Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 12:24 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
1. claim Trump illegally influenced the investigation

2. continue to pout like a four year old.

3. Impeach !
You forgot one:

4. Retreat to their safe space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 01:40 PM

18 posts, read 6,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Sounds like you think "the PC culture" is problem #1.

Really? That's what keeps you awake at night?

Not the growing wealth gap? Not climate change? Not government corruption?

You are upset with people being too polite?
“Being too polite”

You have absolutely no understanding of what I’m talking about.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:43 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmmm....

NASA just successfully landed it's 8th vehicle on the planet Mars. (barely given a mention in the MSM) This after being gutted by Obama for 8 years.

No other country, not Russia, not the former USSR, not any country in the EU, not China, not Japan has accomplished even a single landing.

This speaks for itself where American stands in physics, science & engineering.

(It's clear that the author of the hit piece, simply created a premise, then cherry picked some stats to "prove" it.)

(The rest of this, of course, since the OP asked, is simply going to be the usual "I Hate Trump" circle jerk that takes place here each day.)

I watched that Mars landing in awe. It was truly amazing. I do think that the money should have been spent here on Earth instead though, but that's the practical side of me speaking.

The usual I hate Trump circle jerk as opposed to dear leader is perfect circle jerk? Tell you what. I'll say something good about Trump if you say something you don't like about Trump. I'm trusting you now, pinky swear.
He is cleaning up the H1B visas. We have Hindu friends that live in an apartment enclave of Indian's here on H1B visas and the complex is emptying out. The rents dropped from $1400 a month to $900 a month with a free months rent. There are a lot of vacancies.

Ok Waldo, your turn. Convince me that you're not a paid troll, or that you're not totally brain washed. Tell us something you don't like about Trump. I double dog dare ya.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:59 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I am looking forward to the day I see Donald Trump in handcuffs. Trump has lied to Americans, he has promised the good life, and delivered nothing. However he has made himself and other elitists much richer at the expense of working folks.

Trump's rating now 38%. I find it hard to understand why it is that high. Trump's tariffs are killing the US. Retail prices aren't just rising, they are skyrocketing. Ford and GM now reporting losses in the billions because of Trump's tariffs. Grocery prices soaring. The housing market is on it's way to the cellar. Jobs, oh yea, like Walmart for instance. Plenty of work, 28 hours a week, $11, and no medical or other benefits. GM plants closing that will also crash businesses that support them. Since Trump has been in office the national debt has increased by a trillion dollars with a projected estimate of five trillion dollars for Trump's term in office. The only ones making money are the top 10%. I believe it is safe to predict that Trump will go after Social Security and Medicare just has he has Medicaid.
Of course Trump can always take the US to war. Let's see, what country has something the US and/allies, like Saudi Arabia wants. Iran, lots of oil there. Won't it be great to see superior US air power blow up women and children on FOX? That would be so much more exciting that seeing women and children blasted with tear gas and rubber bullets.

This video clearly shows the insanity or dementia of Trump. Save the US, impeach Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMIrU1MIMME

https://youtu.be/1ZAPwfrtAFY
Go to 23:50 did this too my wife after seeing this. She though I hit my head or something.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:21 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Interesting. Not only would we not be attracting top scientists - some analyst pointed out that Trump can't even attract top people for his own staff. Really top people didn't want to work for him in the first place, just as top developers didn't want to deal with him in the business world. He's already gone through the top two tiers, it was said, and now he's more or less scraping the bottom.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:18 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Sounds like you think "the PC culture" is problem #1.

Really? That's what keeps you awake at night?

Not the growing wealth gap? Not climate change? Not government corruption?

You are upset with people being too polite?
Quite the kick! Right? I too have often marveled at how so many go on about "the PC culture" (typically Trump supporter types), as if avoiding insult to others is some sort of threat to our very way of life. Their small-minded mean-spirited bigoted way of life perhaps...

I'm with you. If ONLY our biggest problems had to do with better effort to be civil toward others, and if only Trump's supporters weren't so accepting of Trump's nasty ways in these regards. Crude, rude, childish insults and bald-faced lies from Trump are for Trump supporters "straight talk" that is worthy of praise and support!

Trump is incredibly good at distracting all of us with his immature tweeting ways while the bigger problems like those you mention get ignored along with our "better than ever" health care plan yet to arrive in any shape or form, more average Americans enjoying better economic opportunities, income. Better relations and coordination with other world leaders/countries the world economy also depends on to foster future global peace and prosperity, and so on.

Seems we really are coming to the point where we find out whether Trump or America will pay the price for all of Trump's short-comings, and more and more it seems it will be both. Not that all of us care what happens to Trump once he's royally mucked things up for the rest of us well into the future.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
All that proves is how corrupt the Obama admin. was. No one was held accountable and that is corruption and how it works. Like sanctuary policy the criminals are free to roam and commit new crimes.
All your comments prove is that you have an ongoing insistence on expressing your extreme pro-Trump opinion without any real facts, reason or logic to back up your opinion. Just like Trump does, even though Trump has been caught like a dear in headlights over and over again with his lies, immature tweets and wild exaggerations. No matter to Trump supporters and no need to express your opinion really, because all we have to do is listen to Trump to know just what you think and why!

"A third study, by the libertarian Cato Institute, recently looked at criminality among undocumented immigrants just in Texas. The state records the immigration status of arrestees, creating a gold mine for criminologists.

Cato found that in 2015, criminal conviction and arrest rates in Texas for undocumented immigrants were lower than those of native-born Americans for murder, sexual assault and larceny.

Finally, a research paper appearing in the current edition of the U.K. journal Migration Letters shows that youthful undocumented immigrants engage in less crime than do legal immigrants or U.S.-born peers."

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/02/60765...-violent-crime

I'm not sure where you live, but I've lived in and around these "sanctuary" areas most of my life, and I've never felt cause for concern the likes of what fear you and Trump are forever wanting to get all riled up about. What prior wrongs politicians have done also doesn't justify Trump's wrongs, so not all that much point in going there, but compared to almost all recent presidents except for maybe Nixon, Trump is in a low class all his own, and America continues to bare the burden for that lack of real leadership thanks to all those who just won't admit this sad, simple and obvious truth.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:39 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
This website seems to do a decent job of keeping track. I don't know how often it's updated. If anyone knows a better one, please post it for everyone.

Donald J. Trump's Accomplishment's List | MAGA PILL

I also like to check the official White House youtube channel to see what this administration is doing. I especially like the cabinet meetings and when officials pop into press briefings to tell us what they are doing. We pay their salaries, after all.

You will find it amusing (or alarming) the presstitutes report something totally different than what you just watched! That's why the media has a lower approval rating than Trump. They are essentially telling us to not believe our 'lying eyes.'

Old 12-10-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Interesting. Not only would we not be attracting top scientists - some analyst pointed out that Trump can't even attract top people for his own staff. Really top people didn't want to work for him in the first place, just as top developers didn't want to deal with him in the business world. He's already gone through the top two tiers, it was said, and now he's more or less scraping the bottom.
Truly makes one wonder how the wheels stay on...

Who is doing what or more importantly what ISN'T getting done? This too another rare characteristic of the Trump administration I've never even thought about before with prior presidents. Whether appointees were Republican or Democrat picks, I don't recall a time when so many people were fired or chose to leave or pass altogether and still to this day an alarming number of posts unfilled.

Of course Trump supporters will interpret this additional failing by Trump as some sort of house cleaning or conscious effort toward a smaller government, less spending, but nothing of the sort is true! It's just that Trump doesn't have the experience, knowledge or leadership skills to build the sort of organization around him that might serve America the way it should, rather than Trump. He lacks the sort of appeal and sense of patriotism that other presidents tended to bring to the White House.

Not to mention the number of invites to the White House passed down by those who also don't want to be associated with a person like Trump. Unprecedented if I'm not mistaken, or maybe someone else can offer an example of any past POTUS with these sorts of problems?

This thread is so far awfully short on the "pros" we might consider about Trump as compared to the "cons." Is that for any reason other than that the pros outweigh the cons like never before when it comes to Trump and what his is doing for/to America?

Old 12-10-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
This website seems to do a decent job of keeping track. I don't know how often it's updated. If anyone knows a better one, please post it for everyone.

Donald J. Trump's Accomplishment's List | MAGA PILL

I also like to check the official White House youtube channel to see what this administration is doing. I especially like the cabinet meetings and when officials pop into press briefings to tell us what they are doing. We pay their salaries, after all.

You will find it amusing (or alarming) the presstitutes report something totally different than what you just watched! That's why the media has a lower approval rating than Trump. They are essentially telling us to not believe our 'lying eyes.'
Ah! Good for you! At least something other than opinion we might consider in order to judge the good and/or bad that Trump represents for America. Fair enough, but is it?

Using a website that is obviously intent on promoting Trump in a positive light with no negatives to consider whatsoever seems like compelling evidence you are suffering from confirmation bias that allows for no objectivity whatsoever. Right? I mean, all pros and no cons? Who is getting conned here in the process?

No doubt there are many who comment in this forum that can provide similarly biased websites just as damning of Trump as yours is flattering, and I'm not sure that game is what helps us best separate the truth from the nonsense. That said, you have provided quite the list of specifics far more to my liking over unsubstantiated bluster of opinion, and there is much listed in this website that deserves consideration. My quick review, however, brings us back to the problem of what positive developments does Trump deserve credit for versus those Trump really didn't bring about at all?

The historically low unemployment rate, as one big example. Is this Trump's doing or the result of an economy that finally got turned around before Trump came along to enjoy the ride? That's a big important question I think, because all else we enjoy with a growing economy is not something Trump can rightfully take credit for either, much that your website seems to assume we should credit Trump for bringing about.

Much has been written in these threads about when and how Trump deserves such credit, or not, but none of that exchange seems to make a bit of difference as compared to the predetermined bias we had about Trump before he even got elected! What to do about that? Another tough question very difficult to answer I think...

Maybe what might help a bit more is a website or "fact-checker" of sorts that might find a more fair, informed objective evaluation of all positives and negatives rightfully credited to Trump. Short of this, we might be stuck with comparing everyone's favorite bucket of facts according to their obvious bias for or against Trump. Ultimately that seems to be what we're constantly dealing with I think...

Last edited by LearnMe; 12-10-2018 at 12:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies