Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 07:55 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,119,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
They're not denying that the border needs to be more secure. No one is denying that. There are better, more efficient and more timely options to doing that than a wall. There are already barriers along the southern border. A 2,000 mile wall is not feasible.
The Chinese did pretty well several centuries ago.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:55 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,100,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
And yet you missed the point entirely.....if the wall is nothing more than a mere “hindrance”, it’s failed it’s purprose to begin with.

It's a "hindrance" for the young and physically fit, or those who happen to have a heavy, expensive oxy-acetylene blow torch rig with them and know how to use it.

For everyone else it's a bit more formidable obstruction.

Also walls can incorporate sensors, cameras, drones, security personnel etc.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:59 PM

63,003 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
You can keep trying to put words in people's mouths, but you don't get any closer to a truth.

1 It's not the "lefties" that arent happy with less than 100%.
2 Which Border Patrol & Homeland Security personnel do we beliwve? You are aware of dissenting opinions, are you not?
3 Wildlife & environment concerns are not bogus. Do a little research. Animals & floodwaters do not confine to legal ports of entry.
4 Trump has refused every opportunity to discuss border issues, which go beyond this overpriced wall.

Trump must check his ego. I heard a piece on the news about him continuing to insist on this wall with no concession. In it, he was talking about staying the course because "his senators" will hold him to it. They are the people's. He needs to understand this country is more than his base.

Don't care what you call them it's idiots that oppose the wall in spite of the facts out there. I'm sure there are far more Border Patrol that want the wall than those who don't. Those who don't probably don't want them to be cement barriers that they can't see through.

Sorry, I value human life over animal life and I'm sure there's a way to contain floodwaters. Ever heard of drains?

What are you talking about? Just a few days ago Trump went into a meeting with Pelosi and Schumer to discuss the border and the wall and they cut him short and said, NO, period! He's been discussing the border and the wall since even before he was elected. What a lame statement to make. He even went down to the border today to see the problems and discuss it with the Border Patrol.

Over priced wall? Did you tell Schumer and Obama that back in 2006 when the actual wall bill was passed? In your mathematical mind is $25 billion less than the over $100 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us?

3,321 posts, read 1,102,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
It's a "hindrance" for the young and physically fit, or those who happen to have a heavy, expensive oxy-acetylene blow torch rig with them and know how to use it.

For everyone else it's a bit more formidable obstruction.

Also walls can incorporate sensors, cameras, drones, security personnel etc.
Or you know, they’ll just take a plane like they’ve been doing.

20,838 posts, read 17,119,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Before I even read the leftist replies in here (actually I won't because I'm sick of the parrots in here) these will be the usual lame excuses.

1. A wall is useless and ineffective (in spite of the facts to the contrary) because it won't stop illegal entry 100%.

2. It's too expensive. Actually a $25 billion wall is cheaper than the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us.

3. They will deflect with the visa over stayers even though there are thousands still jumping our border every month.

4. But, but, but I thought Mexico was paying for the wall even though I have posted a link on how Trump plans to do that.

5. We have home grown criminals so we shouldn't bother stopping those coming here illegally and committing crimes.

6. Illegal aliens pump up our economy. We need these poor, unskilled and uneducated because Americans are inferior workers and illegals pay taxes ( even though they pay far less than they cost us).

Did I miss anything? I don't have the lefty liberal play book in front of me nor the by rules of the Parrot Club in here. Feel free to add the ones I have missed as I sure there are some.
You appear to be committed to a position which does not address the pain of loss.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:02 PM

25,592 posts, read 17,318,658 times
Quote:
Might want to test that theory with all those people holed up in Tijuana. 'Cuz I'm pretty sure they didn't have plane fare. They walked and hitchhiked.

Or just take a stroll through a poultry processing plant in Texas. Not a passport in sight.
Fact is, it's pretty stupid to believe that people had the money for plane fare, had the passport and visa necessary, but stayed just so they could pluck chickens and send the money home.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:03 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,537,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I do truly wonder what it will take to shock them into reality.
We have to hope that just once, it will be the son or daughter of a liberal politician, or judge, that becomes a victim of these criminals. Thing is-given the hatred and disdain that liberals demonstrate time after time, I'm not convinced that even that would make a difference. I think they care more about their backwards ideology and agenda than they do about their own children.

Now-it's not likely to happen in the first place. The children of liberal politicians are protected by armed guards...behind walls, much of the time. They only see us peons as the only victims, not their own.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:06 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,559,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It'll be a knockout blow, with Schumer and Pelosi stunned at their loss.
Pelosi is an idiot. A third grader would have done a better job of staging a negotiation that she did.

I heard on the radio in the car this morning that Cher (who obviously hates Trump) Tweeted to Nancy Pelosi to essentially give Trump the money and 'don't die on this hill'.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:06 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,857,932 times
Quote:
Well, there is that.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:07 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,857,932 times
I have an idea.

Why don't Trump and the Republicans pass legislation to make E-Verify mandatory with stiff penalties and fines for violations.

Once they get to $5 billion, the can start on that wall.

It won't actually be Mexico paying for the wall, but close enough.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies