Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 06:18 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,968,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Obama's healthcare reform during a deep recession when millions of people were out of work forced people like me to pay for insurance I couldn't afford, with deductibles so high I couldn't even get healthcare. That's not healthcare reform, or affordable. He had a super-majority. Why did he pass something that foisted that on me, a lower middle-class person who was never eligible for subsidies. Obama actually had some support from everyone until he did that. That's when the Tea Party protests and town hall fights started happening, when they were pushing for this unaffordable boondoggle when people were out of work.
Death panels. Remember the GOP hoopla? The GOP is great at marketing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 06:27 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
the mere fact that Dems are bringing back 80 year old Pelosi as their leader shows how feckless the Party has become. Trump can bully those 2 ineffective clowns into submission.

watch and learn
Pelosi is 78 and 2 years older than Mitch McConnell and a mere 6 years older than Trump. Bunch of olds.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:29 AM

63,005 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
We spend billions on border security. While I agree it's not enough you act as if we actually have open borders and President Trump is the only politician who is trying to secure our borders. This is nonsense. He just has a really radical idea that not everyone thinks is going to solve the problem.

And again the key is he said Mexico would pay for it. He didn't say by back door methods, he said implied they would be cutting checks. Now he wants us to pay for it and that's not what he promised.

This again after all of my explanations in here? Trump did indeed state how Mexico would eventually pay for the wall and I have posted the link numerous times in here. Once again, even if Mexico won't pay for the wall it is still cost effective for the taxpayer. How many times do I have to post the costs of illegal immigration vs the costs of the wall before you and yours stop repeating this same nonsense over and over again. Geezus!!!!

Old 12-14-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
To answer the OP's question, it's obvious to anyone with a brain that dares to use it, that Trump's propaganda campaign to convince the simple minded that we should be very, very afraid of "rapists and terrorists" pouring over the border, and that Mexico would pay to "build a wall" to prevent it - worked very well.

Sure it was one of the reasons Trump got elected. It just wasn't a VALID reason.

The were both valid reasons and still are!

Old 12-14-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Oh goodness! Trump supporters are all over this forum whining about Trump's failed presidency. Its quite sad actually.

Huh??? It's the left who hate Trump that are doing all the whining in this forum over some supposed Trump failed presidency. Are you joking?? Sad that you have it a** backwards.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:39 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,229,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I mean, the issue is not really up for debate anymore. Trump ran his campaign on building the Wall, and that is why he got elected.

So, why are Democrats trying to oppose Trump on this?
America already has fences and walls in the areas it needs it... Mexican's are not America's problem, it only a problem for the racially and ethnic bias segment of white society that does not look at the whole picture, nor consider the well to do who have an obsessive pursuit to seek out "cheap labor" and they don't care if its illegal or not, as long as they maximize their profits. Its a good way to distract the people from the truth of fact, of how the wealthy have fleeced society and exported industry and left nothing but "service jobs" for the masses, and convinced the masses that these jobs should not pay a living wage. It's among the history of American Wealthy's Con Job that has been played out on the American people for centuries to keep wages low, and profits high for the well to do and the wealthy. They already know the working poor and dire poor of white society will never figure it out, as long as they have someone to look down upon ethnically and racially... and someone to blame for the low wage structure. The wealthy know these people will "never" blame the well to do and the wealthy, because they have a vain hope they may one day become one of the well to do or the wealthy... which still has not happened over the hundreds of years of America's existence.

America's problem is the Financially Elite American White Industrial Leaders, who "OUTSOURCED" industry, closed factories and played the "merger's and acquisition games", that stripped, ripped and clean out and sold off businesses in pieces and laid off 10's upon 10's of thousands of workers and decimated entire regions and cities. The same one who played the "over-inflate stocks" and borrow against the fictional over valuation.

It was not Mexicans, It was not Blacks and it was not Poor Whites that Outsourced Industry.

Why would American want to "wall themselves in" like some set up for a Soviet Styled Lock In..... if they get that done, one may next need a passport to travel from one state to the next.
While these Right Wing Confederates continues their march toward "Trying To Rebuild The Ideals Of The Confederacy". They've been at it for over 154+ yrs... They wealthy never wanted to give up the power they had over the people... and they certainly have never cared for paying people a living wages.
Poor whites should know this as well as anyone, because they too come from century and decades of the Poor, and they are still poor.

Mexican work!!! They've been doing the jobs "Americans "DON'T WANT TO DO" for many decades. One can't find enough poor white people willing to go into the filed and pick the vegetable that fill the markets, and many of these well to do, were raised by Mexican Housekeepers who also had the dual role of being a nanny to many and some were simply overly spoiled kids, who were somehow taught the same type of "ethnic bigotry" as slave owner kids were taught about the slave nannies who raised them.

When the electric companies wanted to "trim back the trees", they could not find enough poor white people willing to climb those trees and cut those limbs back. The vast number of restaurants who want people to do the "labor help work", they can't find enough poor white people willing to do that work. It is white people in the position to budget for the work that needs to be done, they are not going to up the wage for poor whites, nor for Mexicans to do this work, These electric companies also don't go into poor white communities and make the job offers, nor do they go into black communities and make these job offers. They go to Mexico and makes these job offers... therefore the only takers of that work in many cases is the Mexican workers. If the Big Industry can't find Mexicans in America, they create "migrant contracts" and bring them in to do the work. The Agriculture Industry has been doing the same for decades. They started that long ago, when they could no longer have slaves and black people were no longer willing to work for not enough to even feed and house their family, and certainly poor whites would not even consider doing the work. All the aims to denigrate Mexican people when they are contributors to America and the American ideals of what American's want life to provide.

All this "Build A Wall" has no concern about the multitude of "white skin people' who come here illegally from all over Europe, there is absolutely not one minute of focus given the "Russian Mafia" who has set up shop all across America with every kind of Illegal Enterprise they can conceive to create, but absolutely nothing is even of a thought to pursue and deport them.

Do we have an excess number of Illegals from Mexico and Central America... No doubt about it... The numbers are there, but also there are the people who seek out and pursue hiring them, that's why they come in such high volumes.

Fact 1 - The totals went down over the 2007-2016 period "Obama's Presidency"

According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the countries of origin for the largest numbers of illegal immigrants are as follows (latest of 2017)

Country of origin Raw number Percent of total
Mexico 6,640,000 55
El Salvador 700,000 6
Guatemala 640,000 5
India 430,000 4
Honduras 400,000 3
Philippines 360,000 3
China 270,000 2
Korea 250,000 2
Vietnam 200,000 2
Dominican Republic 180,000 1
Other 2,050,000 17

America knew that Mexico and Central America was struggling for 100 yrs... but instead of developing to help them in the ways we helped China... we did not try to invest to help them build their economies, we carted everything 8,000 miles away.... America could have long ago helped Central America and Mexico rid itself of political corruption, the same as it has done for China, and many other places, by the direct investment to help them build up industry.

It did not do so, because America was "thirsty for illegal Mexican labor", because it could get it cheap... It did not even become a matter of concern, until "OUTSOURCING" finally exposed the decline of Industry that Outsourcing created..... I remember when people, yes everday working people would brag about their "mexican house keeper" and their "mexican handi man" and the construction industry would line up their vehicles at Home Depot and any other Hardware store to pick up Mexican and Central American Construction Workers.

It did not become a concern, until " Outsourcing Tool Away the Working White Class Jobs" and they could no longer afford to keep their Mexican and Central American housekeepers, handi men and etc. It became a more focused issue, when the Mexican and Central Americas, began to buy up the communities that working white left, to move into the suburbs, and they later found out that the Mexican and Central America people's second generation who were born here, began to gain Political Power in the communities where whites had long ago left... Then the attention escalated in concern about Mexican and Central American people, but many by that had "birth right citizenship" and had educated themselves and invested to build business in the community, and they circulated the money within their communities.

There was a time one could not find many white men who wanted to have a "lawn service business", that was a job relegated to Blacks and Mexicans, in some West Coast cities it was jobs that were relegated to Japanese. But the Japanese saved their money sent their kids to school and then those jobs went to Mexicans and some to blacks... but primarily to Mexicans, they too saved their money and sent their kids to school.... By the time Outsourcing has stripped away Industry, then "white men" began to realize how much profit was in Lawn Servicing, and they began to take over those jobs, and when many did, they first hired Mexican and Central Americans to do the work. Only after the "Zero Turn" Lawn Mowers came into wide usage, did the White Lawn Servicemen, began to hire white men to ride those "Zero Turns'... Today... one can see more "lawn service trucks than ever before"... of white men canvassing the landscape. But they did not want those jobs until the "riding lawn mower came into mass usages". When they came into the business, the cost of lawn service escalated !!!! Now, its a big time business, that generates mass volumes of money, and some of these white men set up companies, and hire lots of Mexicans and Central American people to drive their trucks and ride their lawn mowers and use their weed eaters...

Things did not just happen... the history of "America seeking slave wage labor is 100's of years old... and it can no longer have slaves, but it still has a vast thirst for low wage labor, and it seeks it out from illegal immigrants, because the illegals can't go to the labor board and complain, they don't file workers comp claims, and they are not insured, and they get no pension, and their wages remain lower than could be found if Americans did the work. But, there is not that many young whites who grow up and are willing to do lawn business. In many areas, one can't even find young whites who will even work in fast food establishments. Certainly, many of "even the name popular" eateries can find young whites who are willing to work in the kitchen, do the dishes, clean the tables or other labor intensive jobs.

Only in small towns, can you find these jobs being done by poor whites. One can go any place and the last thing they will find is young white people doing janitorial work, but there is not a business in America that does not need janitorial workers.

Sadly, poor whites have long ago tagged some jobs, as if they are only for minorities and illegals... and they refuse to even consider those jobs.. except in small towns.

Quote:
When people talk about Illegals, they don't think it through to grasp the full dynamics of it all. The profits that go into the hands of those who hire illegals, also is profit that is taken out of the tax system by these same people who hire illegals, because they don't report the full of their earning, they don't contribute the amounts into social security for the labor they utilize, because they use illegals to circumvent the system. The same people who complain about Illegal's kids attending school, don't stop to think... they make use of the illegals for labor and profit, and these same people don't pay into the tax system for the labor they use, nor do they pay into the school system for the labor they use, if they did, it would help cover the expense of the illegals labor they use which would contribute to help cover the cost of the illegals kids attending school. Many of these kids themselves are birthright citizens, but because their parents are illegal, and no taxes paid on behalf of the illegals, should not deprive the birthright citizenship of their kids an education. The issue is more about those who hire the illegals, to pay the taxes for the labor they use from these illegals.
I'm not advocating Illegals, I'm addressing the matters that attract the continuation of illegals to want to come here, illegally.
they would gladly come here legally, but the system does not want them to come legally, because it means those who hire them would have to pay taxes and a living wages... and if they did that, the cost of what their labor produces would result to cost the average American more. It's a system built on a "Catch 22"

Its always ran by those who are well to do, who thrive and profit from it all. That's why we have so much political opposition to doing real comprehensive Immigration Reform. Trump is notorious for brining in migrant workers, because he does not want to pay America Living Wages, Benefits, and Taxes for the labor he wants to utilize to make his business function.

People should learn to think things through and see the full dynamics before they go on a posse mentality of pushing blame, and ignoring where the blame truly exist.

Building a Wall full border wall... is not the answer!!!! The walls already exist in the areas that need them most.

Even if a wall was built, those who thirst for "illegal labor" will find means to circumvent the process to gain the labor of illegals and they'd find a way to ensure to get in as many illegals as they can.

IMMIGRATION REFORM... is what is necessary... and improvements in how "migrant workers" are managed, and documentations that mandate that tax is paid for that labor..... The well to do, and the wealthy do not want that. Because they want the high profit by any means, so they find ways to fight against Immigration Reform.

People would be blind to not know that the wealthy have gamed this out long ago, because America was built on "fleecing people for their labor"... to ensure the wealthy remain being the wealthy and the gap between the wealthy and the working class and poor remains a wide gap.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 12-14-2018 at 08:00 AM..

Old 12-14-2018, 06:43 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Congressional Democrats have opposed a “stand-alone” E-Verify bill
Which bill might that be?

Grassley introduced one last year. It was referred to Committee.

McCaskill introduced one this year. It was referred to Committee.

Illegal immigration became a tidal wave in the 80’s and peaked in 2005/6.

Has not mattered which party held the majority or who sat the oval.

30+ years of kicking the can was no accident.

So long as both parties can continue to persuade the masses it’s the other party’s fault, they can continue to kick that can. That’s no accident.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Again I totally understand the need for border security, the myth that libs want "open borders" is not true. So yeah of course bad guys are getting through our borders however as long as drug lords and smugglers have the ability to build tunnels, and they do, I don't think this will work. And I clearly heard him say Mexico would pay for it.

I started to look for your provided link to learn just how Mexico would be doing this. I suspected it's just more conservative BS but I wanted to give it a chance. But after viewing page after page I didn't see it. All I saw was your juvenile "Polly want a cracker" comments as you lecture others about being immature in their criticism of the President. I saw you insulting others, then you took you ball and went home by proclaiming you were putting the offending poster, who did far less then you did, on ignore.

So I've seen all I need to see out of you son. Get bent.

How's that Drain the Swamp thingy going? Who next goes to prison from you as the President's network of criminals? Most corrupt administration in history, this can not be changed and will be recorded forever. And that is how your President will be remembered.

The good double walls that were approved by congress in 2006 can't be tunneled under or jumped over. So what you are saying is that unless they are 100% effective they are useless? 80-90% being stopped isn't enough? WTH?

Here's the link again that I have already posted numerous times on Trump's plan to make Mexico pay for the wall but then again none of you will address my point that even if Mexico didn't pay for it, it would still be cost effective to the taxpayer. Why is that?

The juveniles are the ones who keep repeating "but, but, but I thought Mexico was paying for the wall" thus my "polly wanna cracker remark" which describes that constant parroting in here. Nothing immature about me calling them out on it. I don't resort to personal attacks it's you lefties that do! I went home? When was that? I put people on ignore who resort to personal attacks and keep repeating their anti-American nonsense in here. Better to do that than to resort to the personal attacks like they do. Sick of the juvenile description of the president such as "King Cheeto", etc. You don't call that juvenile?

Son? I'm over 70 years old!

This topic is about illegal immigration so stop changing the subject. If you want to talk about something else in regards to the president then post it under the proper topic.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

Old 12-14-2018, 06:50 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,714,363 times
Do Democrats understand that the main reason Trump got elected POTUS was to build the Mexican Border Wall?

Donald Trump was elected for 2 reasons: Telling people what to be afraid of and who was to blame for their fear.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:53 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,593,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The good double walls that were approved by congress in 2006 can't be tunneled under or jumped over. So what you are saying is that unless they are 100% effective they are useless? 80-90% being stopped isn't enough? WTH?

Here's the link again that I have already posted numerous times on Trump's plan to make Mexico pay for the wall but then again none of you will address my point that even if Mexico didn't pay for it, it would still be cost effective to the taxpayer. Why is that?

The juveniles are the ones who keep repeating "but, but, but I thought Mexico was paying for the wall" thus my "polly wanna cracker remark" which describes that constant parroting in here. Nothing immature about me calling them out on it. I don't resort to personal attacks it's you lefties that do! I went home? When was that? I put people on ignore who resort to personal attacks and keep repeating their anti-American nonsense in here. Better to do that than to resort to the personal attacks like they do. Sick of the juvenile description of the president such as "King Cheeto", etc. You don't call that juvenile?

Son? I'm over 70 years old!

This topic is about illegal immigration so stop changing the subject. If you want to talk about something else in regards to the president then post it under the proper topic.
I guess that explains why you are so wedded to outmoded and ineffective ideas that were only considered solutions long ago. Like a wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies