Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 11:30 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times

Advertisements

Nothing all that surprising to those of us who have been paying attention, but it's still pretty shocking to hear these words said aloud by the former secretary of state.

Quote:
"So often, the president would say here's what I want to do and here's how I want to do it and I would have to say to him, Mr. President I understand what you want to do but you can't do it that way. It violates the law...it violates a treaty." Tillerson said.
Houston Chronicle

Old 12-07-2018, 11:31 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Don't worry. Trump will scoop up those beans and resell them to his minions as Trump's amazing magic beans... guaranteed to work.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:33 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
I liked how Tillerson said that Trump got sick of hearing him tell him everyday that he couldn't do something because it was illegal.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:33 AM

4,150 posts, read 3,905,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Nothing all that surprising to those of us who have been paying attention, but it's still pretty shocking to hear these words said aloud by the former secretary of state.

"So often, the president would say here's what I want to do and here's how I want to do it and I would have to say to him, Mr. President I understand what you want to do but you can't do it that way. It violates the law...it violates a treaty." Tillerson said.

Houston Chronicle
I have 3 members of Trump's staff I really like

Rex Tillerson - gone

Nikki Haley - gone

James 'mad dog' Mattis - still on staff.

Steve Bannon was a healthy scratch from the team.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:35 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:

Houston Chronicle
Donald Trump, wanting to do something illegal?!?!

Naaah... it must be fake news!

Old 12-07-2018, 11:36 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:

Houston Chronicle

I didn't know Tillerson was a law scholar.....what details he is talking about so we can debate it. Many things that Obama and W Bush did by EO and foreign policy that some think it was against the law. The NSA spying, drone strikes, and the torture program are good examples.

I guess we have to wait until Tillerson's book comes out to know what he is talking about.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:42 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Quote:

Houston Chronicle
Tillerson was never going to remain silent forever..... Remember, Bannon (whom I don't like), did not remain silent, when he realized he too was played by the New York Grifter. Omaraso, the same was true, when she figured out she too was played by the New York Grifter. Flynn not only sang, he performs with the depth of an Operatic piece, following his exit performance, as he finds he too was played by the New York Grifter. Then too, there Cohen... he saw the light, and the light was shone upon the ways he was played by their Grifter to do the under hand dirty work, and the Grifter dumped on him, as if he was what they use to call in older times "a slop jar"... !!!

We can be sure that 'Sessions" won't stay silent forever... not with the way he was insulted, denigrated and and kicked to the curb, because he did not go all into to being the Puppet to Protect the Puppeteer. Session's from the Old Guard Hustler Network, he is not happy that he got played by a New York Grifter.

At some point... he will start talking.... too.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 12-07-2018 at 12:53 PM..

Old 12-07-2018, 11:43 AM

8,488 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Finally broke his silence. His comments support other insider accounts of Trump’s authoritarian view of the Presidency and his near total disrespect for our Constitution. If Kelly and Mattis leave and are replaced by political lap dogs we’re in for a wild ride in American politics.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:46 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I liked how Tillerson said that Trump got sick of hearing him tell him everyday that he couldn't do something because it was illegal.
At least give Trump credit for choosing someone who was smart enough and caring enough about things that were not legal to do.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:47 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I didn't know Tillerson was a law scholar.....what details he is talking about so we can debate it. Many things that Obama and W Bush did by EO and foreign policy that some think it was against the law. The NSA spying, drone strikes, and the torture program are good examples.

I guess we have to wait until Tillerson's book comes out to know what he is talking about.
That's the point , he is not a law scholar and even he knows its illegal. That's why he famously was reported to have called Trump an idiot. You shouldn't have to tell the President of the United States "that's illegal Mr. President."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies