Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 10:14 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,848,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why does she have some explaining to do? Just because he wants something, he can't demand it over the votes of those elected to represent the American people.

This on Trump. The constituents don't want the wall funded, he's caused the shut down. Which he stated clearly in the beginning, before I guess someone with a brain said don't claim this.

Americans want a wall. Trump knows this. The Dems know this. They are refusing Americans what they want.

Democrats are serving globalists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 10:15 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times
Quote:
Why does she have some explaining to do? Just because he wants something, he can't demand it over the votes of those elected to represent the American people.
The Executive Branch of the US Government is lead by the President and is responsible for national security, that includes border patrol via The Department of Homeland Security. The President is responsible for our national security and protecting our borders is a huge part of that responsibility. The American people elected Donald Trump as President and he ran on a pretty basic platform of increased border security and building a border wall.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
I guess Listener believes the furloughed workers, and those who are now working without pay, won't be paid when this is over?
They shouldn't be paid for time they didn't work. If these workers worked for a private company that went broke and shut down for a few weeks they wouldn't get paid for time they didn't work.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:18 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Quote:
I think everyone knows that . . .

They've been told to hate the government, hate the media, hate immigrants although most will say we want LEGAL immigrants they actually don't, hate anyone of color, hate nonChristians . . .
And that hate now defines America and we will all suffer tremendously over the next few years because of it. If you aren’t white, heterosexual, conservative, and the right kind of Christian, you aren’t considered a “real American†anymore. I remember always wondering how Nazi Germany could happen when I was growing up. Maybe it’s time to let the Confederacy go and have the totalitarian white nationalist theocracy that people here have always wanted. Just give liberal people in the Confederacy time to emigrate to a free state before closing the border.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:19 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,701,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
They shouldn't be paid for time they didn't work. If these workers worked for a private company that went broke and shut down for a few weeks they wouldn't get paid for time they didn't work.
Yep, just ignore the laws that says that is advance notice is not given that they must be paid.
All that happens is they are paid and the taxpayers lose the benefit of their employment.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Americans want a wall. Trump knows this. The Dems know this. They are refusing Americans what they want.

Democrats are serving globalists.
American's want the laws enforced. It isn't happening. Millions upon millions freely working here illegally.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Yep, just ignore the laws that says that is advance notice is not given that they must be paid.
All that happens is they are paid and the taxpayers lose the benefit of their employment.
If we're ignoring our immigration laws, why not ignore a few other laws? Seriously, screw them. They shouldn't be paid for time they didn't work, it's not our fault they chose to work for a bankrupt entity that can't afford to pay them. I haven't noticed this government shutdown in any way but the government sure is still taking taxes out of my paycheck.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:22 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh, God, the visuals on that one are funny as Hell ! "Cut my paycheck, Mr Big Shot, here, take this......patooey ! "

Since that amuses you, you should rent the movie The Help if you haven't seen it. Octavia Spencer's character bakes Bryce Dallas Howard's character a pie that has 'someone's business' in it . The looks on their faces once Bryce Dallas Howard's character realizes what she is eating are priceless.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:24 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times
I voted for Trump and what have I gotten?

- wall? Nope.
- any decrease in illegal immigration? Nope.
- tax cuts for me? Nope.

- make it so I won't be paid? Yup.
- make it so I don't get a raise during great economic times? Yup.
- demonize a segment of Americans just because Trump is mad at some of them? Yup.

Thanks for making my 2020 decision so much easier. As you have for most federal employees.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:28 AM

18,735 posts, read 33,410,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Those people who will not get checks are not responsible for politicians being unable to agree to things. They are bystanders to the process. Trump in his small mind see's them all as being against him. That is a warped view. Is he not the president of everyone?
No, he is not. For that matter, I don't think he is the president of his base (the really committed people). He'd throw them under the bus in a heartbeat if it suited him.

I am not a federal worker, but I think this pay freeze is terrible. Terrible optics, too. Does he really think all federal workers are not his support, and that all his base hates people who work for a living in government?

How about that tax cut, now there's a place to save some money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies