Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 09:11 AM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Oh, no! He was mocked! Mocked, I tell ya!

Someone must have been watching Trump and taking notes. No one mocks people better than Trump. That a Trump supporter would be whining because another Trump supporter was mocked is just too funny.
Trump gave you permission to mock someone? It would not have been done if Trump had not done it?

Weak. Just..........weak.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:05 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walllover View Post
Does the OP believe that an amputee vet is off limits to criticism? IMO, this guy sounds like a scam artist using his vet status to take advantage of people.

According to Trumpetts, all vets are off limits unless they criticize Trump. And yes this guy is a scam artist and has been in the past and is also a conspiracy theorist. No wonder most Trump supporters won't give him a dime. Either that or they don't truly believe paying for the wall themselves.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:06 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Find the people who threatened and prosecute. Not fond of the wall but the guy has the right to do his thing without threats.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:27 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I expect the money to start a non-profit. So the guy who started it can milk a couple of million out of the fools who donated.
Looks like the guy has decided to open a 501(c)4.

LOL con man hard at work.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:00 AM

19,788 posts, read 22,695,361 times
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/border-...rt-2019-01-11/

Quote:
The refund announcement came a day after BuzzFeed News reported that Kolfage pocketed money in a previous GoFundMe campaign intended to help other wounded soldiers. Kolfage raised $16,246 for a veteran mentorship program, but BuzzFeed News reports that after collecting the funds, he didn't use the money as promised: none of the partners he claimed to have worked with — including Walter Reed, Brooke Army Medical Center and Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany — have any records that Kolfage worked with their patients or donated money, according to representatives at the centers that BuzzFeed News spoke to.
....and trump supporters get scammed at the ballot box and by shiny go fund me scammers, lol.

Suckers.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:08 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Yep, scammer at work.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:59 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,455,012 times
I've had people look up myself and colleagues on our institution's websites in order to send us death threats despite being a communications office, not the ones making any kind of decisions. That's to say nothing of the regular threats we receive through our social channels.

Spoiler alert: these are coming from people/accounts that affiliate with the right.

It's a horrible byproduct of the internet age that some peoples' first instinct is to send a death threat when they're angry.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:20 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I've had people look up myself and colleagues on our institution's websites in order to send us death threats despite being a communications office, not the ones making any kind of decisions. That's to say nothing of the regular threats we receive through our social channels.

Spoiler alert: these are coming from people/accounts that affiliate with the right.

It's a horrible byproduct of the internet age that some peoples' first instinct is to send a death threat when they're angry.
Gun nuts fantasize about using them on their perceived enemies. Some actually do it. But most are cowardly.
Their tendency for violence is bad for them.....and everyone else, but I don't think they can help themselves.

Cons are surely easily conned. I'm sure many will donate back to this guys new "non-profit" which he and his family will certainly milk (amazing how some of these groups milk and milk and milk).

Heck, the lawyer/preacher that is Trumps best buddy takes MILLIONS from his own non-profit for his fees. Hires his family too. Birds of a feature, I guess:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ulow-donations

All coincidence I'm sure. Trump is a honorable man and so is Jay:
"But Jay Sekulow, who is now an attorney to Donald Trump, had a private jet to finance. His law firm was expecting a $3m payday. And six-figure contracts for members of his family needed to be taken care of.

Documents obtained by the Guardian show Sekulow that month approved plans to push poor and jobless people to donate money to his Christian nonprofit, which since 2000 has steered more than $60m to Sekulow, his family and their businesses."

60 Million! This vet should take lessons from Christians like Jay (who has a radio show too...some of you may even be regulars).

Old 01-12-2019, 04:27 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Gun nuts fantasize about using them on their perceived enemies. Some actually do it. But most are cowardly.
Their tendency for violence is bad for them.....and everyone else, but I don't think they can help themselves.

Cons are surely easily conned. I'm sure many will donate back to this guys new "non-profit" which he and his family will certainly milk (amazing how some of these groups milk and milk and milk).

Heck, the lawyer/preacher that is Trumps best buddy takes MILLIONS from his own non-profit for his fees. Hires his family too. Birds of a feature, I guess:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ulow-donations

All coincidence I'm sure. Trump is a honorable man and so is Jay:
"But Jay Sekulow, who is now an attorney to Donald Trump, had a private jet to finance. His law firm was expecting a $3m payday. And six-figure contracts for members of his family needed to be taken care of.

Documents obtained by the Guardian show Sekulow that month approved plans to push poor and jobless people to donate money to his Christian nonprofit, which since 2000 has steered more than $60m to Sekulow, his family and their businesses."

60 Million! This vet should take lessons from Christians like Jay (who has a radio show too...some of you may even be regulars).

According to Wikipedia, Sekulow is a Messianic Jew.

Are Messianic Jews Christians ?....

Difference Between Messianic Jews and Christians | Difference Between | Messianic Jews vs Christians

Old 01-12-2019, 04:29 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It sure is. Shows how much he has given to our country. If you can't see that I feel sorry for you. Just sit back in your easy chair and make fun of him. SMH is true.
While I certainly appreciate his service, that in no way means he’s currently sane, reasonable, or trustworthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies