Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 09:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
And WHEN there is peace in Iraq? When the vision for a peaceful and democratic Iraq comes to fruition? When, because of what happened there affects the whole middle east, in a positive way, not in your negative, pessimistic way? Then what? Will "W" get credit for that?

What will the historians say then?

I realize you HOPE none of this will come true for political reasons, and because you hate "W" so intensely. But the seeds have been sown.
"When " is a big word....hasn't been peace in the mideast in about 10, 000 years so I won't hold my breath. Then we can also ask ourselves was the price worth it...and of course, the bushworshipers who haven't been blown to death, haven't been maimed, who won't spend the rest of their life in a wheel chair, will say it was as they and their children and grandchildren pay for the war.

FleetQuote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?!
""he mentioned "liberation" more often than "WMD."

He "mentioned' 9/11 more than anything. .

As I said, he mentioned liberation of Iraq more than WMD. That kind of shoots down the claim that Bush had Iraq invaded only because of WMD, as some claim.""""

So WHY did he wait until AFTER 9/11? WHY did he connect 9/11 to attacking Iraq?

IF he had legitimate reasons for attacking Iraq WHY did he need 9/11 ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 09:19 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla33 View Post
For All You Bush Bashers U Should Know In 10-15 Yr.s He Will Look Back As Our Most Beloved. He Has Oldfashion Thinking What We Need.

Well, as you say, HE may look back fondly

The rest of the country will likely still be paying the price of his misleadership

Old 04-14-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
And WHEN there is peace in Iraq? When the vision for a peaceful and democratic Iraq comes to fruition? When, because of what happened there affects the whole middle east, in a positive way, not in your negative, pessimistic way? Then what? Will "W" get credit for that?

What will the historians say then?

Considering you fail to mention any benefit to the US I'd say the historians will say he accomplished little.

I don't particularly give a rat's behind if Iraq is democratic and free if al Qaeda is still roaming freely in any number of other countries.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:22 AM

793 posts, read 2,213,885 times
Maybe Bush should pay the debt out of his own pocket.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
Maybe Bush should pay the debt out of his own pocket.

I'm sure he'll be doing that right after parting the Red Sea and watching the Cubs win a World Series

Old 04-14-2008, 09:29 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,509 times
Quote:
For All You Bush Bashers U Should Know In 10-15 Yr.s He Will Look Back As Our Most Beloved. He Has Oldfashion Thinking What We Need.
another delusional bush lover, in 10 to 15years, his presdiential papers and documents will be released and then we'll see just how big of a criminal he really was

Old 04-14-2008, 10:25 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
"When " is a big word....hasn't been peace in the mideast in about 10, 000 years so I won't hold my breath.
Did I say peace in the middle east? I said Iraq at peace, which WILL affect the middle east.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Did I say peace in the middle east? I said Iraq at peace, which WILL affect the middle east.

Cherry picking/avoiding other points....another well taught grasshopper.

Iraq is IN the Middle East...the Middle East hasn't had peace since ....forever. Iraq shows no signs of having peace.

Please keep your head in the sand and ignore the horrible price AMERICANS will pay for "hoping" there'll be peace on the other side of the world.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:

Iraq was at peace before we invested so much blood and $$$$ for what?

Scum tho he was Saddam was also an enemy of al Qaeda and had no history of state sponsorship of terrorism aimed at the US, and presented no imminent threat. Maliki on the other hand was at one time a member of a party involved in attacks against US interests.

We've benefitted the US how?

Old 04-14-2008, 11:36 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
It's hard work

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies