Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2018, 07:37 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
The wall is the most idiotic thing ever. It would cost billions to build, the US would have to claim eminent domain, people could still climb over it. It would be an eyesore.
only for people living within a mile of it, but the rest of the country would benefit

how can a county be a true nation without borders, right now we are being told by illegal immigrants on the other side of the fences, what we can do or not do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 07:40 PM

62,978 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Republicans have had the White House, Senate AND the House of Representatives for TWO YEARS and King Cheetos still couldn't deliver on his promises. So don't blame Democrats, blame yourselves.

King Cheetos? My, how grown up of you. I left kindergarten a long time ago. You might want to try it sometime. Don't play dumb on how congress works either. It takes a certain number of Democrats for the GOP to pass any legislation and there are many Republicans in congress that won't support Trump either so your remark is moot including your claims that Trump hasn't delivered on any of his promises. Google "Trump's accomplishments so far" but I doubt that you will.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:49 PM

62,978 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
The wall is the most idiotic thing ever. It would cost billions to build, the US would have to claim eminent domain, people could still climb over it. It would be an eyesore.

Really? Then I guess the congress that passed the wall bill in 2006 were idiots? I've posted several links proving how the good walls do work but it's idiotic? No, the good double walls can't be climbed over or tunneled under. The last one who tried broke both legs trying. Oh, I guess we'd better tear down the walls on our homes and businesses because after all they are an eyesore and that's more important than being secure!

I don't care if we claim eminent domain or not. Those who don't want the wall on their properties can just deal with the illegal trespassers, criminals and the drug cartels themselves who will funnel right through their properties. They'll be crying for a wall in no time.

As for the cost of building the wall I don't see you and yours crying about the over $100 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us. The wall will curtail those expenses and will cost much less.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
We’ll give Republicans the same cooperation on the wall that you guys gave us on healthcare.

How about that?

Old 12-13-2018, 10:02 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I essence that is true. The wall will not cost the taxpayer anything because vs the costs of illegal immigration it would be virtually free. Trump has a plan to make Mexico pay for it and I have posted the link many times. Trump is merely asking for monies to get the wall started. It's a necessary tool to deter illegal entry into our country and those types of walls have been proven to work.

It was congress that passed the wall bill in 2006 so why all of a sudden do the Democrats refuse to fund it? That was 12 freaking years ago! Some upgraded fencing is not what that bill was about. It was for 700 miles of double wall on our southern border.

I can't think of a better reason to shut the government down other than for our national security. It was shut down before for far less reasons.
Why are you blaming democrats for not funding the wall. They’ve been in the minority for 2 years. Blame republicans since they don’t want to fund it either. If Trump shuts down government because of this he has no chance of being re-elected. Both parties agreed to a bill that was sent to him which he refused to sign. So this is on him and him alone.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:15 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Quote:
How many times do I have to explain the whole picture to you before you stop repeating this? Do you and yours like sounding like a parrot day in and day out in here?
Ah, the irony.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:51 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Oh goodness! Trump supporters are all over this forum whining about Trump's failed presidency. Its quite sad actually.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:49 AM

16,283 posts, read 10,424,652 times
Quote:
There was no lie.....read my lips!!!! Trump never said that Mexico would write a check for it and I've provided a link of what his plan is. You're the one that needs to keep up! In the meantime, we need the funds to get the wall started. I can't think of a better time to shut down the government than when it concerns our national security.

I'll ask you again, since illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year vs a $25 billion wall what is your objection since it would be cost effective and where those walls are already in place they have been very effective in deterring illegal entry. Do you actually think that no criminals or terrorists are getting through our porous southern border either? According to the former FBI Director that is exactly what is happening.

Again I totally understand the need for border security, the myth that libs want "open borders" is not true. So yeah of course bad guys are getting through our borders however as long as drug lords and smugglers have the ability to build tunnels, and they do, I don't think this will work. And I clearly heard him say Mexico would pay for it.

I started to look for your provided link to learn just how Mexico would be doing this. I suspected it's just more conservative BS but I wanted to give it a chance. But after viewing page after page I didn't see it. All I saw was your juvenile "Polly want a cracker" comments as you lecture others about being immature in their criticism of the President. I saw you insulting others, then you took you ball and went home by proclaiming you were putting the offending poster, who did far less then you did, on ignore.

So I've seen all I need to see out of you son. Get bent.

How's that Drain the Swamp thingy going? Who next goes to prison from you President's network of criminals? Most corrupt administration in history, this can not be changed and will be recorded forever. And that is how your President will be remembered.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:01 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Again I totally understand the need for border security, the myth that libs want "open borders" is not true. So yeah of course bad guys are getting through our borders however as long as drug lords and smugglers have the ability to build tunnels, and they do, I don't think this will work. And I clearly heard him say Mexico would pay for it.

I started to look for your provided link to learn just how Mexico would be doing this. I suspected it's just more conservative BS but I wanted to give it a chance. But after viewing page after page I didn't see it. All I saw was your juvenile "Polly want a cracker" comments as you lecture others about being immature in their criticism of the President. I saw you insulting others, then you took you ball and went home by proclaiming you were putting the offending poster, who did far less then you did, on ignore.

So I've seen all I need to see out of you son. Get bent.

How's that Drain the Swamp thingy going? Who next goes to prison from you President's network of criminals? Most corrupt administration in history, this can not be changed and will be recorded forever. And that is how your President will be remembered.
Bingo.

The whole "they want open borders" is total BS.

Trump says it. They believe it. And that settles it.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:04 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
The main reason that Trump got elected is that people believed his lies and the lies spread by the Russian troll media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies