Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 08:17 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So give us your brilliant idea to punish Saudi!

This is such a complex issue but NYT reported as “Trump stands with Saudi”? There’s not a shred of journalism in that article.

I am listening. What’s your brilliant idea that would not ignite the Middle East?

It's not fake news. Trump believes the Saudi's over the CIA, therefore, the title is 100%. To call it fake news is false.

I have a suggestion. Trump can stop undermining our government entities which include the CIA and FBI over foreign countries.

Those men and women have given this country many years of service to keep this country safe while Trump complains of bone spurs and disrespects veterans regularly. He is a complete disgrace and I hope whoever is the next president rights all his wrongs by revising his outlandish regulations and laws. Thankfully, we have some judges in this country pushing back on his blatant disrespect of policy and constitutional democracy.

Your definition of fake news is fake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 08:19 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
It's not fake news. Trump believes the Saudi's over the CIA, therefore, the title is 100%. To call it fake news is false.

I have a suggestion. Trump can stop undermining our government entities which include the CIA and FBI over foreign countries.

Those men and women have given this country many years of service to keep this country safe while Trump complains of bone spurs and disrespects veterans regularly. He is a complete disgrace and I hope whoever is the next president rights all his wrongs by revising his outlandish regulations and laws. Thankfully, we have some judges in this country pushing back on his blatant disrespect of policy and constitutional democracy.

Your definition of fake news is fake.
Once again, please provide your brilliant idea.

And again, it’s such a complex issue. I can assure you any president would choose to do the same but not every president would give money to Iran like Obama did.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:22 PM

This thread is about fake news. Poster provided a link to an article that is true, not fake. You turn it into another debate when the fake news rhetoric of the New York Times is true?

Did you miss the part where I said:

Trump has to start with basic respect for our law enforcement.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
This thread is about fake news. Poster provided a link to a article that is true not fake. You turn it into another debate when the fake news rheetroic of the N
It’s an example of a fake news. It provides no background and no reasons but an opinion disguised as “news.”

Old 11-20-2018, 08:32 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,098 times
Quote:
Not true at all. Please stop.

I am looking for intellectual honesty here.
You won't find that from the left.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Proving once again that liberals have no idea what anyone outside of their echo chamber thinks. YOUR definition of "fake news" is clearly anything not on CNN or Huffington. Rational people know there is a difference between fake news and utterly biased "news" slanted to one viewpoint like the NYT and WaPo constantly print.
Can you explain how the article is SPECIFICALLY fake when it is true that Trump is siding with a foreign adversary over his own intelligence? Give specific excerpts in the article. Otherwise, just because you don't agree doesn't make it fake, it's not.

Note that the other posters did not dispute that the article was TRUE after I pointed out facts within the article. They asked my suggestion on actions Trump should take.

One good thing is I discovered the NYT comments which I never took an interest in before.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:01 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It’s become obvious that the media/social media giants are trying and accomplishing boxing all of us into separate boxes. The question is why.

Identity politics = divide and conquer.

People who are constantly angry, anxious and depressed need to step away from cable news and tabloid news websites.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Can you explain how the article is SPECIFICALLY fake when it is true that Trump is siding with a foreign adversary over his own intelligence? Give specific excerpts in the article. Otherwise, just because you don't agree doesn't make it fake, it's not.

Note that the other posters did not dispute that the article was TRUE after I pointed out facts within the article. They asked my suggestion on actions Trump should take.

One good thing is I discovered the NYT comments which I never took an interest in before.
It is fake because it didn’t provide any other alternatives but covered up the truth and only presented that Trump stood with evil.

The truth is that this situation is unwinnable, and there is only one option available. The evil Saudi has been America’s most important ally for a long time. Maybe America shouldn’t have chosen Saudi as the ally but it did decades back, and Saudi does work FOR America’s interest.

Trump chose the only option available. Unless you can present an alternative, I may agree with you.

This is the same as reporting “John killed 80 years old gramma,” but doesn’t provide any background for you to know if it’s self defense, accident or murder. The fact was right, just liked Trump sided with Saudi, John killed an gramma. But what’s the truth?

How is that real news?

Old 11-21-2018, 06:16 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
It is fake because it didn’t provide any other alternatives but covered up the truth and only presented that Trump stood with evil.

The truth is that this situation is unwinnable, and there is only one option available. The evil Saudi has been America’s most important ally for a long time. Maybe America shouldn’t have chosen Saudi as the ally but it did decades back, and Saudi does work FOR America’s interest.

Trump chose the only option available. Unless you can present an alternative, I may agree with you.

This is the same as reporting “John killed 80 years old gramma,” but doesn’t provide any background for you to know if it’s self defense, accident or murder. The fact was right, just liked Trump sided with Saudi, John killed an gramma. But what’s the truth?

How is that real news?

Fake has nothing to do with providing any other alternatives. Nothing was covered up. An unwinnable situation doe not mean that any news reported about it is fake.

So you're saying that your statement, “John killed 80 years old gramma,” would be fake because you don't know the background of how he killed her?

I think your definition of truth is distorted

Old 11-21-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Fake has nothing to do with providing any other alternatives. Nothing was covered up. An unwinnable situation doe not mean that any news reported about it is fake.

So you're saying that your statement, “John killed 80 years old gramma,” would be fake because you don't know the background of how he killed her?

I think your definition of truth is distorted
Fake is about not providing the background information so that you can decide it’s a murder, accident or self defense; even worse, fake is about to imply somehow your accident is murder.

Reporting the mere fact of John killed gramma without any background information is fake news, so is reporting the mere fact of Trump stands with Saudi without providing any alternatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies