Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 11:44 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
What is a credible news source besides Fox News for a conservative?
Daily Wire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 11:57 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Almost all news is biased. So switch to Fox and live happy.
Being biased is one thing but lack of intellectual honesty and willing to lie to advance its ideology are NOT acceptable.

Old 11-20-2018, 12:19 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I have not used Google News in the past. Out of curiosity, I just checked it out. I see stories from NYT, WaPo, FoxNews, Wall Street Journal, New York Post, CNN - in other words, a variety of sources from both sides of the political spectrum.

Thanks OP; I might start using Google News as my go-to source!
In addition to those I'm usually offered stories from the Washington Times, Breibart and occasionally Townhall. Clearly Google is not only offering left wing news outlets.

Old 11-20-2018, 12:32 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Here is the publishers currently on by News Feed without clicking on the view more link. This covers the Top Stories, For Your, World and US news stories. The indented entries are additional articles for the same story. Clearly there is a mix of sources.

Chicago Tribune
-- ABC News
-- Fox News
-- CNN
-- Times of Northwest Indiana
Daily Beast
-- CNN
Fox News
-- CNN
Politico
-- CNBC
National Review
-- Washington Times
San Francisco Chronicle
Politico
-- Huffpost
Fox News
-- New York Daily News
NPR
-- CBS News
Fox News
-- Huffpost
Fox News
-- St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ThinkProgress
-- Huffpost
CNN
-- CNN
Al Jazeera English
-- Huffpost
NPR
-- NBC News
WallStreet Journal
-- Washington Post

Old 11-20-2018, 02:44 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,425,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Except that all of those are leftist propaganda. Facts don’t exist in propaganda.
That's interesting. I've never seen any fake news on USA Today, WP and NYT. They have opinion pieces which are very clear that it's an opinion. When they report misinformation, there is always a retraction and correct statement.

Daily Mail seems to have mostly conservative authors, not independents.

I found this article (opinion piece) from the site rather interesting though.

EATER: You’re Morally Obligated To Call Out Racist Trump Supporters At Thanksgiving
"There is no amount of civility that can balance the harm of xenophobic nationalism"

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38569...rump-paul-bois

Old 11-20-2018, 03:06 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Ny times is racist and wouldnt doubt wapo is or it least they have severe tds so yeah, none for me

Old 11-20-2018, 03:31 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Unfortunately, there is a worldwide mind control conspiracy to poison the minds of innocent people everywhere, and they are all in on it except for Fox News and Brietbart.

Those nefarious characters are also contaminating our precious bodily fluids ...

IMPEACH EARL WARREN!
Silly, no conspiracy needed. When 90% of journalists are democrats, what do you think the slant is going to be? It is a non arguable point that the vast majority of the media has a hard left lean. You can find non biased lists of left and right leaning news sources, and the left leaning list is far longer than the right leaning.

Old 11-20-2018, 03:36 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
That's interesting. I've never seen any fake news on USA Today, WP and NYT. They have opinion pieces which are very clear that it's an opinion. When they report misinformation, there is always a retraction and correct statement.
You can’t be serious? We could go out there right now and go through currently published articles that are only telling half the truth...the truth or facts they want to report. Might not be a blatant lie but only part of the story is shady at best. We could also find relevant news that they are not reporting, because it does not support their left leaning beliefs.

Old 11-20-2018, 03:39 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I used to have Google News on my phone out of habit. I deleted it over a year ago since it was basically just NYT and WaPo stories. There was no balance at all. Google tries to manipulate minds in this way and unfortunately the current state of affairs shows they are having some success. Nowadays I don't even come across NYT or WaPo stories very often at all. You have to suffocate these evil empires by giving them no clicks or views.
Google is a corporation virtue signals left all the time with media outlets such as Washington post, nyt. And at times sjw news outlets such as gawker, huff post, vice and Vox news. Google has to virtue signal left, that's their narrative and their base.

Old 11-20-2018, 04:03 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,144,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I used to have Google News on my phone out of habit. I deleted it over a year ago since it was basically just NYT and WaPo stories. There was no balance at all. Google tries to manipulate minds in this way and unfortunately the current state of affairs shows they are having some success. Nowadays I don't even come across NYT or WaPo stories very often at all. You have to suffocate these evil empires by giving them no clicks or views.
Your post is so sad.

On one hand, you're certainly right that it's a mistake to rely mostly on automatic news feeds. It's even worse for anyone to rely mostly on news via a cell phone, which means they will likely never read anything in depth. It's also true that Google has strayed from it's original idea of "Don't be evil" (which was pretty feeble to begin with, although I didn't notice until it was pointed out to me).

On the other hand, though, it's terribly discouraging to have people like you disdaining two of the best papers in the country, which do in fact try to be objective. I assume that you likely are angry at the fact that they are publishing truthful negative information about Trump. It's also true that since Trump was so stupid as to be openly insulting and undermining them, they are now in turn unwilling to cut him any slack. Still, sad to see you turning away from truth, just because you don't like to hear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies