Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2018, 09:28 AM

3,222 posts, read 2,124,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Doing drugs that destroy your mind and body doesn’t make you free; it enslaves you and makes you weak. That’s why blue state governments and even some red states like the idea.
Yes, but you are also FREE to not do it. See how that works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 09:29 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It's amazing how easy it is for everyone to get these days - my friend in an "illegal" state can buy whatever he wants at any time. I guess the supply chain is filling up with all the stuff waylaid from legal producers.
That's very true. I also know people in an "illegal" state who have similar access to medical quality cannabis. That black market will eventually evaporate once it is legal nationally and taxed at the proper point.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:35 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,189,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Um, no. A century of countless numbers of studies confirm that it destroys your mind and body. The biggest pot pusher for legalization just died of lung cancer. There is an endless string of studies from disinterested organizations that prove drugs are bad for your body and mind.
You choose data-points from a biased data set as the basis for a argument on a very complicated subject. Your same arguments can be made with regard to carcinogens that we are exposed to on a daily basis. For example, Lead (Pb) in drinking water. Same with Mercury (Hg) in Salmon, water, and other fishes. So is PFAS, Cd, As, Cr, TI in water. There are HUGE banks of evidence for the destruction of minds/bodies due to these chemicals, but none of these have cost society in large the same amount in wasted Billions of dollars, or amount of personal torture, lack of freedoms, and death that legislation aimed at outlawing drugs have caused. Not to mention, how many tens of thousands of people are in prison due to polluting water, sky and land? How many for simple possession? Look at the ratio; you will be surprised.

Your argument ignores 'the minor problem' of Cartels exploding in size and murderous vulgarity due to the immense profits in the drug trade, leading to corruption of police forces and assassination deaths of civic-minded journalists, politicians, and other individuals throughout Central and South America. All because of the immense illegal profits to be made due to drug criminalization, pot included.

Ever smoke a joint? I did as a kid, but when I got a professional career, easily dropped it in a day because I wanted to concentrate on earning a living instead. Didn't appear as a real addiction to me.

28 Days in the system? In what form? One part per Trillion? What is the pyschoactive effect at that level? OK, a higher level. Same question at 1/1000000? 1/10000? Pb is forever. So is Hg. Frankly, the effects of cannabis wear off quickly, despite biased studies trying to quantify/qualify stupid rules on all of us. My rule is: Don't quote baseless, biased statistics unless you are personally able to defend these arguments.

Sorry, 'Reefer Madness' was a joke, along with all the people that swallow that kind of mindless, immature drivel.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:38 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Grind up oxys and smoke them on aluminum foil like they do in WV and then tell us more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytuRnGK-ySQ
Yea, I mentioned smoking as a means of ingestion, heroin can be smoked in the same way, but its not nearly as strong as injecting it.

Since heroin is SO expensive, most addicts try to get the maximum bang for their buck, smoking is wasteful.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:48 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
1. It's cold as heck.
2. It's cold.
3. It's cold and cloudy.
4. Those "red state" influxes are often people who made their income in Blue states and are now retiring or moving with their gains.
5. Ma. is already the 2nd most densely populated state in the USA.
6. It's small.
7. Large amount of wetlands and mountains making it even smaller.

I hope that fixes things for you.
Nope.
Cold and cloudy wetland and mountains (as if other states dont have that as well) vs. universal healthcare, longevity, marriage equality, higher incomes, progressive social and economic policies, and of course freedom that red states dont have. Really? People wouldn't deal with a little cold?
Rhode Island is small, I bet cold and cloudy too.
Mains is pretty cold and cloudy, Alaska too, cold.
Maine, Alabama and North Carolina have a lot of wetlands.
North Carolina-Tennessee Blue Ridge/Smoky mountains.

So still for all its glory one would think people would be flocking to MA but they are not.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:49 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
This is a tired excuse for a point of discussion or debate.

Firstly, people don't like freedom....or a lot of people. Why do you think they listen to dictators, strongmen, authoritarians, etc.?

Putin doesn't represent freedom, neither does Xi. Yet they enjoy 75% approval ratings.

What makes you think American human beings are any different than those elsewhere? People are sheeple - on that we can agree. It's the rare bird here that knows what Freedom entails. Many think it's being able to pee off your front porch and plink cans off the rear.
Except for your, right?

Old 11-20-2018, 10:28 AM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
If people want to use drugs, including pot, that is their business.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:29 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,795,289 times
How are the blue states with vaping?

Old 11-20-2018, 12:51 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
But the argument is that MJ is COMPLETELY harmless to us.
Show me..... That wasn't the argument for any legalized vice Ever. There is almost nothing that is completely harmless and advocates for legalization don't make that stance.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:19 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
One would think that people would be flocking to MA, or at least other blue states, yet its red states that are seeing the biggest influx of new residents.
It is too expensive for many. It's good for rich liberals and students, that's it.

Places average people could afford are drug infested (think heroin not weed) and/or violent sanctuary cities and even they are expensive. Some cities in MA are on worst places to live in the US list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies