hollywood was sold out to the Chinese and it is yet to be seen if any of the old establishment actors have any niche to fill in this new world. Personally I do not like any of the older actors and actresses because they lost the fire, that launched their careers, many years ago. They are not 'hungry' anymore.

So, what does a has-been do, they try to bring attention to themselves as they pass into oblivion. Now people have something to remember him for besides his acting career.
yanno, maybe your right, I never thought of it that way...but the anger in his face...he looked like an axe murderer....lol

Old 06-13-2018, 09:28 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I have sat back and watched De Niro, and other liberal actors, actresses, late night TV Hosts, etc....come out publically and thoroughly humiliate the President....Jimmy Fallon, SNL, My gosh, I used to love all these people...no more...and it's not because I voted for Trump, it's the way they go about it, the disgusting jokes they tell, they are so closed off to anything and everything, it's all about wanting their way...they won't give him the benefit of the doubt, and are so down right angry?

He of course, is not perfect, his mouth is terrible...but, for the most part, I am pleased with what he has been doing for our country. I believe he should be doing more for our Vets, as he promised to do. But for the most part, I am pleased with what he has been trying to do. Of course, Congress blocks him every chance they get.

I remember a time when we started threads about not liking what Obama was doing and we were called racists for having an opinion....?????? We were not allowed to talk about his work performance?

But, the republicans do the same thing when they get in office....so, they all act like kindergardners

So, to see De Niro, come down on the President, solidifies in my mind, just how bat **** crazy some people can be...what he and all the rest do not realize, they wouldn't be where they are today, if it weren't for us?

They couldn't sell movies if we'd refuse to go...

I equate De Niro, and Meryle Streep with Jane Fonda....and I used to admire and respect them both, but not any more. I believe strongly that they think and believe, their money can buy the political choices....look at Oprah and how much she gave the Obama Campaign?

But, that's par for the course I guess..but I don't like the fact that they are so rich they are disconnected with what real life is, and are used to getting what they want, and when it doesn't materialize, they act out like insane babies....I mean, my gosh, I used to have so much respect for him and Ms. Streep...no more...

Its a changed world, and the way adults talk, it's no wonder kids are bullies in schools. No wonder at all...what a bad role model these people propose the the whole world.
Yeah, like making fun of disabled people...oh, wait, that was Trump.
Like calling anyone who disagreed with him adolescent names...Sorry, Trump again.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The left doesnt want civility, it wants power and its become deranged because its not calling the shots. Plenty to criticize Trump as he is terrible, but who wants a DeNiro running things?
How ironic.
It wasn't the left that voted a self-proclaimed p*ssy-grabber into the WH.

While I have no issue with Mr. De Niro voicing his opinion, I thought it in very poor taste to do it in that venue.
It was a terrific show excluding those few moments, and his opening statement unfortunately made the show all about him and not about the very worthy winners and performers.

That being said, as regards the standing ovation, that audience had as much right to express their feelings as did/does anyone who attends a Trump rally. There are any number of pictures of rally attendees wearing shirts calling Hillary Clinton all sorts of disgusting names so to plead offense now is completely disingenuous.
Or is that sort of bad behavior reserved only for Trump supporters?

As has been noted, the president is not above using the same language himself in public, but that of course is considered "keeping it real" or something.
As long as these sorts of double-standards are perpetuated, no one has a leg to stand on when it comes to criticizing anyone else.

And, don't anyone get their hopes up about Broadway suffering any negative monetary impact.
Not going to happen.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
dinero is the face of the democrats fear and hate mongering campaign. It is difficult to imagine anyone would align themselves with such a hate group as the hijacked democrat party has become.

Imagine, they can turn on anyone based only on spurious rumors and twisted interpretation of words. This is the stuff of the witch trials in the dark ages, where unsubstantiated accusations backed by failed crops or illness, were all that was needed to put the accused to death.

This is almost like a Disney ride to travel back in time to examine the hearts and minds of the mass hysteria that put so many to death.

anyone who can embrace a terrorist organization that advocates killing cops is susceptible to the hate and fear mongering spewed by delusional celebrities like dinero. The kicker is, it is the Hollywood lifestyle and celebrities the ME terrorists use as an excuse to target non believers and the west. You'd think with all the self flagellation liberals do they would clean up their act to accommodate the beliefs of the people trying to kill them.
couldn't agree with you more, but the left just refuses to see it...and let me tell you, this is the crazy stuff wars are fought over, and innocent men die over....like you said....it's nuts, just plain nuts to become that angry, that enraged I should say....

and Trump isn't even drawing a pay check?

Old 06-13-2018, 09:31 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
OP, so you are okay with the president of the United States saying rude/crude things, but not an actor on an awards show that you are free to not watch in the first place?

Old 06-13-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
I think we have a lot of people, including me, who are saying that our society needs a return to better and more civil behavior. From everyone, including Mr Trump and Mr DeNiro.
yup, totally....yanno, kids at home and watching and listening to their parents, and when parents talk any kind of trash about anyone, it gives kids an ok, to do the same thing in school, and this is why kids are shooting up schools, this is why kids are killing themselves....the hate out there is incredible...it's like a disease, festering...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies