Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2018, 02:34 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times

Advertisements

And thus the reasoning that led to the election of Donald Trump...
Indifferent to those who are impacted from small to major by government shutdown--
Imperverous to the idea that this is a negative for the entire economy because they aren't harmed...
That lack of empathy and analysis will prove to be the downfall of the GOP, hopefully sooner rather than later...

Old 12-22-2018, 02:35 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times
This is why leftists are so afraid of a shutdown. It always exposes how worthless those non-critical offices really are.

Old 12-22-2018, 02:40 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
And thus the reasoning that led to the election of Donald Trump...
Indifferent to those who are impacted from small to major by government shutdown--
Imperverous to the idea that this is a negative for the entire economy because they aren't harmed...
That lack of empathy and analysis will prove to be the downfall of the GOP, hopefully sooner rather than later...
Stop it !!!
It hurts my feelings.
That's just bullying !!! Be Best !!!

Get on the high road and off the high horse.

Old 12-22-2018, 02:51 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,308,240 times
It is beautiful when the federal government "shuts down" for a day or two and the world keeps on turning just fine.

It's too bad we'll have to give the furloughed fed workers back pay when it's over though.. Don't they take enough throughout the year? A few days of no pay would be good for them.

By definition, can't we just lay all the non essential ones off, since they are non essential and all?

Old 12-22-2018, 02:53 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
15 hours in, we are all here, just like any other day, safe and sound.

Nothing will change that, either.

Now we are saving , as we are not paying 420,000 employees today, laid off, whom their employer admits are not essential.
Glad you think so. I know someone who won't be getting their paycheck for Christmas. Just talked to another who lives in a small town where a national park is closed that has already affected the town. So happy you don't depend on what so many others do.

Saying we're "all here," is so out of touch and asinine.

Old 12-22-2018, 02:55 PM

29,832 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Glad you think so. I know someone who won't be getting their paycheck for Christmas. Just talked to another who lives in a small town where a national park is closed that has already affected the town. So happy you don't depend on what so many others do.

I work in the private sector. There were times when I had to wait for a paycheck because the accounting company screwed up, or the company simply mismanaged funds. As long as I got paid eventually (up to 2 weeks late at one time), I didn't worry because I am a saver, not a wasteful spender.

Why do government workers deserve better than private sector workers?

Old 12-22-2018, 02:58 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I work in the private sector. There were times when I had to wait for a paycheck because the accounting company screwed up, or the company simply mismanaged funds. As long as I got paid eventually (up to 2 weeks late at one time), I didn't worry because I am a saver, not a wasteful spender.

Why do government workers deserve better than private sector workers?
But the accounting company didn't screw up. Trump did. Many people don't make that much money so missing a paycheck on time is a big deal. Bully for you being a saver. But that doesn't help those who didn't get their money.

Old 12-22-2018, 02:58 PM

956 posts, read 745,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post

What town? Most NPs are pretty much shut down during winter anyways. Its only been a few hours. Jeez, libs

Old 12-22-2018, 03:02 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
15 hours in, we are all here, just like any other day, safe and sound.

Nothing will change that, either.

Now we are saving , as we are not paying 420,000 employees today, laid off, whom their employer admits are not essential.
When the gov't opens they will be paid their back pay. They got a paid vacation, without using vacation time.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-22-2018, 03:15 PM

25,771 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
It is beautiful when the federal government "shuts down" for a day or two and the world keeps on turning just fine.

It's too bad we'll have to give the furloughed fed workers back pay when it's over though.. Don't they take enough throughout the year? A few days of no pay would be good for them.

By definition, can't we just lay all the non essential ones off, since they are non essential and all?
I say we fire them all and give their jobs to homeless Vets. Pay them a living wage..about 1/2 of what the current parasites are being paid.

This solution achieves the following:

reduces the cost of government

reduces homelessness

gives our Vets a hand-up

teaches the Dems a lesson that closing down the government over a measly $5B is a losing proposition

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies