Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 03:57 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Your choice but, hiding subtle expressions of affection because it might offend others only perpetuates the problem. If more gay folks were comfortable expressing their affection appropriately it would cease to be abnormal” to so many who claim to be repulsed by it.
No offense, but people actually are repulsed by sex between men. In the vast majority of cases that isn't some false claim made by guys who want to cover up their own homosexuality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 06:30 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times
Try as I might I just can't bring myself to care that much about gay people. They neither please nor offend me.

Old 12-31-2018, 06:14 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
LOL Oh, the irony. I haven't heard the #metoo harpies complaining about this pic, the way the dug up the original one to opine about.

How nice to know it's okay, now.
Why, exactly would the "me too" movement complain about a pic of two married people kissing? You do understand what the "me too" movement is about, yes?

Old 12-31-2018, 06:19 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
No offense, but people actually are repulsed by sex between men. In the vast majority of cases that isn't some false claim made by guys who want to cover up their own homosexuality.
Many people don't want to see any sexualized affection in public by even hetero couples, but yes many view Gay, Public, Sexualized Affection as repulsive, and unnatural.

Old 12-31-2018, 07:05 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Oh lordy. Please do some research into the connection between hormones and homosexuality. There are many scientific articles out there to research. Can you tell me at which point you woke up one morning and decided to be heterosexual? Or was it not a choice? If it wasn't a choice than why would it be a choice for homosexuals to be homosexuals?

Your ignorance breeds hate and hate makes good people do bad things. This country will never be 1950's again. It evolves and changes just like everything else in life. The face of our country is changing and nothing will stop it. Maybe it's better to accept and respect differences and find the good instead of demonizing young people for having a different world view point. I remember my parents reactions to Elvis and the Beatles and how it would be the downfall of our country. It's laughable now, just as your hate will fade away and be replaced by enlightened, educated opinions.

These millennial's will be taking care of us and our country in the next 15 to 20 years. One size does not fit all and I bet that we will have a kinder gentler nation when they take over and this misguided generation ceases to be.

America is different than it was 40 years ago, and it will be different in another 40 years after that. I just hope I live long enough to see all people who were born different stop being treated like second class citizens and are free to live the way they were born to be. Hate is a cancer of the soul.

From someone born different, thank you. We share the same hope.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:23 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Yes a state has a right to pass a law preventing a person (not just conservatives as that would be unconstitutional) from touching ones private parts. A state could pass a law forbidding sex on Tuesday evening if it wanted. Just because a law is stupid, unenforceable or foolish does not mean it is unconstitutional.

Homophobe not that again..... Y’all made that word up to make those who disagree with homosexual life choices loom to be simply ignorant and afraid of it. My opposition to homosexuality has to do with my values, religious beliefs and personal choice, it has nothing to do with fear or ignorance. Don’t bother trying to convince me otherwise as it would be just as much of a waste of time as me trying to talk you into believing like me. I have no problem sharing my views just as all the leftists in here do. The difference is the fact that some of your side would like to censor my views or even persecute me for them.

If you fear people like me then that is your problem. I have never threatened anyone nor have I persecuted anyone. Just because I disagree with your lifestyle does not mean I am a threat to you. Also not making others witness your PDA is just polite behavior, that goes for everyone regardless of your persuasion.
In a previous post you said:”All we can do is speak against what is going on and wait for the time when we need to be ready to take strong action to restore this good nation to what it once was.”

That’s pretty threatening.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:27 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Know that millions of us will NEVER accept your worldview. I find it amazing that you believe what you do. How may I ask do employers discriminate against blacks or other minorities? The law forbids it. Yes the Bill of Rights applies to all. It applies to my freedom of speech and religion, it applies to my right to bear arms and it applies to my states right to make its own laws regarding abortion and marriage etc. I would gladly fight to protect my rights. If your side attempts to enshrine your agenda into law and attempts to take our rights i do believe millions will fight. There are a lot of us who hate and abhor what your side wants to do and your side may be shocked one day when we finally all stand up to oppose it. I will never stop resisting the left wing agenda, both the social and economic agenda. One day if your side wins then maybe you will lock me up but even then I will resist and I will continue too until I am gone.
And again, very threatening.

You clearly don’t believe that everyone has the same rights as you.

And you’ve created an enemy where one doesn’t exist to justify your hate.

Sad.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:57 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
You can be "Born Different", and still be respectful to others people's beliefs, and not rub it in their face.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:45 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times
Quote:
It is true many men find sex between 2 men repulsive, while at the same time many men are turned on when it comes to sex between 2 women. Kind of a double standard you have to admit.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:06 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,531,299 times
Quote:
Doesn’t offend me. But, I couldn’t care less if some are repulsed by sex between men. That’s their problem. It’s hardly a legitimate argument for gay men to refrain from expressing affection in public. Now there is a limit. Just as heterosexuals should demonstrate restraint in public displays of affection in public, the same goes for same sex couples. But a kiss, a hug is considered appropriate by most for heterosexual couples. Gay couples should not feel the need to hide that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies