Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Donald J. Trump regret running for POTUS?
Yes 55 53.92%
No 47 46.08%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 11:18 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,731 times

Advertisements

No, but he soon will after Mueller is done with him.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:30 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I remember how utterly shocked he looked upon realizing he'd won (and not happy shocked). Then, upon his first visit to the white house and first meeting there within the next day or so he looked miserable. Just look at pics of him from that day. Not the face of a happy man winning his dream job. He even was quoted saying he "had no idea all the things the President was responsible for." He had no clue what he was really getting himself into, for instance he didn't know he'd have to hire a staff and you know, run things.

Trump's long-time friend of 25+ years (Howard Stern) went on the record sometime after the election that Trump was actually pizzed that he won, he didn't expect to, and was was not mentally or emotionally suited for the position. I don't know if the orange human regrets winning now or not, but he sure didn't look happy about it at the time and pictures tell the tale.
Do people think Wolff's accounts are that far off?

Old 11-29-2018, 11:43 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I’ve been wondering this for a while. I think most of us know he didn’t intend to or even want to win.
I've felt that way pretty much since the election.

Quote:
But, with all the stress and frustrations of the job, the spotlight on his shady dealings, and the very real possibility of his being shamed out of office and/or imprisoned, does Donald J. Trump regret running for POTUS?

Not only him, but I think his grown sons and daughter (Ivanka only, as I’m not sure about Tiffany) regret this entire debacle.

Do you think Trump regrets it?
I have my doubts re Trump being capable of shame .

At this point, I don't think he regrets running.....but that might change eventually.

His grown sons seem to chase his approval as I believe Trump did with his father.

During an interview (during the campaign, IIRC), Ivanka was asked about the 'Trump on that particular Howard Stern broadcast' issue, and she made a comment (sort of a 'dad stay away' comment) about her father and pepper spray .

Last edited by RMESMH; 11-30-2018 at 12:23 AM.. Reason: corrected typo --- the r was missing in the second of the four times I typed 'Trump'

Old 11-30-2018, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Obama is truly a self-made man. Trump was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple.
Within the last week or so, Jimmy Kimmel interviewed Michelle.

He asked her (I'm paraphrasing...not quoting) why it often seemed that at points many would think would accelerate stress, that Obama seemed to get more calm (as President).

I thought her answer was quite interesting.

She said "He's a plate spinner" That he likes to get one going (obviously meaning issues, projects, etc.) smoothly and then put up another one...to see how many he can get going smoothly. Then she said something along the line of her feeling that he's not truly happy unless he's doing that. One of the people I love most in the world is exactly that way, so her comment may have piqued my interest more than it would with many others.

Old 11-30-2018, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Trumps health is failing him since becoming president the strain of it is too much, you can see it. Soon arse will be so fat you’ll be able to see it from space. Seriously though, Trump truly believe pd that as president he could do whatever he wanted. He didn’t count on so much push back from everyone. His promises are bunk like the most current one about GM. if he doesn’t regret it now at this point he’s a even bigger fool then I thought.

Old 11-30-2018, 12:14 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
He's too stupid and narcissistic to have regrets.

Old 11-30-2018, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Huh? You automatically become famous when you become a POTUS, the most powerful person in the world.

Previously he appealed to people who watch the Apprentice, gamble at Atlantic City and covet space at a Trump Tower, but now he is so famous you have people attending his rallies just trying to get a glimpse of him. He sure is no messiah (as evidence by how he cheats, defraud and lies so much) but his supporters sure act like he is!

I think if Trump were to say he's the second coming of Jesus, they would believe it!

The bolded prompted me to think of the television interview with well off DFW area housewives where at least one of them said something about Trump being sent from god.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:39 AM

251 posts, read 148,516 times
Eh, I'd imagine it's probably something like 60% regret and 40% satisfaction with the guy.

He only wanted the trappings, i.e., the "fame" and relative power of it all. Because of his undeniable narcissism, he was expecting adoration from every corner of the U.S. and the world media. He enjoys photoshoots of walking to/from helicopters and Air Force One. He loves footage of himself sitting at his desk and signing bills and appearing the part in his untailored cheap suits--all with his unqualified yes-men and yes-women grinning stupidly behind him.

He seems to be taken aback by his low approval ratings (which he always decries as "fake news") and the fact that the media and the majority of the world hates him and has no respect for him. He's frustrated that his predecessor has outdone him by every metric and he depends entirely on the gullibility of his fellow sociopaths (i.e., his misguided base) egging him on to keep him breathing.

Heck, if he didn't have Fox News, his tent revival rallies and Mar-a-Largo, he'd probably jump from one of his Trump Towers by now. At least he has those going for him being that he's so in over his head and looks like a bumbling idiot all the time.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nonsense! In modern times he's been far outdone by people like Michael Bloomberg and Jeff Bezos and his success pales in historical comparison to people like Carnegie, Astor, Vanderbilt, et al. But I'll grant you he IS one of the wealthiest jackasses in US history.
Michael Bloomberg just donated $1.8 Billion...an amount equal to over half of Trump's net worth...to Johns Hopkins, his undergrad alma mater.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:33 AM

652 posts, read 340,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Interesting. Thanks for all the replies. Maybe I’m alone here in my beliefs.
As it should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies