Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2018, 12:39 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,702,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
My dad lives in Alaska. He said he will never vote for a certain republican politician (in AK) ever again because the politician said he will do everything in his power to make sure pot will remain illegal even though the people of AK voted for legal pot. My dad said that not even god takes away our agency and free choice from us, so that politician is a scumbag. My dad says republicans and democrats are the same; they both want to use the force of government for whatever cause they happen to believe in and overstepping their power abusing power etc. my dad is somewhat a conservative libertarian type.
Well, I know he's your dad - and he is 100% correct about his feelings toward the Republican.

However, he is incorrect in the other sense. We Dems voted it in - CO, NV, CA, MA - and guess what? Our elected leaders followed through. You can go buy some for rec use right around the corner (21 up).

Please tell your dad that good people elsewhere follow through and make sure the will of the people is done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 12:43 PM

30,319 posts, read 23,800,844 times
It also shows everyone very plainly where the hypocrisy lies. These same blue states were filled to the brim with people whining and moaning about cigarette smoke, "it stinks, it's disgusting", and on and on and on.

And now they fill the air with their disgusting stench of pot smoke. It smells like rotting dead skunk, is way worse than any cigarette smoke, carries much further than cigarette smoke ever did, the stench lasts longer than any cigarette smoke, but I guess they're too stupidly high, because apparently some people in this world can't make it a single day without their drug - too pathetic and a bunch of pansies to handle real life without altering their state of mind, cause "man, I just gotta relax" - to realize what hypocrites they are.

And don't even feed me that bs line about "medicinal" purposes, because I guarantee that 90% (if not more) of the idiots smoking that nasty crap are not using it for genuine "medicinal purposes". It's because they are weak people.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
It's easy to cherry pick "freedoms" to frame your argument. I could openly wear a pistol that holds 17 bullets, with no permit from the government, behind my bar where my customers are allowed to smoke during happy hour. In your state that sentence violates nearly a half dozen laws.
Prohibition and throwing people in jail and making them felons and.or criminals for life does not measure up to "regulation" which the SCOTUS said was good and well.

Not cherry picking at all. If you don't have freedom of the MIND and if any and every excuse can and IS used to lock people up and take away their rights, that differs from only having 10 or 12 round mags in the Gun Shop. Wear one on each hip if you need that many bullets....

Turns out that reasonable firearms laws means DOUBLE OR MORE the people in MA. are living....and not dead from excess gun violence. Our rate is 1/2 that of many other states.

One of these things is not like the other. Your example is closer to "I want a coal roller and to spew 100 times as much pollution out and open burn on my lawn of all the trees I cut down and the state won't allow me".

Over 50% of the USA adults have smoked pot. I can promise you that 50% of the people in the USA don't care whether they have 7, 10 or 17 rounds in their pistols.

Try again.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It also shows everyone very plainly where the hypocrisy lies. These same blue states were filled to the brim with people whining and moaning about cigarette smoke, "it stinks, it's disgusting", and on and on and on.

And now they fill the air with their disgusting stench of pot smoke. It smells like rotting dead skunk, is way worse than any cigarette smoke, carries much further than cigarette smoke ever did, the stench lasts longer than any cigarette smoke, but I guess they're too stupidly high, because apparently some people in this world can't make it a single day without their drug - too pathetic and a bunch of pansies to handle real life without altering their state of mind, cause "man, I just gotta relax" - to realize what hypocrites they are.

And don't even feed me that bs line about "medicinal" purposes, because I guarantee that 90% (if not more) of the idiots smoking that nasty crap are not using it for genuine "medicinal purposes". It's because they are weak people.
1. We are still whinking about cigarette smoke...and in the many years pot has been decrimed I haven't had even a whiff of it indoor or out.

2. Most people don't smoke it these days - edibles, tincture and vape. Safer for you and everyone else.

3. What's your take on beer? Seriously? Are those people all weak? Are you a Prohibitionist?

Old 12-05-2018, 10:45 PM

30,319 posts, read 23,800,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
1. We are still whinking about cigarette smoke...and in the many years pot has been decrimed I haven't had even a whiff of it indoor or out.

2. Most people don't smoke it these days - edibles, tincture and vape. Safer for you and everyone else.

3. What's your take on beer? Seriously? Are those people all weak? Are you a Prohibitionist?
You should come to my neighborhood. It's rare that I can step outside and smell clean air, not skunk stench from the pot smoke.

Old 12-05-2018, 11:32 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,643,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You should come to my neighborhood. It's rare that I can step outside and smell clean air, not skunk stench from the pot smoke.
Cigarette smoke is FAR worse than pot smoke, do you even know how many deadly toxins are in a cigarette?!!

People seem to tolerate and accept cigarette smoking, heck, its 2018 and drug stores STILL sell cigarettes, LOL, nearly any grocery store, gas station, conv store you go in, sells cigarettes today!! Anyone over 18 can buy as much as like 24/7!

Since nicotine is a drug, I wonder why the DEA is out to restrict sales of cigarettes, they seem to target drugs and pot with a vengeance...I guess they are only concerned with peoples health and safety in relation to CERTAIN drugs though, others are totally fine with them to be sold everywhere!

Old 12-05-2018, 11:50 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,832,330 times
These past several posts have proven my point. The primary reason there is such strong opposition to legalizing marijuana is because of the stigma. It has nothing to do with the facts or whether or not marijuana actually is dangerous enough that it should be as illegal as it is in most of the country. It's a front of the culture war, the same one currently being fought against racial minorities, non-Christians, and the LGBT community. Like the old saying goes, "good people don't smoke marijuana."

Marijuana will be legal nationwide by 2040. Most of the country will probably have it by 2030, with a few holdouts in the Bible Belt likely.

Old 12-06-2018, 12:08 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,680,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Are you sure? The 2 hottest real estate areas in the country, where homes always sell above the asking price, are San Francisco and San Jose, CA.

I'm not a democrat, I'm just making an observation. There must be a reason a lot of people want to live there.
Maybe wealthy people still love living in California. But there are reasons why middle class Californians want to get out of that state. This California couple who sold their home and who moved to the country in Oklahoma will tell you why: (By the way, legal medical marijuana dispensaries are beginning to open up in Oklahoma. Two of the them were recently approved in the town the California couple moved near to.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WX7...&feature=share

Old 12-06-2018, 05:52 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,398,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Prohibition and throwing people in jail and making them felons and.or criminals for life does not measure up to "regulation" which the SCOTUS said was good and well.

Not cherry picking at all. If you don't have freedom of the MIND and if any and every excuse can and IS used to lock people up and take away their rights, that differs from only having 10 or 12 round mags in the Gun Shop. Wear one on each hip if you need that many bullets....

Turns out that reasonable firearms laws means DOUBLE OR MORE the people in MA. are living....and not dead from excess gun violence. Our rate is 1/2 that of many other states.

One of these things is not like the other. Your example is closer to "I want a coal roller and to spew 100 times as much pollution out and open burn on my lawn of all the trees I cut down and the state won't allow me".

Over 50% of the USA adults have smoked pot. I can promise you that 50% of the people in the USA don't care whether they have 7, 10 or 17 rounds in their pistols.

Try again.
Ironically, you also cherry picked one thing from my post.

Wear a gun on his hip (illegal in MA)
that he bought without first getting government permission (illegal in MA)
that holds 17 rounds (illegal in MA)
at his bar during happy hour (illegal in MA)
where he allows his customer to smoke (illegal in MA)

You also have the worst public record access laws in the country. You make it extremely difficult for parents to home school their kids. The state is widely referred to as "Taxachusetts". But if you really want to talk about "freedom", Massachusetts has the worst and most abused eminent domain and civil asset forfeiture laws in the entire country. It's comical that you're arguing you live in one of the most free states, when your only criteria of "free" is legal marijuana.

I think marijuana should be legal btw.

Old 12-06-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Maybe wealthy people still love living in California. But there are reasons why middle class Californians want to get out of that state. This California couple who sold their home and who moved to the country in Oklahoma will tell you why: (By the way, legal medical marijuana dispensaries are beginning to open up in Oklahoma. Two of the them were recently approved in the town the California couple moved near to.)
Proof positive that on the interweb you can find a anecdote anywhere to fit your world view!

Next thing you sill show us someone more from MA. despite legal pot BECAUSE IS IT COLD AND CLOUDY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies