Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 10:54 AM

10,760 posts, read 4,346,172 times

Advertisements

^ Well I wouldn't even consider living in a sanctuary state, as its not really a state of America in that regard, or its an illegal state of America.
And the weather is nothing special, obviously no shortage of fine weather and beaches elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 12:44 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
He got a town name wrong. Big whoop. I honestly dont care about this. And no one should. Theres a LOT of things to care about, this sort of nonsense is not it.

Old 11-19-2018, 12:55 PM

505 posts, read 368,871 times
Attached Thumbnails
Trump visits fire ravaged Paradise calling it "Pleasure."-fb_img_1542656120959.jpg  

Old 11-19-2018, 01:24 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Trump just shows politicians for what they really are, but dont let that stop you from believing your guy/gal is different
Thanks for the daily Trump deflection when someone shows him to be a buffoon. Carry on.

Old 11-19-2018, 01:29 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Another example of the amount of preparation Trump puts into his PR visits of areas that have been devastated. Trump probably was watching Fox & Friends for his daily briefing instead.

Trump Mistakenly Calls Paradise, CA 'Pleasure' After Touring Wildfire Wreckage | TMZ.com
oh for heaven's sake can't you find something worth posting about? And are you really even sure that is what he said? You know, most of us have learned not be take everything we read at face value. You post this as if it is a world issue, if he hadn't even gone to Paradise you might have been one of the first to post your displeasure with him.

Old 11-19-2018, 01:41 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh for heaven's sake can't you find something worth posting about? And are you really even sure that is what he said? You know, most of us have learned not be take everything we read at face value. You post this as if it is a world issue, if he hadn't even gone to Paradise you might have been one of the first to post your displeasure with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SORz8mjULsg

Old 11-19-2018, 01:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
He got a town name wrong. Big whoop. I honestly dont care about this. And no one should. Theres a LOT of things to care about, this sort of nonsense is not it.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Showing up at a town that has been totally devastated to show respect and support while getting the name wrong is like giving a eulogy at a funeral and referring to the deceased multiple times with the wrong name.

Old 11-19-2018, 01:58 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Like I said, its hard to take California seriously, when you hear about celebrities making death threats toward President Trump, and the sanctuary cities/state and the talk of California becoming a separate nation etc.
I don't see why you think California is worthy of respect.
None of those things have anything to do with the California wildfires.

California is worthy of respect because it's one of the 50 states in our nation.

Quote:
See, you are talking about respect for individuals, whereas I'm talking about respect (or disrespect) for the state.
Surely you can't be unaware that there are individuals living in the state of California?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
You people are a kill. Every day somethings got you wadded. And if it doesnt, youll find a reason, a way to get your tds on. In other words- “orange man bad”
But he makes it so easy ...

Quote:
Yeah I'm the first person to have no respect for California.
Again, nothing to do with individuals.
Individuals live in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh for heaven's sake can't you find something worth posting about? And are you really even sure that is what he said?
I believe you've already been shown that it is what he said.

Yes, it's a small thing. If the mistake hadn't come during a colossal tragedy, it wouldn't seem so yuge. But to mistake the name of a city that's been burned to a cinder, where dozens of people have died and hundreds have lost everything? That just shows that Trump doesn't care enough to do his homework - or to read what his staffers have put together for him.

Old 11-19-2018, 02:11 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
I personally can not believe President Stumblebum would be so stupid to suggest what our forests need is a good raking, someone must have gotten the raw comment and edited in comments made by Hank Kimball on an unrelated topic. #youdon'tfoolme

Old 11-19-2018, 02:11 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
^ Well I wouldn't even consider living in a sanctuary state, as its not really a state of America in that regard, or its an illegal state of America.
And the weather is nothing special, obviously no shortage of fine weather and beaches elsewhere.
Keep digging that hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies